X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR 0.86 download problems

Yet again something fails.
    After download of either the 0.86 Patch, Core or Client Files, It does that whole verify publisher thing. A warning message comes up and says the files are corrupted, and that I have to obtain a new copy of the file.
    I'm using an Australian server mirror. I can't use anything else unless I want to wait 20 hours for the download to finish, obviously I don't.

Do I have to use a PR installer, I remember something about that in the changelog, but there isn't an installer provided so... help anyone? I haven't unistalled 0.85 yet because it says for the patch it requires it.

Apparently my internet is running a lot faster. Every time I send out a request for help things start to go the way I want them to haha!

*I'm at 90 Percentage download of PR 0860 patch. Will be constantly updating the situation*
    Last edited by Berlancic; 06-20-2009, 01:11 AM.

sigpic

Re: PR 0.86 download problems

I'm with you berlancic, i dl'ed the patch and installed it over .856, and it didn't work, so i am now downloading .86 core and .86 levels......and will install accordingly, if anyone uses the installer let us know.....and if it makes a difference.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Are you sure you pointed the .860 installer to the right place?
      Waldo II

Comment

I put it where it said to go. I never mess with the folder options, I have everything on the c drive. I don't have external HD's, and I don't know enough about computers to put folders in different spots etc.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

What's the 0.860 Installer?
          I've decided to press the save option rather than the automatic run option, and it hasn't failed on me yet, I'm now at 90 percentage of the patch.
          Like randy, I just let it place where the files go, I don't tamper with that.
          If I had games.on.net as a mirror I would've downloaded the core within 3 hours. But it's taken almost that to download the patch alone.
          I'm running at 47.5 KB/s. That's Australian 'broadband' for you.
          Hold on, read the manual, it says if you have 0.85 you just need to install the patch? Well that's good news. I thought I would have to DL the patch AND the core AND the levels.
          I mean, why the hell would I have to download the levels if there isn't any new ones included! I'm such a dingbat.
          Last edited by Berlancic; 06-20-2009, 02:12 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Well this is bollocks. I couldn't DL the framework and PR 0.86 didn't work, So I unistalled 0.86 to try setup again. Then out of the bloody blue PR 0.85 doesn't seem to startup, and apparently has been unistalled as well. So now I have to download the 0.86 Levels and Core with a probably crap download rate which will take 20 or so years. Bloody Brilliant, I can't understand how everytime I try to download a new PR version, It blows up in my own face and it takes me 3 days to get it sorted. So much for everything being fine, my arse. I wish our prime minister would stop stuffing his fat face and get to sorting out Australia's incredibly bad internet broadband capabilities and speed. Of course he says it's going to be done in 2014 *cough* I mean 2016, useless bastard...
            Guess I won't be playing tomorrow... I'm glad my dad lets it run throughout the night, he knows how much I love playing this.

sigpic

Comment

thx for posting bro, you saved me a whole lot of megs and grief. i'm sure some genius will come up with an answer.

Comment

Hey if you're a person with slow download (like me haha) use torrent. I'm using something called BitLord. It's great, since 0.86 just got released, lots of poeple are using it, and the more people connected means a much faster download. You can also listen to the radio while DLing (one of BitLords features). It's brilliant!

We need a gamer as prime minister, first thing/only thing on the agenda is better internet! Hehe!
                Obviously I don't mean what I say, most of it (our Prime Minister is still a bit fat and the project completition is slow as a turtle travelling from one side of the solar system to the other). But I was just angry at the moment hehe. You won't believe how great I felt when I wrote that post! Ah I'm so pathetic haha!
                Last edited by Berlancic; 06-20-2009, 04:49 AM.

sigpic

Comment

I downloaded the PR .86 Core, and the levels and installed them = Game didn't work

I even then installed the patch = game didn't work

So i have unistalled PR 86 core, and PR 86 levels and PR 86 patch, and will sometime today try installing the core and levels again......

Also if anyone has any info on what the shortcut properties/target/shortcut should contain please post.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

first thing I did was set my core and levels downloading, then deleted the PR folder
                    once DL'ed I installed Core, then levels (after that net framework thing)

all worked fine
                    |Drewb

Comment

This is what is included in my properties section when i right click on the shortcut created when I installed PR .86

Target: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe"

Start in: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr"

If anyone has anything different, please post.
                      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                      NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

ok i had same problem with pr shortcut icon ,,I could get into pr 86 ,,,but got the message ,, i need to run the pr.exe file instead of bf2.exe

here s how i got around the problem,,uninstall all of 86 ,,,install 85 again ,,,an then just install the pr 86 patch over 85. don t bother with the core an levels patches
                        BostonBob Always Reload

Comment

I'm currently having trouble with installing the NET Framework 3.5 SP1. It just encounters and error, and stops installing. I've looked on their readme, but nothing there I've tried helps.

sigpic

Comment

Berlancic I dl the .Net stuff from the Microsoft updates page I found that the easiest way.
                            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                            NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

i had no problems download, even skipped that .Net download and everything seems ok, i got to play last night. Just curious, what does that .Net downloading do?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X