Lack of Admins at night?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of Admins at night?

Tonight while playing, the abuse of TG standards was quite unreal. Medics reviving and running off. People TK to have limited medic packs. Our squad finally had a medic and another member shot our medic and then took the kit.

I complain about the proper way to play and get ganged up on by the children saying I shouldnt die, and throwing around the word retard like it means nothing.

Not really the type of people i expect to find on TG servers.

Re: Lack of Admins at night?

Your best be is to go on TS, I'm sure you'll find someone if not, try reporting system. If this still doesn't work take some screenshots and PM them to an admin. If you can't remove players that are trouble at the same second as you want, make sure they don't come back.

Comment

Thing is gents, it is release weekend, and as always it will be chaotic for a little while. We just have to deal with it, be mature, and tell players to wise up. If not, report them. It is that simple. Use the "!reporting - Jeepo for blah blah" command means the admins can find it in the chat logs and deal even when they are not there. So always report. I know what you are saying, I was on last night for an hour of Qwai and while our squad done very very well, there was a few squads doing some very dubious stuff. But, they will vanish over time, or be banned etc, so never fear. Also, be aware that occasionally you get external clans on like last night causing trouble, but never be intimidated into not reporting them if they break the rules. TG is open to all, IF they play nice!:)

Comment

Yes. People are going to want to experiment with the new version, so it's always a bit chaotic. And sometimes experimenting takes over common sense.

sigpic

Comment

I am on travel and also have not downloaded the .86 patch, so I haven't been on as an admin for several weeks. I should be back next week in Germany and should be on more often / regularly in a week or so. I am usually on later hours for USA folks, as I am living in Europe.
          sigpic

Comment

We understand the frustration.

We don't have 24/7 admin coverage for a lot of reasons, all of which should be pretty apparent, especially late at night US time.

What can you do about this?

As suggested above, use Teamspeak and look for an admin in another channel. Often times there will be a Battlefield admin playing 2142 or even POE2, and they can be of assistance immediately. You can speak with admins in other titles and they may be able to help out as well.

Regardless, you need to take screenshots of teamkills, abuse in chat, etc. and report it in our Contact an Admin forum with all of the pertinent information. You can also PM me or any of our other admins with the information. I promise those players that are causing issues will be dealt with.

TG is what people make of it. Admins can only do so much, and we can't ensure that each team is working as a cohesive unit even when we are on the server. We rely on the assistance of players such as yourself to help us remove problem players and try to get those that are on to play the game the right way.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Good to know the appropriate way to report, I've not played PR for quite some time, or POE for that matter. And after a reformat had a wild hair to reinstall it a few nights ago.

Graphically it may not be stunning but the game play was what makes it and I was just surprised that after my absence I came into a TG server and it felt like I was playing on some other server.

I've always just had the best exp with the Tactical Gamer guys hence I always tend to look for a TG server with the games I play.

That said, time to login for an hour or two and squad up.

Thanks for the answers guys.

Comment

sometimes there is an overabundance of admins u know

Comment

I can't see how that could be a bad thing.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                    I can't see how that could be a bad thing.
                    Same here.
                    If it were up to me it would be an admin in all squads.

Comment

Originally posted by Donrhos View Post
                      Same here.
                      If it were up to me it would be an admin in all squads.
                      I agree with this, it would help with checks and balances with the administration, as well as help with the numbers of maintaining a friendly server, community productive server.

Another thing, why are people always low-rating a thread that doesn't deserve it? It's pointless and isn't getting anything complaining about it, but it just seems childish.
                      Last edited by Axis_Sniper; 06-24-2009, 08:06 AM. Reason: The added part

Comment

A few days ago I saw 8 admins on BF2CC at one time. Could have been even more in play.

Something else to consider - when I get a report (!teamkilling, etc...) from a TG member I know and trust, I don't have to investigate the incident much or at all before taking action. Having TG members that I know and trust in game add to the coverage as well, helping to make OUR server the best around. Don't count out the TG membership when you talk about admin coverage - you are also part of the solution.

T
                        sigpic

Comment

Of course, TMAN. We should never ignore or count out such a thing. But we aren't able to remove the bad apples from our tree if we can't wake up the gardeners now, can we?

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
                            Another thing, why are people always low-rating a thread that doesn't deserve it? It's pointless and isn't getting anything complaining about it, but it just seems childish.
                            Agreed.

In response I've 5 starred the thread because it deserves to be looked at, if for nothing else than for people to understand that they are not totally powerless to address problems on the server when there isn't an admin in-game.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I'm not sure what people rate it on. I assume it was meant for presentation of the thread, but it seems people abuse that. They rate poorly due to the fact they don't agree with the author in most cases. I'm fed up with it.

*Back on topic*
                              Most of the admins are American and Euro based. And they cant always be up, they have a tough life. However, some have suggested that you look on TS for other admins of other games apparently? Sounds like a good idea.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X