Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fools Road Bridge

Gday all,

Last night during a round of Fool's the russian bridge was destroyed by the enemy, due to the inability to repair the bridge the russian forces lost their abaility to move their assets out.

Should we move back to the old rules for this map??

Cheers
    |TG-Irr| Aus-trooper

Re: Fools Road Bridge

There was some talk about fools road in this post, but nothing about the bridge specifically. Perhaps Disposable will make a clarification on the bridge.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ification.html
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aus-trooper View Post
      Gday all,

Last night during a round of Fool's the russian bridge was destroyed by the enemy, due to the inability to repair the bridge the russian forces lost their abaility to move their assets out.

Should we move back to the old rules for this map??

Cheers
      Well done Chechens! I was sick of getting shot up all round so it serves you Russians right ;) I believe the last clarification was that it can be destroyed but not on a sort of camping basis, as in blow it up and then let the Russians repair it...

Not sure why it could not be repaired, but there is always the option to defend the bridge.

Comment

This topic has been brought up in the admin forums.

Personally, I see it the same as the bridge in Jabal leading from the MEC main to Jabal in .856 where that bridge could not be repaired. The option is to defend the bridge from attack or possibly lose it. I don't have a problem with that, and I don't think we need to create a rule to protect one team from attack by another when they could assign a squad to defend that point.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Did they fix the repair stations so they can repair all destroyable bridges?
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

By the time we ended the map the Russian team had a 30 ticket lead. I am not a big fan of worrying about map balance. There have been loads of complaints how the old barracuda map was too hard for the us to win, or how on the old fools road the rebel team was too overpowered having 2 tanks and the British just apcs.

Despite all the complaints we figured out not to set up in a hotzone in Barracuda and learned that an HAT team on the old fools road map can keep the insurgent armor in check.
            Imagine if the allies would have complained on how bad the German tanks own their tanks.
            Unabalanced maps heavily penalize "lets get random equipment and rush straight for the first objective" players and I loooooooovve that. Except maybe when that player is the pilot inserting my squad :p .

A 3 man squad manning one apc and one soldier on the ground will just have to guard the bridge. Part of the appeal of project reality is that you can take on multiple tasks as opposed to games which are more like call of duty, where you trade an very open gameplay for a fairly linear railroad experience, where you do not have as much liberty, but in return an maximum of effect and flash.
            That means that in PR some players have to take on more boring roles for the team sometimes, which in return makes the times you are in the middle of awesomness more rewarding.

Comment

I was in this round. Just made it across the bridge with a logi truck literally 5 seconds before it blew up. I nearly even ran over the sapper by "accident" *cough*

It is kind of anoying having all that lovely armour hanging around the main unusable but as was allready said: Someone should have to defend it if they wanna keep it.
              Nihility

Comment

There is a healthy discussion in the admin forum about this, but I would expect that there wouldn't be a "rule" laid out on the topic. It is something the Russians should defend against as a matter of course for Fools Road, as it is a well known limitation for them and critical to Russian operations on the map.

As with most things of this nature, it would be difficult to enforce anyway.

The DEVs must have considered this in the map design, as there is no ford near the bridge (like in Quai). Perhaps they assumed the bridge would be safe, at least at the begining, and that the Russians would actively defend it throughout the game since it is so important.

This really highlights the importance of defense - something most people get tired of doing even though it is critical to the team.
                sigpic

Comment

You are still allowed to use a Mortar/Area Attack on the bridge?

I have not been able to play .86 yet, but the main reason I bring up the above question is that several times as CO on .85 on the Chechen side asked SL's to get in visual range of the bridge and ask for a Mortar/Area Attack with the sole purpose of destroying the bridge so logistics trucks cannot cross/forcing the other team to deploy repair stations to fix the bridge/giving the Chechen forces ample time to setup/defend/thwart attacks/take on the offensive.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Personally I don't care one bit whether a rule is made or not. The thing yesterday on cnc night was simply that when the bridge is down... the game is over. So whatever the rule may be, it is best to end the map once the bridge is destroyed. No point in going trough the hour of ensuing confusion about what is allowed and not.

bridge out= chechen win, and on to the next map, is what think is the best way to deal with this. For cnc that is.

Comment

Why do the chechens win by default. It is possible to get three firebases up on the island so they don't necessarily win.

When the round started yesterday I was the russian commander and I did order sq 1 to defend the bridge. But in the end I felt sorry for them having to sit there and be bored so I let them hunt firebases. But then again I left 10-15 minutes after I let them go.
                      If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

No..

What you folks are not realizing is that in .85, even if the bridge was down, the Russians could still get their APCs out.

Now they have just tanks, which can't swim, and the Chechens have the Spandrels.

Now, in .86, if the bridge is destroyed, NO assets can get out of the Russian main whatsoever.

Even if the bridge is destroyed in Jabal, vehicles can still leave (as you can either swim the water with the APCs, and even get trucks to the Dam and beyond via the west side of the map).

- Star

Comment

If the Russians set up an FOB at the intersection of Village, they could not only defend the bridge, but also control the very important crossroads at the Village, the holder of which usually decides the winner of the round, at least in my experience.

There is no excuse to NOT defend the Village, and by default, the bridge. Everybody just gets so in a hurry to run off and die that they forget to give themselves someplace safe to spawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
                            No..

What you folks are not realizing is that in .85, even if the bridge was down, the Russians could still get their APCs out.

Now they have just tanks, which can't swim, and the Chechens have the Spandrels.

Now, in .86, if the bridge is destroyed, NO assets can get out of the Russian main whatsoever.

Even if the bridge is destroyed in Jabal, vehicles can still leave (as you can either swim the water with the APCs, and even get trucks to the Dam and beyond via the west side of the map).

- Star
                            Russia still has APCs that can swim on out, the tanks and supply trucks do get stuck though. The game is still on even if the bridge goes down.

An alternate land bridge out of main to the far west would have been my solution since the Militia would be able to secure and mine/c4 it away form the dome of death. i'm still curious about whether the bridge can be repaired now.
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

That's an excellent place to set up a few foxholes with machines guns facing north and west...
                              |TG-6th|Belhade
                              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X