Command and Control: An Opinion Poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command and Control: An Opinion Poll

As I type, there is a CnC match going on for this Sunday's PW night. I'm curious as to whether the participants enjoyed the experience. Feel free to chime in even if you were not involved in the PW event, explaining your feelings on CnC generally.
    Generally, I enjoy C&C.
    36.21%
    Generally, I enjoy C&C. However I did not enjoy this particular event.
    5.17%
    Generally, I do not enjoy C&C. However I did enjoy this particular event.
    10.34%
    Generally, I do not enjoy C&C.
    48.28%

The poll is expired.

Re: Command and Control: An Opinion Poll

Did not like it at all.

Comment

I found it generally enjoyable, you need to think alot more about attacks and unforutunatley our team seemed a little less on the ball, but we still did ok and i'd like to play it again with a larger starting group, as this may have been the problem. Maybe also on a more even map, i know Qwai nowdays is even at the start, but once one team establishes itself its very hard to push through them.

Comment

I think that if they changed the mode so you bled in different speeds depending on how many FOBs are up it would be more fun. Now, its 4 to 1 or 0 i think? before you bleed at all.
        So say Team 1 has 3 FOBs up and Team 2 has 4 you bleed almost nothing, if Team 1 has 2 and TEam 2 has 4 you bleed at meadium rate and so on.

the games wouldnt be 3-4 hrs long and therefore more enjoyable.

Comment

I'm with Don, having to kill all four enemy bases to get a bleed makes killing FOBs pointless since they can always spawn another before the bleed starts. It's not so much 'control' as 'total domination'.

With some fixing C&C could be the best gamemode.
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

New four forward outpost has made it long and tedious, making it impossible to get the ticket bleed going as you end playing build and rebuild through the countryside of which battlefield you are lucky enough to be awarded with. They may as well called it TDM. Of course, this is my opinion, and doesnt represent the truth, but its my opinion, so you wont change it. Plus the trend seems to be building them round the mains, which makes engaging them a political pain in the ass.

Don seems to have said what I said, he probably types faster
            Last edited by Eavy Gunner; 06-28-2009, 07:07 PM. Reason: Faster typers

Comment

I couldn't really use any of those as a vote, so I didn't. I do like Cnc, but it would be better if it was like what Donhros said in my opinion.

sigpic

Comment

I think C&C is great, but only when planned. Doing it without prior coordination seems to make it less fun and, frankly coordinated. I would be for password night not having C&C unless we do some prior coordination to get teams up and so on.

Maybe we can do a C&C in advance for next weekend. That would be fun. With some prior planning it would be great.
                sigpic

Comment

maybe try that c&c on 1k maps, so there can be a bleed (Sunset City, Ashad Khal, ...).
                  There it is hard to get 4 fb up and defend at least 2.
                  I enjoyed the teamplay every round of C&C but it can be that you dont shoot a sinlge bullet in 1 hour.
                  as above said c&c needs some changes, so that if one side attacks they get a bleeding if they get down a fb.

| | | |

Comment

Not fun at all. People building FBs close to their main, people building FBs in ridiculous places, the fact that it takes a massive amount of time to finish.

I believe I will never play another CnC match again, until they fix it to make it somewhat bearable.

Comment

I really like the idea behind this game type, but it's tough to get a good game going. We played this several months ago on a pw night with strats and everything, and my squad got stuck camping a grove of trees and our fob for two hours. No shots fired for two hours equals not fun.

I wasn't able to participate this weekend, but I hope some of you had a good time.

Comment

CnC has the same flaws as AAS, but to a greater degree:

The incentive to attack is outweighed by the that to conserve resources(tickets/assets)

A solution is to link some sort of more immediate advantage to objectives. Such as tickets(through bleed), assets(littlebird/stryker on korengal).
                        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Personally I didn't like it. I found it boring and the game just dragged on and on.

It was ok for the other side, as they didn't attack, where we did, otherwise both teams would have been defending wholly their FB's. - And attacking fortified positions, where the other team can keep respawning and where they have their rallies to also rely on, is not fun. Maybe it was the team or the squad I was playing in, I don't know, but I found the gameplay irritating. I even tried giving a go of the APC, which I'm more than able (experienced) to do, but my gunner didn't cut it. (He didn't know how to use the zoom or he couldn't see an evident target which had a marker on it)

The next game was good though. (Asad Khal) Managed to get 32 kills with the SAW, that thing kicks butt. :)

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
                          Erwin Rommel

Comment

FB serve no purpose.

There is only 1 bleed and that is if your team had 4 fb and the enemy has 0.

This being the case it is a free form game mode.
                            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                              FB serve no purpose.

There is only 1 bleed and that is if your team had 4 fb and the enemy has 0.

This being the case it is a free form game mode.
                              very true, in fact i think it was you who advised as such a couple weeks ago when i was CO during a cnc round.

I like this game mode, it favors the side that takes the initiative. The fb's are only useful if you for some reason need the razor wire, MG's, AA, or etc to hold a position of strategic importance, such as north or south bridge on Qwai. Otherwise a team during CNC should mostly be on the attack, with at least 2-3 of their firebases undefended and placed at random places on the map. The main objective would then be to locate the enemy and then get your forces to the most advantageous positions to defeat the enemy, giving them the needed assets and support when required. The rest is up to the squad leaders.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X