Greetings TG - Somthing to think about

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings TG - Somthing to think about

I read this many times, as it is what we do here. This is why we have TG.

I would appreciate it, as would the admin staff, that you re-read it again. I highlighted some key words that we should focus on.

Tactical Gamer was founded with a few very simple principles:

1) Create an environment conducive for mature gamers to enjoy the games they play without the everyday interference from the less-than-mature gamers.

2) Create an environment where there was mutual respect for your fellow gamers and where all members would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine, regardless of the level of advantage, if any, it gives over the opposing team.

Read that carefully.

We are not here to game the engine and make points. We are here to play simulation as close as the game engine lets us do it. Understanding that is the key to playnig at TG (does that rhyme?)

I challenge everyone to do this. Being a member here is a privilege, not a right. That is something I learned in the U.S. Army.

TMAN

"Once you get them running, you stay right on top of them, and that way a small force can defeat a large one every time... Only thus can a weaker country cope with a stronger; it must make up in activity what it lacks in strength."

"Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees . . ."

Stonewall Jackson
    Last edited by TMan; 06-30-2009, 06:52 PM.
    sigpic

Re: Greetings TG - Somthing to think about

Well said. Let me also say that if you have a problem with something, please come talk to an admin about it. I don't care what it's about, if you voice your concerns (even if it's Nardini sucks :)) we won't judge and will take everything into account.

You can PM any admin you'd like, find us on TS, Xfire, or the Contact an Admin. Mantis, our resident Game Officer is also available.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Great reminder TMAN, thank you! Realism ftw

Comment

i agree, yesterday i played on archer and suicided around 16 times so my squad could get ammo for ied's.

I'll keep my eyes open to stop myself doing this in future and aim for more reaoistic values.

Comment

Thanks T-man, well said. :row__537: Always nice to get a reminder of the |TG| values.

Comment

With this I would love to see more infantry units using Bradleys and APC's as transport during the mid-later stages of maps. Maps which come to mind are: Kashan, Jabal, Al Kufrah, even Muttrah. Alson Qinling (though this map is a great example of apc's giving infantry transport, but just wanted to put it in here just in case) Maybe even implementing Door Gunners on Blackhawks. - Seriously I know right!?, the gun's are not computer activated by the pilot, and if anything can be used as a great suppression tool

When armor isn't available transport trucks/hummvw's, hummvw's, you would be amazed at how many tickets you can save just by not calling in a helicopter to an area which you request a pickup and not updating the pilot of the area which he is about to fly into.
            Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 07-01-2009, 01:09 PM.
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

+1

Comment

Long Live TG!

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                  With this I would love to see more infantry units using Bradleys and APC's as transport during the mid-later stages of maps. Maps which come to mind are: Kashan, Jabal, Al Kufrah, even Muttrah. Maybe even implementing Door Gunners on Blackhawks.

When armor isn't available transport trucks/hummvw's, hummvw's, you would be amazed at how many tickets you can save just by not calling in a helicopter to an area which you request a pickup and not updating the pilot of the area which he is about to fly into.
                  Door gunners on black hawks are a great idea, as long as you only have one. More than one and you can't fit a full six-man squad, due to the 8-person vehicle limitations in the BF2 Engine.

Nardini: You suck ;)

J/k

- Star

Comment

Today i had a guy called xionaidavid TK me 4 times (all in under 1:30) on the carrier on muttrah because i wouldnt let him into my huey squad.

Then i ordered a guy called avenger something something outa my Bhawk because he wouldnt stop fireing the Mguns on ramiel. His response? To fire an AT round into my windshield.

Bloody arse bandits taking down the realism :(

Luckily cougar and dispo were here to save the server (insta ban baby!!!!)

Funnily enough dispo only responded when i said "!ADMIN Save me dispo!!!!!"

The new Bat signal :D

Thanks again to the admins for upholding the TG way of gameing. Much respect.
                    Ill still frag yer asses given half the chance though :P
                    Nihility

Comment

We would expect nothing less, Soupy. Give no quarter.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Ill be the first to agree that the realistic tatics work less than the
                        run, Jump, prone, shoot". But I would rather die by the hands of a HAT sniping, prone diving sucidal CO truck then sink to that level.
                        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

+1 - I really agree with everything said so far. I just have one question:

Driving people over is not allowed on our server, is it? If not, why is it not allowed? What's so fake about it? I can understand it's to stop people in trucks from driving people over, but in a Technical, Humvee, APC or a even a frigging tank, what's so unrealistic about driving someone over?

Comment

Last time I looked, running people over was allowed, provided you don't go out specifically to do that. Panicking and running over an insurgent with an RPG in the middle of the street is fine, taking a humvee out alone to hunt for road kills is not.
                            | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
                            Charge for the guns' he said:
                            Into the valley of Death
                              Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Oh, I might have misread then. I thought running people over was not allowed at all.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X