Music while gaming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music while gaming?

I hardly ever listen to a CD or any music when I play PR. I have recently started to when flying.

Do you listen to music while gaming PR and if so, what is your favorite?

I listen to Paul Gilbert on a video rotation. This is my favorite:

Gotta love Racer X.

TMAN
    Last edited by Warlab; 11-04-2011, 10:49 PM. Reason: changed bbcode
    sigpic

Re: Music while gaming?

For Playing infantry

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADaCc9jGd4Q[/media]

Techno music helps if you want to shoot strait, just keep in rhythm with the beat and fire after every few notes.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGECJP3phyY[/media]

Good for preflight and anytime you need to be twitchy, anything off alive 2007 will do.

Comment

I don't listen to music. I prefer to hear every sound such as that huey around 900 m away or infantry footsteps 50 meters away :P

Comment

I don't listen to music while gaming. I need to focus on every sound there is, just like fullkontact.

Comment

I want to listen to music but it makes it hard to concerntrate on whats going on and you cant hear either the game or the music. other wise I like wings of a butterfly by H.I.M

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R6-DOXkJ_g[/media]

Comment

I usually don't listen to any music partially because people's mic levels differentiate to the point where I sometimes cant even hear them anymore, but if I'm playing a round in the morning when their isn't a whole lot of communication going on I tend to listen to some Billy Talent III.
            [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ea0C5op5Fo[/media]

Comment

Sometimes I'll quietly stream some classical from my desktop speakers (while listening to game sound on a headset).
              |TG-6th|Belhade
              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I do not listen to music while playing because it would cover up sounds I need to hear in game. However, I thought it would be interesting to share this. While taking a psychology class a couple years ago we somehow got on the subject of how music affects different activities. For example: Listening to different types of music makes you write different feeling stories when given a prompt and a blank sheet. We learned that most music affects what you think, but only one type of music actually measurably improves the speed and accuracy of your thoughts and actions. Short term memory greatly improved. Puzzle solving and typing moderately improved. Moderate term memory slightly improved. That type of music is Classical Baroque. (harpsichord type stuff) Pachebel, Vivaldi, Bach, and Handel are some good composers.

Now you may feel that you are different and some music makes you think faster; you may be right. This is the result of a study subject to the methods of scientific rigor. It measured people as a whole, and therefor is only applicable to a representative aggregate of people. However, if you normally listen to music for a perceived mental boost, I'd recommend this. For me, I believe that any slight advantage listening may give me is outweighed my the opportunity cost of missing any slight sounds in game.

But that's just me!
                |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
                sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
                I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

I always have an assortment of deathmetal going on behind me. I use my onboard soundcard to output on my speakers, and my Audigy 2 for headphones. So I get the best of both worlds, ambient music on one hand when its dead, and i can hear things when the **** kicks up a little!

Recommend everyone to do this, really enhances your computering experience. Rather than listening to music/gamesounds on your speakers or just headphones.

Comment

Originally posted by O=T-M-A-N=O View Post
                    I hardly ever listen to a CD or any music when I play PR. I have recently started to when flying.

Do you listen to music while gaming PR and if so, what is your favorite?

I listen to Paul Gilbert on a video rotation. This is my favorite:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES1RypBww_g&feature=PlayList&p=817AF167CEE BE23D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=0&shuffle= 1094[/media]

Gotta love Racer X.

TMAN
                    You just moved up like 10 notches in my book! Racer X (mostly paul gilbert) is freakin awesome! I have all their albums and most of PGs solo albums. He is a god. And cant forget billy sheehan...man that guy rips on the bass! The vocals of racer x im not a big fan of but the music itself is awesome.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9AvK-Cq_eQ[/media]

^ My fav
                    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Agrees with Ollie.

A veeery small selection as I don't have a favourate (Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain, is my favourate film, if it counts):

But - although both of these are undoubtedly famous in terms of influencing electronic music - in a PR sense can anyone name the map that had music by the second artist as the start menu music (which me roxors! of course :) )? No cheating! :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R-88_b9IPQ&feature=channel_page[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UGhMFwPW-Y&feature=channel_page[/media]

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                        I do not listen to music while playing because it would cover up sounds I need to hear in game. However, I thought it would be interesting to share this. While taking a psychology class a couple years ago we somehow got on the subject of how music affects different activities. For example: Listening to different types of music makes you write different feeling stories when given a prompt and a blank sheet. We learned that most music affects what you think, but only one type of music actually measurably improves the speed and accuracy of your thoughts and actions. Short term memory greatly improved. Puzzle solving and typing moderately improved. Moderate term memory slightly improved. That type of music is Classical Baroque. (harpsichord type stuff) Pachebel, Vivaldi, Bach, and Handel are some good composers.

Now you may feel that you are different and some music makes you think faster; you may be right. This is the result of a study subject to the methods of scientific rigor. It measured people as a whole, and therefor is only applicable to a representative aggregate of people. However, if you normally listen to music for a perceived mental boost, I'd recommend this. For me, I believe that any slight advantage listening may give me is outweighed my the opportunity cost of missing any slight sounds in game.

But that's just me!
                        How about that did the same study many years ago when I was in pschology at U of Akron. Found the music that improves my ability is the classical piano: Chopin, Lizst, Tchiachovsky, Wagner, etc. It is pretty cool, always used it when cramming for a test or exam it really does work.
                        sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

Baroque (specifically Vivaldi) is my favorite. It may not make me appreciably smarter but it does make me feel like an elitist snob. :)
                          |TG-6th|Belhade
                          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

No music here while playing, I have to have all my sounds devoted to my squad so that I can hear what they're saying and coordinate w/ them.

Comment

If I recall correctly, there is a thread about this.

Edit.
                              And there it is!
                              http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...struction.html

There are times it's good to have music. Sniping needs relaxing music imo, so I don't get too trigger happy, and flying needs music that is both calming and highly energetic. Other than that, not much I think needs music.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X