X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGU = Jet Flight Practice

Jet Flight Practice

Ever said to yourself, “dammit if I could only fly”? I crash every time I take off. I hate embarrassing myself when trying to learn to fly.

Then this is the class for you.

Learn the basics of JET flight from people that know how to do it.

I am looking for students that have the basics of flight down, but want to practice and get pointers from people that DO know how to fly.

Date: Saturday, July 18, 2009

Time: 1900 PM (7PM) Central European Time (Germany). That is 1 PM EST USA Time.
    Buffer: Show up 15 minutes early to get set up.
    Location: TGU Channel in TS for communications; a Training Server for play (we will find one if the TG one is not running).

Class: Flight Training for Jets
    Pre-requisites: None.
    Contents: Taxi, takeoff, flight, landing without crashing, strafing, bombing.
    Instructor: Invited guest pilots as I am no good - Havok.
    Number of Students: 4 or so, first come first served up to as many jets as we have to use.

In Game Name:
    How long have you been here at TG?:
    Experience with PR:
    Experience flying jets in PR:
    How sacred are you flying IN GAME:

Miscellaneous Notes:
    1. This is just flight practice, not necessarily “Training”
    2. If TG Training Server is not on PR, we will use someone else’s training server.
    3. Meet in TGU channel on Team Speak.
    4. Sign up in the PR forum, not in the TGU forum.
    sigpic

Re: TGU = Jet Flight Practice

In Game Name: |TG| xx;ebpx
    How long have you been here at TG?: I for the love of me cannot remember
    Experience with PR: Pretty high
    Experience flying jets in PR: Mediocre
    How sacred are you flying IN GAME: Not at all

Comment

fullkontact's in, will fill in the form tonight. At work

Comment

In Game Name: mat552
        How long have you been here at TG?: At least 6 months.
        Experience with PR: Plenty
        Experience flying jets in PR: Pleeenty
        How sacred are you flying IN GAME: I..uh..if you mean "How scared am I of flying in game" Then the answer is not at all.

Comment

In Game Name:|TG-31st| Magnum.P.I.

How long have you been here at TG?: Officially registered Dec 2007, though started playing at TG in May/June of 2007

Experience with PR: Started playing in .4 or .5

Experience flying jets in PR: Flew a few times in .4 (when the A-10 was on Al Basrah and in .5 when the F-18's were on Gulf Of Oman?) and I think in .7 on QinLing and Kashan.

How sacred are you flying IN GAME: Landing is a problem, I could land way back when on Al Basrah, and on the Carrier on the Gulf of Oman map, but I can't now at all. Also I use a keyboard, i have difficulty with the mouse and also am looking for suggestion on what keys to use for the various armaments allowed and other things, targeting, how to properly come in for a gun run etc....
          Basically I am petrified.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Actually, I have dropped out of this, I find that my flying is fine for all of that which will be represented in this training, what I'm after is dogfight training and evasion. So I'll leave my space for somebody else to take

Comment

In Game Name: [PoE2HU][W.U.F]Bufl4x

How long have you been here at TG?: more than a year

Experience with PR: A few months. Mostly infantry but i'm slowly learning choppers.

Experience flying jets in PR: Only on training servers. I can land with the easier jets (froggy, A10) and engage targets as well. Never tried evading enemy fighters and im not familiar with all the weapon systems.

How scared are you flying IN GAME: Flying choppers just makes me a bit nervous but i still love it. I never flown a jet in a live round though but i guess that would be even more pressure.
              sigpic

Comment

In Game Name: |TG-Irr|Havok
                How long have you been here at TG?:Over a year.
                Experience with PR:Since roughly .6
                Experience flying jets in PR:Only on Training servers, can take off and land w/ no problem. Just going in on an attack run is where I screw up.
                How scared are you flying IN GAME:Not scared.

Comment

In Game Name:|TG|csxgamerz
                  How long have you been here at TG?: 1 Year
                  Experience with PR: Started playing in: .6
                  Experience flying jets in PR: Flight Practice on Training servers, flying on servers usually A10 or Frogger. Flown on everymap and have landed on every map. 26-1 best kdr on kashan as A10 but that was because of a crappy opposition.
                  How sacred are you flying IN GAME: I have a belief, that you shouldn't do things you know you aren't leet at in game. There are people who know how to use an asset and won't waste is. Of course you should as a asset user let other have a chance but if you dont know how to land a jet, don't take off in one.. So I can fly, i can kill, but only in a noob environment. Most of my experiences in TG are anything but noob, so I prefer not to fly jets. Its that they seem to be psychic in their jets. the chance that the would fly behind you right when your going to land is just wow. it seems that everytime i am needed to strafe or land, in others words drop below my flying alt, they seem to know to intercept. and when your locked on as in they are behind you.. your pretty much screwed. i would like to learn evasive techniques and propper alt drop for attack methods. but i am comfortable with basic flight.
                  csxgamerz

Comment

Originally posted by fullkontact View Post
                    Actually, I have dropped out of this, I find that my flying is fine for all of that which will be represented in this training, what I'm after is dogfight training and evasion. So I'll leave my space for somebody else to take
                    This for me as well. Open up my spot for someone if I had one.

Comment

Tman if you need another person to teach I am pretty experienced in the basics of flight and making attack runs so PM me if you need help with these classes.
                      |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X