Password Night: Thursday July 16, 2009 a.k.a. "The Cold War 2.0"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Night: Thursday July 16, 2009 a.k.a. "The Cold War 2.0"

I'm surprised no one has started a thread for this yet. For anyone who wasn't there last night, our password night began with a skirmish on Asad Kahl that went as expected: quickly. We then moved on to Barracuda 64 where both teams, realizing that they only had ~20 players, decided to play very defensively. At 1 hour into the map there were only 6 kills (that's combined not per team).

The US eventually captured the 3 initial flags at North Rock, Docks, and Bridge, and waited until its Area Attack was ready. The JDAM dropped, the US stormed the Chinese main... and were repulsed. Shortly thereafter things had devolved into a game of "who can shoot down the invincible Huey" until the US commander decided he wanted to Helidrop 3 squads into the Chinese main simultaneously.

It was as this plan was being prepared that the PLA changed their tact and went on the offensive, forcing the USMC commander to lose his mind. After a change in management for the USMC, both sides got down to some good ol' fashioned fighting, and the rest of the map was decidedly fun.

Kudos to everyone who participated in the Cold War on TG.

DJ

Re: Password Night: Thursday July 16, 2009 a.k.a. "The Cold War 2.0"

Like you said, once things settled down it was great fun (until my damn connection played up again getting DC'd in the middle of a nice little raid behind your lines with a SAW and grenadier).

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoJedi View Post
      It was as this plan was being prepared that the PLA changed their tact and went on the offensive, forcing the USMC commander to lose his mind. After a change in management for the USMC, both sides got down to some good ol' fashioned fighting, and the rest of the map was decidedly fun.
      That initial USMC commander had a loooooong tirade about how the SLs were sabatoging his plan and how TG is out to get him in the official PR forums but unfortunately it got cleaned up :(

I came in at the end, but good lord those attack hueys are tanks!
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Freaking DB

The motorised assults on the flags were a blast.

Confused the hell out of the US the first time
        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Portable.....do u have something u need to, I dont know, get off ur chest?? What is up with the most disturbing sig I have ever seen. +1 for surprise effect.
          sigpic
          I'm Back.

Comment

I always refer to the field dressings as Maxi pads. Hehe!

But something tells me there is more substance behind that sig... or not...

"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him."
            - Sun Tzu

Comment

ohh theres a story

Butt lets keep this on topic
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I lost hot potato...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I had a lot of fun despite having the worst KDR since i first started playing PR. If there is ever a scenario event like this again on Barracuda or Muttrah City, or Jabal, or Kashan I would like to be the CO of the US.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                    I had a lot of fun despite having the worst KDR since i first started playing PR. If there is ever a scenario event like this again on Barracuda or Muttrah City, or Jabal, or Kashan I would like to be the CO of the US.
                    Yes, yes, yes, a million times yes! We have to do a similar strategy on Muttrah V2 with the entire MEC team holed up in the MEC fortress. Granted, the MEC fortress is not as defensible as PLA Missile Silo on Barracuda, and the US have significantly more firepower to direct on to it as well, but it would still be a fun assault.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoJedi View Post
                      Q. F. T.

That first commander... geez.

Well, due to his strange tactic of 'remove all defense' before we were going to attempt a mass fly-in to the missle silo was somewhat useful to bait the PLA team out... Unfortunately, he was going crazier than a bat out of hell and he had to be taken care of... and then he was! Awesome!

So, we took everybody back to the carrier/back into position on the island, and me and Disco started warming up the Attack Choppers. As soon as I was warmed up, I immediately ran a quick-strike on the Bridge area to slow any advance of the PLA team, and left everything clouded in the shrapnel and debris of a hydra missle storm. And then, I did the exact same thing, again.

It was great, we had finally pulled the PLA out of main, then pulled the rug out from under their feet for just a little while. We held North Rock Fortification for a long, long time, but started getting resistance at Docks relatively quickly, so it was our job to make it rain on the PLA's parade... we tried our best, but they were holed up pretty well in the docks so it was hard to really do too much there.

Once we started getting pushed back at North Rock, there were a lot of hydra CAS calls coming in, and we wasted many a Chinese soldier before we had lost the flag, and by that time we had Captured docks back.

At this point we held docks for a while, and I began running firemissions on an AA and Firebase at bridge (I can't tell you how many missles I fired at that AA station, the firebase, and the trucks nearby)... and got quite a few close calls... On one run, the bridge AA had been unmanned, I ran a pass on the firebase itself, then I got a lockon; I flared like a madman, but was taken out by a nice missle shot by Lokka and taken out over the Docks beach-side.

Then, I went commander and helped coordinate CAS attacks and team movement, and as we were about to call in a hydra attack into the bunkers at North Rock, the game ended... I believe it was 80-0, US win.

Serves you right, you hide-in-your-base-for-an-hour sonufaguns!

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart*
                      If there is ever a scenario event like this again on Barracuda or Muttrah City, or Jabal, or Kashan...
                      Agree'd.

I wonder if any guidelines would have to be in place to really encourage that kind of gameplay, because it was slow but once the action started, it was great. I just don't think your average (read: straight out of vanilla karkand) player can stand sitting around on a flag for a straight hour.

Comment

Apparently I missed all the fun parts, cos I joined around when bridge got capped and had to leave shortly after we (US) took North Rock. And since I was a squadleader, I got to listen to the commander a bit. I heard on TS he tried to get someone to laze while sitting in a Huey over the missile silo o.O

I've decided I hate trans Hueys, seeing as I got left behind at least twice on a single map after standing in front of the open door and hitting 'e' at least fifty times without getting in.

...Incidentally, who was in the FAVs that my squad owned southeast of the missile silo? You really should try that again. :D
                        "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

The play was great, once it got going. A lot of come out, come out wherever you are on the messaging. When they came out it was great. I was on US whole time. I guess our first commander had some issues but oh well, we held it together and were very patient.

Good game one and all, is all I can say.
                          sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

I was in a watch tower with 3 other guys when a CAS strike smacked it. One guy gut flung out and incapped while me and the other two went prone. The tower fell apart and i dropped out of the bottom. I survived and healed myself and looked up to see the other two sitting on the foundation laughing. I revived the other guy.

That commander is nutz btw. You should of seen him on Al Kulfra a couple of days O.o.
                            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I cant believed i missed it. Who was the commander?
                              |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X