Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why No Aircraft Maps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why No Aircraft Maps?

    I'm relatively new to |TG|, and I'm wondering why aren't there any maps in the rotation with planes. Just a simple question, thanks. (:

    DeadStick

  • #2
    Re: Why No Aircraft Maps?

    Because there are only two in the whole of PR, and they can get repetitive.


    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Why No Aircraft Maps?

      Don't worry, the maplist is changed pretty often. Those maps will be in there sometime.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Why No Aircraft Maps?

        Try playing on a practice sever. You will have a good time on Quinling or Kashan with out the 20 minute spawns and people will not hate you if you do crash the asset :)

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Why No Aircraft Maps?

          Originally posted by |TG-Irr|Nixon View Post
          Try playing on a practice sever. You will have a good time on Quinling or Kashan with out the 20 minute spawns and people will not hate you if you do crash the asset :)
          I don't really think he was intending on learning how to fly .. more that he knew how and was disappointed that he never gets the chance to because no flying maps are in the rotation ;)

          Just my interpretation though, correct me if I'm wrong, o Dead Stick.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Why No Aircraft Maps?

            Yea, there are only TWO maps in all of PR that include fixed wing aircraft. Kashan Desert 64 layer and Battle for Quinling 64 layer.

            They do make it through the rotation every few weeks, stick around and you're sure to see those great big metal birds doing their thing through the wild blue yonder.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Why No Aircraft Maps?

              I think there was a new map list in the last day or so that was - no plane.

              I am sure it will change soon, don't worry.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Why No Aircraft Maps?

                Even if there is an aircraft map it doesn't qualify as part of the game until the pilot can last in the game for more then 15 mins.

                I noticed on arma you cant fly the plane or heli till you actually gain tickets through doing something useful on the ground. I quite like that because in pr if a pilot crashed he'd have to go and be useful again before having another chance


                If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Why No Aircraft Maps?

                  Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                  Even if there is an aircraft map it doesn't qualify as part of the game until the pilot can last in the game for more then 15 mins.

                  I noticed on arma you cant fly the plane or heli till you actually gain tickets through doing something useful on the ground. I quite like that because in pr if a pilot crashed he'd have to go and be useful again before having another chance
                  Yeah, I'm an experienced pilot. No worries about me practicing on the server and crashing on the runway.

                  I was just asking because when I played on some other servers, a lot of people hated those types of maps because there was asset whoring and a bunch of fights about them. I was wondering if there was no aircraft maps because of that reason.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Why No Aircraft Maps?

                    Originally posted by Dead Stick View Post
                    Yeah, I'm an experienced pilot. No worries about me practicing on the server and crashing on the runway.

                    I was just asking because when I played on some other servers, a lot of people hated those types of maps because there was asset whoring and a bunch of fights about them. I was wondering if there was no aircraft maps because of that reason.
                    The fighting does occasionally happen, but not very often around here. Every time I play a map I usually try doing something different or doing whatever everyone else isn't doing, but I'm not saying I don't enjoy flying.

                    Especially hydra hueys. Love those :D

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Why No Aircraft Maps?

                      I think bad use has a knock on effect where people greatly dislike that map. Its not because the map is crap but the gameplay turns sour when jets dont fly, theres no cas squad and the whole map becomes far too 'big'. It gets boring, Im no fan of kashan but properly done its great.

                      In the same way its harder to screw up an infantry map, no one player or asset has much influence and the gameplay is small and easy

                      Insurgency maps are my favourite especially as insurgent because its very rough and ready or dynamic tactics, bigger maps have more planning and easily fall flat for the reasons above

                      Right now I go play arma instead of kashan, that whole game is giga


                      If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

                      Comment

                      Connect

                      Collapse

                      TeamSpeak 3 Server

                      Collapse

                      Advertisement

                      Collapse

                      Twitter Feed

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X