Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite map in the rotation and WHY?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite map in the rotation and WHY?

I know this could be a complex question. This could be the one that you have the most fun with on average no matter who's playing or this could be a map that has huge fun potential, but only if good people are playing.

Mine would have to be Kashan 64 or Archer. (Am I breaking my own question by posing 2??)

Kashan because I like support roles, (I am a coward) and leading a BH squad with good pilots and SL's that know when and where they should be transported is really fun.

Archer is fun in sort of a niche circumstance in that I like to take a couple guys with me as an insurgent scout and rope up the rocks to castle and take sniper and hat kits. Sometimes I do this the whole map. Also being a member of a good HMV sqd (I suck at SLing these) or Huey trans/supply is great fun.
    |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
    sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
    I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Re: What is your favorite map in the rotation and WHY?

Asad Khal because it relies mostly on infantry

Comment

Ramiel, light APCs and city combat with plenty of statics for varied infantry combat (and insurgency which makes the infantry even more fun!). The choppers allow a little flying without being overpowered and are fun targets for RPGs. I've enjoyed every game on Ramiel on both sides in various positions.
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Kashan 16.....Humvee squads are awesome.
        sigpic
        I'm Back.

Comment

Muttrah, it's a small scale combined arms, with the possibility of Air or mechanized infantry. I do enjoy a game or two of Kashan 32 though, its a nice game of rock paper scissors.

Comment

Muttrah as US , I love amphibious landings and Cas huey strikes. Basrah is nice too.
            Last edited by ollie_fool; 07-20-2009, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Qwai for ... well, you know.

Jabal and Muttrah for LAVs with Mechanized Infantry.

| |

Comment

Probably Jabal. The landscape is so varied and interesting, and even though I'm always afraid they will, the games almost never seem to be reduced to a single chokepoint stalemate kinda thing.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I would have to say my favorite is Kashan, because I just LOVE vehicles (and Quinling has been rarely played until recently, why Muttrah following less than an Inch behind.
                  The beatings will continue untill morale improves.

Comment

Qinling 32 would be the best map on rotation if everyone didn't treat it as a joke or like Qinling 64. It provides excellent mechanized infantry combat and the hill objectives also allow for proper flanking manuevers and a structured defense as the hills are key.

Comment

Operation Ghost Train, Qwai or maybe Korengal, can't decide. Love the jungle sections of OGT, the variety of Qwai and the sheer stand out difference of Korengal.

Despise Kashan, in my personal opinion, the most over-rated, over played, boring map ever made. A playground for assets that in 99% of all games dissolves into a whine fest between 12 year olds over who's got what toy, usually before they go off and lose them. Little or no cover for infantry, borderline prescribed avenues of attack and defense. A good map to log off to.

Comment

Originally posted by google View Post
                        Qinling 32 would be the best map on rotation if everyone didn't treat it as a joke or like Qinling 64. It provides excellent mechanized infantry combat and the hill objectives also allow for proper flanking manuevers and a structured defense as the hills are key.
                        Thank god im not the only one.

Best map in the game right now.
                        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Quinling as a map is awesome, but the flag implementation can make the game fun or not fun depending on which ones are randomly selected.
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Basrah as brits need i say more :)

Comment

Tad Sae, Muttrah City (prefer US side, but i enjoy holing up in a building or the way infantry squads move in conjunction with one another up city streets), Assault on Mestia (defending west objective is as much fun if not more then defending inside the mine on Qwai when the map is in play).

Karbala, and Korengal - both sides though I do get a lot out of Base defense as US, and when need be keeping the stryker inside the base and providing support on Talibano's who think they can creep up and attack the US Main Base.
                              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                              Level I HazMat Technician
                              NYS EMT-B
                              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...