Goodbye?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye?

Well, it's been a long time since I first started playing PR, and it's been about a year since I started playing on TG servers... It's been a good run, from the hectic days of v0.5 muttrah littlebird flippings, to the current day boring 4 hour rounds of Kashan. But I'm going to have to set things down for at least a long while.

I'm going off to Orlando tomorrow, for college, and it will be at least a month before having a new computer (supplied by the college). Even then, it will be a laptop. And, it will be a Mac. So, for a month and likely some time after, I will be completely unable to play BF2.

And then, I'm going to a private, accelerated course, college. So I'll extremely busy. Luckily, it's in the Web Design field, which I have a sponge-like tendency to absorb information from, so it might not be as bad as I think. But even if I am able to absorb all that, it's still going to be hectic and hard to cope with for a bit.

However, I am bringing my BF2 DVD disc with me, and I have done a little bit of googling to figure out that it is possible to run BF2 through Mac OSX, and if I eventually get my hands on a copy of Windows XP, or perhaps even maybe able to use the Windows 7 Release Candidate, to put on a partition of the harddrive and play BF2 through a native Windows setup. I'm not quite sure how well a Macbook Pro will handle playing BF2, and I'm not sure which size I am getting (13" gets a GPU attached to the motherboard, whereas the 15"/17" gets a discrete GPU that would be a lot more likely to handle PR).

So I hope to eventually be able play every now and then, when I have free time, and if my Macbook can handle PR. But for now, goodbye, because it'll be quite a while before I can even think about playing, and I won't be able to play nearly as frequently as I used to. If all else fails, I'll see you guys during breaks.

Until then, goodbye, and have fun.

Re: Goodbye?

Sad to see ya go mate, Good luck with college and hopefuly we'll see you on the server again soon !
    PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

have a good time

Comment

If I was off to college in Florida, I would not be too worried about playing video games thats for sure! Have a great time.

Comment

Good thing about Slovenia is that you can go anywhere within 2 hours.

Well, take care man, hope to see you soon.

Comment

Have a good time dude!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Take care of yourself man. BF will be around, dont worry about it. Put your nose in the books and get your self taken care of.

Comment

Take care and enjoy it!

Comment

college? I thought you were in your mid 20's. Don't worry PR will be here when you are on vacation, and if i can give you any advice, DO NOT GRADUATE. Also check out Rollins College (the girls are hot, the move wild things was filmed there), and also send me a PM a very good friend of mine is a chef at epcot and I can hook you up with possibly some free food, etc.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                    college? I thought you were in your mid 20's. Don't worry PR will be here when you are on vacation, and if i can give you any advice, DO NOT GRADUATE. Also check out Rollins College (the girls are hot, the move wild things was filmed there), and also send me a PM a very good friend of mine is a chef at epcot and I can hook you up with possibly some free food, etc.
                    lol free food ftw

Comment

Enjoy college!

Just for the record, I'm currently playing PR on my laptop and it runs fine... It's not a Mac, it's a Dell, and it's 17', but I bet ya can try and work something over. The only problem I have, of course, is the damn thing overheating and closing the program, but nothing a small bag of ice near the cooler won't do :)

Good luck mate, hope to see ya around!
                      |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Originally posted by joe98 View Post
                        If I was off to college in Florida, I would not be too worried about playing video games thats for sure! Have a great time.
                        Yeah, just got to have a machine that can game.
                        Originally posted by Crombo View Post
                        Take care of yourself man. BF will be around, dont worry about it. Put your nose in the books and get your self taken care of.
                        Yeah. Web Design started as a hobby when my brother started getting interested in it; my father and my brother are and were very computer fluent and it passed on to me.

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                        No, just sound and look like it (been 6'2" since I was about 12, 6"4' now). And your buddy is a chef at epcot? That's pretty cool, do you know what place he works at? (they've got a lot of different places and foods at epcot)

As for not graduating, I'm going to Full Sail Univ, a college that teaches actual things I need to learn as opposed to just giving me the run around, so I'll enjoy my time there and actually get something done while I'm there.

Comment

i wanted to go to full sail but couldn't afford the $120,000 price tag!! good luck i know what kind of hectic lifestyle that they campus lends itself too. congrats and good luck

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

good luck in your new career ( college is like a career and if you treat it as such you'll benefit...)

Wow. .5 and Muttrah....Loved PR in .5. Dem was the days. I loved that Al Basra map. Those were good times.
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by joe98 View Post
                              But alas.. Orlando is not *really* Florida! :D

Although Delta*RandyShugart* is absolutely right about Rollins :D

Welcome to my neck-of-the-woods Celestial1
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...