Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xfire and Project Reality version .86

Hey guys,

Since the new PR came out, they are using the PR.exe again and that has thrown off the Xfire join game feature. After the game loads you get the good ol "Must use PR.exe" error. Ive searched the reality mod forums, and tried putting the PR shortcut as the path in xfire with no success. Has anybody figured out how to make it work with this new version?
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Re: Xfire and Project Reality version .86

yup. i did
    [PRLA] Elemanoel

De la cuna de Fangio

Comment

I would guess you have to modify the xfire_games.ini file. Search for "battlefield 2".

"LauncherDirKey" is the location in the registry where xfire gets the installation folder from and "LauncherExe" is the executable file.
      Just copy and paste the whole bf2 part to the end of the file, change the id number to something different, like 9999 and modify the parts mentioned above.
      You might need to change the "InstallDir" registry key so it points to your PR folder. Do this only if you dont plan to play vBf2. If you do, you just have to change it back to the previous version.

This has worked me for other games that wasn't even supported by xfire so i guess it should work for PR as well.

Oh and don't forget to backup your registry before changing anything!
      sigpic

Comment

If you only play on TG server why do you need the join game feature? :P
        Nihility

Comment

I also have seen players kicked/banned for servers while running fraps or xfire while in game, sometimes "game-hook" comes about from this, I don't use xfire to load games, but i have been with players in squads who have had this happened to them and the result put them on the PBBans list etc.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Xfire shouldn't be the cause of a gamehook PB ban, nor FRAPS as they simply run as overlays. If they use those as an excuse they are lying and it probably means they were running something malicious.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
            In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Originally posted by kittykatnub View Post
              Xfire shouldn't be the cause of a gamehook PB ban, nor FRAPS as they simply run as overlays. If they use those as an excuse they are lying and it probably means they were running something malicious.

I always found the game hook pb infraction interesting, who knows there are those flukes that occur with recording instances.

Back on topic, when you log on to xfire, and when it is loading up "detecting games" just let it detect and run PR from the desktop icon, that could be your best solution, if there is a problem with running xfire and PR, i wouldn't go to overboard last thing you want is a file becoming corrupt.

^ I am only going with my little experience, unfortunately the only good reference tool I can be used for is what not to do, in regards to installing etc, as my experience with technology is well lets just say not the greatest track record.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
              Level I HazMat Technician
              NYS EMT-B
              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                I always found the game hook pb infraction interesting, who knows there are those flukes that occur with recording instances.

Back on topic, when you log on to xfire, and when it is loading up "detecting games" just let it detect and run PR from the desktop icon, that could be your best solution, if there is a problem with running xfire and PR, i wouldn't go to overboard last thing you want is a file becoming corrupt.

^ I am only going with my little experience, unfortunately the only good reference tool I can be used for is what not to do, in regards to installing etc, as my experience with technology is well lets just say not the greatest track record.
                Well, I know for a fact that some hacks have used the hooks that Fraps and Xfire used, so that may be what you're confusing it with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X