Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had a real embarrassing moment?

everyone had one in pr i guess,
    maybe you HAT'd a full friendly truck, flew a full black hawk into a tree or put all your slams on a friendly fire base..like in my case.
    if you want to you can share your moments with us. just looking for some good stories to read :)

i pretty much read the whole manual before playing for the first time.
    Unfortunately i didnt read through the "spec op" section.(started to play at 0.75)
    so i connected to the first server i found. Tactics&Teamwork.
    and of course i wanted the spec op kit. i went through the weapons i had and
    saw those little green thingys called "slams". never heard and i thought i just put one on the fire base near by.. just to see how it works i put the others around the fire base.
    after one minute the firebase blew up and a whole squad that had just spawned in got wasted. I was trying to tell them that i had no idea what a slam was
    but i got banned.

I could have called this thread "my first time in pr", but like its now it just leaves more opportunities.
    |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Re: had a real embarrassing moment?

Bragging about how good my piloting skills are to my squad around a year ago, it was Baraccuda. Loaded up into Huey, no pilots around so I get pilot kit. My squad load up. Engine wasn't warmed, fully loaded huey... up about 2 meters, flipped and landed ONTOP of another fully loaded huey killing pretty much half our team in the progress.

I apologised and left the game in shame. xD

Comment

Once on Kashan I got to gun for a bradley (I think it was my first time ever gunning)
      We went north than west, than south to flank south bunkers
      Then my driver saw a tank east in the mountains and he starts screaming SHOOT THE TOW!!!!!!!SHOOT THE TOW!!!!!!!!!!SHOOT THE TOW!!! and the whole squad is helping him scream
      First I had no idea how to zoom, Second the TOW wasnt selected so its still warming up
      The tank moved and of course i fired the TOW into the mountains

And same as fullkontakct I apologised and left the game in shame.

Comment

I had one that wasnt really my fault, and I suppose wasnt too embarassing for me, but it did get caught on video at some point. used to be on the forums here somewhere, but i'm not sure where it got off to.

anyway, it was on kashan, circa 0.6 when kashan was first introduced. i was on the ridgeline east of the bunker complex with at HAT kit. I had been the medic for my squad, but a sniper had taken everyone else out and I was stuck "saving" the HAT for my squad's return. about this point in time, a mec tank came rolling in along the outer edge of the bunkers, making for an irresistible shot. so I line up, settle, fire and die instantly.

as i'm sitting there wondering what the hell just happened, one of my squaddies informed me of what happened. apparently, just as I fired, a blackhawk came rolling over my head at 0 range (whoever was flying was seriously close to the ground). the HAT rocket smashed right into the front of the blackhawk at point blank range, killing all 5 people on board and myself from the splash damage.

i didnt particularly care that I got a bunch of TKs from it, since it was a complete freak accident. what irked me was that the guy who was driving the tank wound up going like 47-1 for the round, all of the kills being on troops at the bunker complex, which I was trying to prevent in the first place.

you want to hear about embarassing though, ask marine about trying to kill my driverless and tracked tank with an a-10 on a straight in strafing run and taking a shell in the face. :D

Comment

Oww yeah really recently. During the roll out of the Scrim on the 19th I was inside a BMP heading for South Bunkers. I was ordered to take a H-AT, sitting in the back I was typing and accidently hit the "E" button. Lost the H-AT.......

Second 1.5 hours later I was telling the people in my squad how I met Dornhos from the 6th and how nice he was. When I said something like: It was really nice to meet new people like this, I never would have met him otherwise. Well I used the teamchat instead of squad chat so that part of the conversation was really pulled out of context in the most obvious way ofcourse!

Lots more, but i'm not gonna spill it all in one time!

Sap

Comment

on archer i once lost both the HAT kits to the insurgents and they then used them to baserape us XD

Comment

I did Push ''e'' by accident when in a jet while strafing, my body landed on top of that tank as a bomb should any everybody laughed at me .

Maybe chat logs are even better : I once typed in all chat : ''Just sex, right here'', when I should type ''Just a sec, wait right here'', and yes sometimes when lagging you miss the whole words...
              Once again explaining myself to others didn't work:icon19:

Comment

Originally posted by orpal View Post
                i did push ''e'' by accident when in a jet while strafing, my body landed on top of that tank as a bomb should any everybody laughed at me .

Maybe chat logs are even better : I once typed in all chat : ''just sex, right here'', when i should type ''just a sec, wait right here'', and yes sometimes when lagging you miss the whole words...
                Once again explaining myself to others didn't work:icon19:
                LOL!!!!!!!1
                I still dont get how can u misspell that

Comment

"x" and "c" are right next to each other. I've made similar mistakes. They are a bit embarrassing.
                  My turn. 1 instance has come to mind although there are tons. You that have gamed with me know how "trigger happy" I am. I was gunning a tank in Kashan with a fellow XV'er, when we pulled into one of the mountain crevices to repair our tank. Some friendly infantry were swarming about. Next thing I see, 10 meters right in front of me, a tank crest the horizon. I waited for a Blue name to appear, never saw one, so trigger-happy me shot him. I do believe it was Namebot. He was a friendly. It was a 1 shot 2 kill kinda thing. Was quite embarrassed for looking like a noob. But in all honesty, I am a 2.5 year noob veteran.
                  sigpic
                  I'm Back.

Comment

Well I'll go again; Actually a real life situation.

Little Sap was 16 years old and was about to enter a volleybal game for the first time on a national level. I was so nervous that I really didn't pay any attention during the tactics briefing of my coach. I was only focussed on getting dressed and not getting more nervous than I already was.

So I entered the sporting hall to begin my warm-up, but everybody was looking at me and kinda laughing. I thought (naive as I was) that it was because I was new. But NO I forgot to put on my shorts, so I was doing the warm-up in my underwear, which were not too flattering to say the least infront of a hundred supporters.

Didn't play that match. :)

Comment

Originally posted by RememberTheAlamo View Post
                      And same as fullkontakct I apologised and left the game in shame.
                      lol. There is no shame like the shame you feel on the TG server when you do something stupid like a mass teamkill from an inadvertent grenade or something similar. You want to crawl into a cave till you think of a lame excuse for why it happened like, "I just reinstalled PR and forgot to remap my keys, sorry guys."
                      |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

As SL on Korengal I took one of my squad mates suggestions to rope up the SW rock face to outpost. We kept silent the whole approach using a nearby squads gunfire to cover the sound of our rope and we were all crouched on the ledge. I peeked for the enemy locations and then I ordered the riflemen to prep grenades and throw on my count.

Unfortunately I had played a little CS with a friend earlier in the evening so I held left mouse to prime the grenade instead of right click. As I was crouched behind the wall and looking directly at it so I could stand and throw the grenade the grenade was automatically thrown and bounced right back at my feet. My squad thought we were found out so they threw and assaulted and they cleared the area. I admitted my error, was revived and then immediately shot by the one hiding BluFor. Had to respawn and spend 5 minutes walking back to join my much more effective squad in the newly captured Outpost.
                        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

bout a week ago: "I'm much better with lynx's on Qinling after a long training session." After 4 successful trans missions and now dusting off with the 5th (full sqd): "I'm so glad I'm finally getting the hang of the lynx, doing trans on this map has been rea... **DEAD** WHAT HIT US??" "You hit a tree..."

don't remember if I rage quit or not.
                          |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
                          sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
                          I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

Flipped a tank.

Comment

Defending the tunnel on Supplys, Barracuda, threw a bad nade which killed everyone defending (4 guys) except for me, then tried to pick up one of their medic kits to revive and got insta killed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X