Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future event ideas

1. Scrim with an extra rule
    - At the end of the round, each team is given x tickets for each flag they hold

A common complaint about scrims is that people get bored. PR gives virtually no incentive to attack, so when played intelligently, neither team will attack. Allowing and encouraging caution is good, but having no gain from attacking is not.

This rule gives a reason to attack, but without supporting tard rushing (as bleeds do) - teams have all round to make their attacks, and the limited ticket gains makes it important to succeed when you do attack, requiring planning and multiple squad cooperation.

With the right ticket reward, I think it would greatly improve a scrim.

2. Mumble night

Run it like a password night with the added requirement of mumble

Would be great to use mumble at it's full potential on TG, and the PW night environment should keep people happy regarding spamming.

Re: Future event ideas

Moar zombie events!

Comment

Mumble Night is high on my to do list.
      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I would participate in the mumble night for sure. Just add the tickets on for yourself at the end of a round, Sandi. I don't think anybody will give you any hassle for that.

Comment

Originally posted by =KOF=CR8Z View Post
          I would participate in the mumble night for sure. Just add the tickets on for yourself at the end of a round, Sandi. I don't think anybody will give you any hassle for that.
          Adding tickets in my own mind wouldn't change how the game would be played in any way.

It's an idea relevant to the whole of PR, but in public games people are like moths flying towards lights, they don't need any incentive. In scrims teams play to win, the problem is winning involves alot of waiting, and the winner is often simply who can wait longest.

If it being integrated with PR was important, I could have a go at it in a mini server side mod (Would we be allowed to do this? I think we would with the server passworded)

Comment

I think his attempt is not to change the ticket count at the end of the round, but to change the gameplay due to the way people perceive the value of objectives.

As it stands currently most maps in PR have 2 objectives:

1.Destroy the enemy(personnel and assets)

2.Hold flags(to cause/prevent bleed)

Some maps allow a better chance to achieve bleed than others due to # of flags and placement in conjunction with terrain, but generally destroying the enemy is how the game is won between evenly matched teams. Even the maps where obtaining bleed is more possible, it basically a all or nothing type of bleed(tad sae, OGT).

There needs to be some sort of reward for taking mid ground flags other than an opportunity to take another flag. A multiple flag in play with each one representing a different advantage for your team or denying an advantage to the enemy team.

Example:

-the front flag on kozelsk could control spawn of the Russian tanks

-controlling both bunkers on kashan could create a slow(key word is slow here, not 1+ ticket a second) bleed

So basically I am saying that its a nice idea but I don't think people will change their gameplay for a artificial ticket bonus at the end of the round.(EDIT:if you edit it in perhaps)

Does anyone have trouble running mumble with PR at the same time?
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
              There needs to be some sort of reward for taking mid ground flags other than an opportunity to take another flag. A multiple flag in play with each one representing a different advantage for your team or denying an advantage to the enemy team.

Example:

-the front flag on kozelsk could control spawn of the Russian tanks

-controlling both bunkers on kashan could create a slow(key word is slow here, not 1+ ticket a second) bleed
              Both of these give you an advantage while you hold it, encouraging you to take it as quickly as possible. The primary difference with my idea is it's not linked to time - 1 flag = x tickets, whether you take it after 10 mins or 2 hours. It would also be simple to implement, without requiring map edits.

So basically I am saying that its a nice idea but I don't think people will change their gameplay for a artificial ticket bonus at the end of the round.(EDIT:if you edit it in perhaps)
              In a pub game, no. I'm suggesting this for a scrim (where people actually think about the best way to win), I don't see why it wouldn't work, though it might feel slightly "tacked on".

I think it'd be easy enough to add it ingame with python - when a flag changes hands shift some tickets around - aslong as you guys can implement the change. I'd think it would require adding a file and restarting, i'd also have to find a way to test it, maybe PRSP.

Comment

Perhaps capping a flag would cause the team that was pushed out a loss in tickets similar to an asset being destroyed, ie. losing a flag means losing 5 tix. That would give an advantage to attacking a flag and also help encourage defense so as not to trade off on a flag 5-6 times in the course of a map, burning up tickets like mad.
                |TG-6th|Belhade
                "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

How about tournaments? It would be like an elimination bracket. We could do this for tanks, choppers, jets, APCs, squads of infantry, maybe even knife fights :p, etc. This could even help people that aren't as experienced with different types of assets. For example, let's say two people want to fly a chopper, even though they both don't have any experience. They could do it, and they wouldn't be hurting anyone by playing in the tournament. Not to mention, we would all meet and get to know people better.

Comment

I think sandiford's end-of-game flag bonus is freakin brilliant, and should definitely be implemented. None of the other suggestions I've seen so far improve on it.

I think it's the best way of controlling the pace of the game, AND the most realistic way to grant bonuses.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Does anyone have trouble running mumble with PR at the same time?
                      At first no, but now it seems to conflict with my PR. I will have to try it again.
                      sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't mind a Mumble night. As for the flag thing,...Everyime one of your flags falls into enemy hands, (completely capped, not neutral) you lose 20 tickets. I feel it's a fair trade, and it improves the incentive to attack.

Comment

The points for flag capping don't work well since a trade of flags makes the game go by really fast without actually making the holding of flags important. What I would like to see is a bleed delay on the mid flags to reward the team that holds the middle ground.

So for example on Kashan if one team hold both bunkers for 30+ minutes then the other team starts a slow bleed. Village would start an additional slow bleed after a short period, and outpost an even larger one once it is capped (since MEC now hold the map). If the flags are traded quickly then neither team bleeds because one doesn't hold dominance.

This would also reward a slow push for flags as opposed to a zerg rush to cap out the main once the flags start falling since they have a short time to take them back. This would also prevent the team with less tickets from going into an all out defense which is the current smart tactic.

Something needs to encourage a little aggression as everything is currently aimed at defense.

Edit: On the PR forums: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...ml#post1092228
                          Woot suggestion of the month ;) http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...ml#post1092293
                          Last edited by snooggums; 07-23-2009, 04:00 PM.
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Mumble night would be awesome

Maybe a jet or helicoper race?

Comment

Originally posted by RememberTheAlamo View Post
                              Mumble night would be awesome

Maybe a jet or helicoper race?
                              Motorcycle/ATV races on Kashan! I wish there was a PR version of Battleracer.
                              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X