Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combined Arms 0.995

Originally posted by CAS_117
    Hello once again. We are in the final days before CA 1.0 is released, and in order to ensure stability we are releasing another public stress test. To do this we need a large number of player on the server.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD COMBINED ARMS 0.995

If this link gives trouble I will upload to filefront or another host.

The test will be scheduled on Friday and Saturday at 14:00:00 (2 pm) Eastern Standard Time

The reason we are allowing for more time in between the release and the test is because I want to give the server admins time to install.

Please include in your replies whether you can in fact make those times. If you cannot then we will move it.

You can see footage of our beta tests over the last few months.(Thank you reedible).

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZmV0eeIOhs&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Erealit ymod%2Ecom%2Fforum%2Ff10%2Dpr%2Dgeneral%2Ddiscussi on%2F64486%2Dcombined%2Darms%2D0%2D995%2Dstress%2D test%2Djuly%2D31%2Daugust%2D1%2Da%2Ehtml&feature=p layer_embedded[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M85myxdh7nw&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Erealit ymod%2Ecom%2Fforum%2Ff10%2Dpr%2Dgeneral%2Ddiscussi on%2F64486%2Dcombined%2Darms%2D0%2D995%2Dstress%2D test%2Djuly%2D31%2Daugust%2D1%2Da%2Ehtml&feature=p layer_embedded[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbNm3HLtd9A&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Erealit ymod%2Ecom%2Fforum%2Ff10%2Dpr%2Dgeneral%2Ddiscussi on%2F64486%2Dcombined%2Darms%2D0%2D995%2Dstress%2D test%2Djuly%2D31%2Daugust%2D1%2Da%2Ehtml&feature=p layer_embedded[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL51TRG3Y3s&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Erealit ymod%2Ecom%2Fforum%2Ff10%2Dpr%2Dgeneral%2Ddiscussi on%2F64486%2Dcombined%2Darms%2D0%2D995%2Dstress%2D test%2Djuly%2D31%2Daugust%2D1%2Da%2Ehtml&feature=p layer_embedded[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4mS30BSjvA&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Erealit ymod%2Ecom%2Fforum%2Ff10%2Dpr%2Dgeneral%2Ddiscussi on%2F64486%2Dcombined%2Darms%2D0%2D995%2Dstress%2D test%2Djuly%2D31%2Daugust%2D1%2Da%2Ehtml&feature=p layer_embedded[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wifA8wweuH4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Erealit ymod%2Ecom%2Fforum%2Ff10%2Dpr%2Dgeneral%2Ddiscussi on%2F64486%2Dcombined%2Darms%2D0%2D995%2Dstress%2D test%2Djuly%2D31%2Daugust%2D1%2Da%2Ehtml&feature=p layer_embedded[/media]

Combined Arms Home:

combinedarms.myfreeforum.org :: Index

Found a bug? Let us know.

combinedarms.myfreeforum.org :: Bug Reports

FAQ:

What is combined Arms?

Combined Arms is an addon for Project Reality which is designed to test various gameplay concepts to be later implemented in PR. Whatever works may eventually be seen in future releases, whatever doesn't will remain in Combined Arms.

Why can't I sprint? Why does the soldier feel like he's skating?

Unfortunately, in BF2 you cannot change the speed of a particular stance or the speed you move when you are aiming. This means that we must increase all speeds in all stances. You are moving about 2/3 the speed of the sprinting soldier in PR, except now you move this speed all the time. The good news is that this means that all other stances are now much faster, including when your scope is raised. The other problem is that soldiers in BF2 can turn instantly at any speed. Some scaling back was necessary.

As for the acceleration/deceleration, a human won't reach full speed until approximately 21 strides. If you can think back to playing "British Bulldog" in Elementary school, you may recall impacting the wall on the other side of the Gymnasium a few times. This is slightly exaggerated in CA because we take the addition mass of a soldier's kits into account.

That was a long answer.

Yes it was.

What's up with the scopes?

Again this is for CQB. In reality your gun can be raised to your shoulder, but you don't have to close one eye and peer down the sights. This is about as close as we can get without re-animating/remodeling any weapons. Yes, we are just that lazy.

What is with all the psychedelic inversion happening on all the vehicles? Why is my sight jumping onto random targets?

In CA, armor has their FCS represented by making the shells slightly homing. This allows you to attack enemy vehicles while moving. We also have our cheap IR representation on most of them. Its not actual FLIR but simply inverted light.

So like an aimbot?

Yes more or less. This won't necessarily guarantee a hit however.

I move my mouse but the turrets don't move.

Turrets in vehicles are now operated with the WASD controls.

How do choppers and jets work?

Most AGMs and LGBs will have either "Area" Tracking or "Point" tracking.

Area: Are guided by clicking on the target you want to attack.

Point: Will track a point of heat or a laser emitted by a ground vehicle. It will begin tracking and all you need to do is release.

Allright but whats all these black screens that show up with random lines and numbers?

You have most likely found the radar system. This gives a long range view of a target. In CA we have an Air to Air radar, and an Air to Ground radar. AA radar tracks aircraft, and AG radar tracks ground vehicles.

In Aircraft: The AA radar is oriented forward. The AG radar is facing downward.

On the Tunguska: The Radar is facing downwards. Place the target in the crosshairs to attack it.

On the Phalanx CWIS: Same as jets, simply point and shoot.

I have another question not addressed here

Comment here.
    I have been trying this mod for a mod out and one of the major disadvantages with testing is we can never get alot of players on at once. This is where I think TG can help. So if you are interested in some of the things mentioned in the thread please download it and try it out. Combined arms is mostly a mod for vehicles, but there have been changes and are plans for changes to infantry. Before you judge this as just a vehicle whore or pilot whore mod that makes it easier for assets to kill things please try it out and see for yourself.

I personally like some of the things and think they should go in PR, and that they wouldn't make an imbalance in the power like the FLIR, new HUDs, or the way you guide missles in with the attack helicopters. Some other things in combined arms are questionable if they should go into PR. Combined arms has already given PR hydra deviation and it could give PR many more things if there were people to help test.
    |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Re: Combined Arms 0.995

Some of the stuff in CA is bloomin awesome, some is debatable and some will get in to PR over my dead body :D

but its a good laugh in any case!

Comment

How large is the file? I'm on my iPhone.

Has the PR Dev community endorsed this?
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

CAS_117, retired PR developer, began working on Combined Arms due to creative differences due to his opinions on how aircraft should be portrayed in the game.

Or, at least, that's the rumor that was spread.

So he's worked on Combined Arms, focusing on giving the most 'realistic' abilities possible to pretty much everything he can.

Currently, it just got updated to 0.995 and has carrier catapults (to allow a jet to take off within 20m of space or less from a carrier), an altered version of Muttrah, a true 'aircraft carrier' is WIP and visible on Seethed Waters (Wake Island, with a new name and lots of assets to play with), and blood 'puffs' from soldiers put in (I believe they tried to make it a tiny bit less visible, so that it's not the gigantic puff it used to be, and more like a little splurt carried with the bullet...

Other than that, some important things about the mod (that I can think of off the top of my head)

-Infantry no longer have sprint (see first post in thread in regards to Why Can't I Sprint?)
        -Realistic Ballistics are implemented, instead of deviation.
        -All (?) Land and Air Vehicles now have Fire Control Systems (FCS) that allow the crosshair to 'lock on' to a target, to allow firing on the move (however, it's not always guaranteed that you will hit)
        -Turrets now controlled with the WASD keys
        -FLIR and DAY views are available to gunner and driver of tank
        -AA vehicles also have a FCS, however, it is a bit different: Instead of the usual 'lock and fire' missles and manually aimed guns, there are now FCS for the guns on AA (Works like a normal lock, and when firing the bullets will fire in the direction of the crosshair lock), and a different HUD entirely which makes AA gunning very unique.
        -Many new HUDs for vehicles
        -Jets now meant to be flown by joystick (keyboard can work too, though), and the mouse is to be used for guided munitions, allowing pilots to fly steady and deliver their own payload without a need for a lase (Also has an FCS, to make it easier to hit the target you want to hit, instead of the patch of ground 10 feet from it)
        -Radars allow you to 'spot' targets (used by switching weapons until you reach the radar screen), that you might not see otherwise.

A lot of cool stuff like that, and more.

Comment

The file is 400 mb and the DEVs have given them permission to use PR things if that is what you mean. BY letting the CA team do this I think that the DEVs are allowed to use things developed for CA.
          |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

The gunsights on the choppers and flir on the tanks are a VAST improvement on the sights in PR. I must say that it looks promising. Is there any 1P capability so that we can check out the mod without having to start or join a dedicated server somewhere?

Comment

" The gunsights on the choppers and flir on the tanks are a VAST improvement on the sights in PR. I must say that it looks promising. Is there any 1P capability so that we can check out the mod without having to start or join a dedicated server somewhere? "

just LAN, like mainstream PR there is not SP out of the box

Comment

well with PR, there is the ability to run training servers just to toy around on, which is more of what I was referring to, not player vs AI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                  well with PR, there is the ability to run training servers just to toy around on, which is more of what I was referring to, not player vs AI.
                  Well, none of the servers are really geared toward actually having a proper round like PR servers are.

In a way, all of the servers are testing servers, and if you were to just go on and fly about it's not likely anyone is going to get all flustered about it.

Comment

At the very least, the new helicopter HUDs and handling, as well as the new flares, are absolutely amazing.
                    Its only like 400mb, so if you have the spare download, at least give it a try, it's pretty win.

Comment

yeah, i tried it out and found something funny. apparently, if you crash an a-10, you die, but the plane does not. i ran the desert rats map, crashed an a-10 into the us armor area, respawned there and jumped in a tank. I then spent the next 5 minutes watching the plane bounce and flip across the map, laughing hysterically.

Comment

Lol never had that happen. I would say that has to go in the bugs section.
                        |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

It's the wreck that is bouncing around. The wreck model looks almost exactly the same as the nonwreck model. Eventually it stops bouncing around, though that could take a while, but it is cool to actually see fixed-wing aircraft wrecks on the ground.
                          Reedible

Comment

Id be up for this (i have the last release of CAS.....but only managed to find people to play with once) except it will be 5am thursday night when ye are playing. Ill allready be burnt out from gaming and wont be able to use VOIP :(

Maybe if others want to organize our own game? Euro friendly?

The planes kick ass, never got to fly an atk chopper. Wasnt impressed with the way the Bhawk handled....too much like regular BF2.
                            Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X