Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G3: Why you like it, Why you hate it. Or imbetween.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G3: Why you like it, Why you hate it. Or imbetween.

The G3 is somewhat a clumsy weapon in PR. But it's dead accurate and does increased damage versus the opposing USMC and US army standard assault rifles. Although it has increased recoil.

I don't know how to make polls. Even though it's probably staring at me as I type. Just write in this format:

What do you like about the G3?
    .. ..
    What do you not like about the G3?

.... .....

What notable experiences have you had in the past with the G3, good or bad?

.... ....... ..
    ..... ............... ....

For example, here is what I would present:
    What do I like about the G3?
    It's accurate at close and mid distance, the iron sights are easy to aim.
    What do I not like about the G3?
    The scoped sights are small and hard to aim with. The recoil is hard to control as full auto. It has a smaller clip compared to other standard assault rifles (20 round mag).
    What notable experience(s) have you had in the past with the G3, good or bad?
    I once lined up to shoot a target 20m away with the scoped G3, fired in bursts but couldn't seem to score a hit. I was reloading when the target turned around, lined up his M4, and killed me within 3 seconds on the 2nd shot.

On 1 of the Australian servers I would be able to control the recoil, but on TG I seem to get a rubber-banding effect when I attempt to autofire and hold down the mouse to reduce recoil. That's why I don't like it for the recoil, even though it isn't the actual weapon.
    I find the recoil unbearable in scoped, even in single shot, despite whatever ping I had.

sigpic

Re: G3: Why you like it, Why you hate it. Or imbetween.

Im a G3 lover. Allways have been, even before PR....theres just something about the look of it.

I own an airsoft G3A3 and a highly modified G3SG1, the latter being my pride and joy!

I have found the PR G3 to be rather clumsy in CQB, but it outshines the US weapons at any other range.
    Nihility

Comment

I can never shoulder the gun and squeeze of rounds in a short period of time like I can with the m4 or m16. And when on Muttrah it makes me want to throw my monitor out the window when you turn a corner have enemy there and try your best to make the shots count and they all go over their shoulders, between their legs or hit a team mate in the head 100 yards down the street. The bullets WILL NEVER HIT YOUR TARGET.
      sigpic

Comment

What do you like about the G3? It has a nice sound effect

* Clunky scope which tells the bullet to land everywhere but the crosshair
        *Slow rate of fire
        *Ugly reload animation
        *Scoped version useless other than long range or point blank. Even then, the M4/16 wins because of the higher rate of fire.
        *Atrocious recoil, which shouldn't even be there.

Bravo to the ones who are good with the weapon, but these are its flaws in my opinion. Except for the ugly reload. Everyone know it's a fact ;)
        Last edited by Axis_Sniper; 07-28-2009, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Its suppressive abilities are much diminished by its recoil, but I love it for its killing power.

Comment

What I like about the G3
            • Power of the 7.62

What I don't like about the G3
            • The heavy recoil/muzzle climb
            • Slow rate of fire
            • Automatic fire mod is useless
            • It is no more accurate than the AR-15s, QBZs, L85s, etc. Deviation is the same.
            • Ugly optical sight
            • Long length
            • Related to high muzzle climb- useless for suppressive fire
            • Getting a second shot on after the first takes much more time than other platforms
            • Less ammunition per mag
            • Ugly
            Waldo II

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
              What I like about the G3
              • Power of the 7.62

What I don't like about the G3
              • The heavy recoil/muzzle climb
              • Slow rate of fire
              • Automatic fire mod is useless
              • It is no more accurate than the AR-15s, QBZs, L85s, etc. Deviation is the same.
              • Ugly optical sight
              • Long length
              • Related to high muzzle climb- useless for suppressive fire
              • Getting a second shot on after the first takes much more time than other platforms
              • Less ammunition per mag
              • Ugly
              x2

Personally, give me and AK or a M4 with Aimpoint and I'm set, specially in CQB. The only thing that makes me happy when I'm MEC is that I know if I hit the mofo once, if he ain't dead he's pretty close to it. :p

Huwah...
              |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Said it before, L85 ftw. I used to love the G3 back in the day on helmand. To me it just feels so super unrealistic, the recoil is extraordinary now, and with the deviation stuff we already have to deal with you are boned in a firefight. Get rid of deviation and reward those of us who can shoot straight and I would love it again!

Comment

"Get rid of deviation and reward those of us who can shoot straight and I would love it again! "

I'm happy with the deviation as I think it adequately represents what it set out to

but if ballistics seen in Combined arms get in to PR, then it would be excellent for it to be reduced since bullet dropped will be realsitically reflected

Comment

What do you like about the G3?
                    acurate at long range and love the scope sights

IT KICKS LIKE BUGGER!!!! you cant fire in quick succestion without the bullets coming out of the barrel and then making a 90.degree turn this includes auto even if you stick it where the sun dont shine some how it will still miss...

What notable experiences have you had in the past with the G3, good or bad?

^need i say more....

Comment

Used to love the 0.756 version of the G3, always picking one up off fallen enemies, now I detest it.

What I like about the G3.

Almost nothing other than the fact that people shot with the G3 stay shot!

What I dislike.

Preposterous recoil, I appreciate they have tried to balance the power of the 7.62 vs the 5.56 but it's way, way overdone.

Inability to fire quick single shots accurately.

Appalling on full auto, even when using very controlled burst, watch a round of Asad Khal and see how many MEC are running around shooting at the floor because of the unrealistic ride up of the gun. It's like they hate shoes or something.

I also get a lot of scope lag with the G3 and sometimes I can't even see my target or the general area after firing a single shot whilst scoped in, the gun bucks skyward like a mule. Don't know if this is a lag issue or my resolution, i.e. 1900 by 1200 on 24". Have no idea why it is so bad sometimes.

Have to switch to iron sights a lot of the time as I simply cannot accurately fire successive rounds with a scope when the lag is playing up. Along with the nerfing of the L85 in this version I feel this is one of the weapons the Dev's have got seriously wrong.

The G3 is ok at long ranges if you have time to control the enviroment, i.e. you are defending, perhaps have the high ground etc otherwise you are generally going to get 'done over' by a player with similar ability.

Personally they either need to fix the recoil and scoping problems or switch to the HK53 or some other rifle. The G3 is already balanced to some degree towards the smaller calibre assault rifles by having the 20 round mag. So why not have greater recoil then the 5.56, just nowhere near what it is now.

I generally dread having to play MEC now and if it's laggy will often just log off. These days I'd much rather have an AK74, QBZ, L85, M16/M4 or errr a musket than the G3. Ironic really as H&K make some of the finest weapons in the world.

Comment

G3 not as good as the G4.

G4 has Munn and Webb....
                        ;)

|

Comment

What was the discussion about again??

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Like:

Big bullet. Stopping power.

Dislike:

Harder to use in CQB situations. Notice I said harder and not impossible. I'm quite good with it in CQB. Bastards ;)

| |

Comment

I love it!

The power, it's more powerful than any of the other rifles I find. Granted it takes a bit of used to for the scope and it seems to have a much quicker bullet drop. But once you've mastered the scope it's epic. Great in all situations, the G3 can be used from 50 meters above. Close quarters can be a bit of a hassel to get used to and the MP5 is better :P

In all, love the G3 and it will love you back :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X