Sunday PW / retro night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sunday PW / retro night

Wasnt too impressed on Op Pheonix when we got down to our last flag and a SAW set up like 10 feet behind our spawn area (behind the fence)....i mean.....its not against the rules....but seriously?
    Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by google View Post
      Doing that sort of thing on a pw night is disgusting for a regular, really
      Yeah, seeing that sort of play is disheartening, but gameplay probably wouldn't have devolved to that level, if the matches had been balanced up. I'm not trying to point fingers. I merely want to make a suggestion for next time. I mean, I understand why you guys wanted to play together, but we were really getting killed out there. More competition means more fun for everyone, and that is what community events are for, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
        Wasnt too impressed on Op Pheonix when we got down to our last flag and a SAW set up like 10 feet behind our spawn area (behind the fence)....i mean.....its not against the rules....but seriously?
        LOL

Was he just supposed to let you guys spot at will? After we raided you Tree House, it was more than fair game...
        |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by google View Post
          Doing that sort of thing on a pw night is disgusting for a regular, really
          I am just thankful it wasn't me then, considering I was sticking to all the rules. Anyone that played the map can of course check who it was if you are that sore about it. I don't even know if it was a regular, alot of players that never saw these maps were on - but more to the point, for sure it had that vanilla flavour people are also talking about, good or bad; you wont see my name on any infraction or any ungentlemanly play.

Furthermore, since I SL'd two of the four maps I played, I made it clear I wanted the same from my members: no infractions or ungentlemanly play - as well as have fun. I believe they would attest to this. These squads I SL'd were mostly made up of players who had never seen these maps and so it was even more imperative to make that clarity as they saw the free-for-all begin.

Just trying to put a view across of why other people would without jumping down their throats.

:)

As for the old Pheonix last spawn, this was why the map was removed. It was Retro night after all. So I just got killed once on it. Went 'oh yeah, I remember', and didn't spawn on it again (killed a guy though on that one spawn) and moved on, for more fun on the next map.
          Last edited by Taip3n; 08-05-2009, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TurkishDelight View Post
            LOL

Was he just supposed to let you guys spot at will? After we raided you Tree House, it was more than fair game...
            Its more of a map problem that 90% of mec spawn at one point on that map, but it was still very unsportsman like. Its against TG rules to camp a RP and a FB so you think thered be some cop on.

Whatever.

Overall i enjoyed the night but there was a lack of players. It really pointed out to me how far PR has come.
            Nihility

Comment

I am confused a little, but perhaps that was me, I was on the USA and saw a MEC guy on the hill behind the final flag. SOOOO, I walked to the west, up the hill, shot him in the head, shot a MEC AR guy from the hill then shot the tracked BRDM to kill the last MEC guy alive and end the round. So, did I do something wrong there? Not that I am aware of...

But it may not even be me you are referring to, so feel free to check.

Comment

Its against TG rules to camp a RP and a FB so you think thered be some cop on.
                Although I agree it is usually unsporting or just a way to collect kills, it isn't against the rules to camp a Rally Point or Firebase. The idea is you can safely spawn at main instead.
                |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Hmm, perhaps not me then, I only got like 3 kills from up there, as the flag was nearly capped and your entire team was more or less dead.....

Comment

Its against TG rules to camp a RP and a FB so you think thered be some cop on.

I've seen this complaint so many times from so many players and it is entirely, 100% false.

5. Basecamping

Main bases: A main base is defined as a flag where the opponent has their only permanent spawn point (this includes a mosque spawn point on insurgency maps - this is a clarification of the rule).
                    UCB: The opponents main base which cannot be captured.
                    Nowhere in this rule does it mention rally-points or fire bases. Those are player-deployed spawns and you will not be protected when you spawn on those. If you are killed there and continue to spawn on it when you know it is compromised then that is entirely your choice and no admin is going to protect you, nor should there be a single complaint issued about it. If the spawn you have chosen is compromised, you may freely select a different FOB to spawn on or your main. Of the two, only your spawn in the main is protected by the rules.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."
                    |TG-42nd|Wicks-Today at 4:47 PM

No it was fine mate I'm just an *******

Comment

I killed like 2 or 3 guys spawning on the Mec last flag, with a saw. The thing was that you guys spawned almost right in the middle of the squad, two of you spawned behind Turkish and one of you tried to knife him, so I had to protect his back. Not much we could do, since it was a perm-spawn and it would only dissapear when we got the flag, which we got pretty fast...so I dont know what the fuss is all about.

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

I quite liked zatar even though we lacked players it seemed to play alot better then I ever remember it.
                        My squad was defending the airport though we did attack the island early on and do this quite well, it needed more coordination to actually take or hold it

The security centre map played so well I wonder why it was removed, surely its good enough for a skirmish map to start the server. Reminded me a bit of bi ming but simpler

Thanks to all who refined the maps and admin for hosting

The c4 truck thing I took to be not suicidal but just a way of inserting c4 more quickly into a stronghold, thats the one time I saw it used. Othewise yea its only for insurgents

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by AlmightyLion View Post
                          I killed like 2 or 3 guys spawning on the Mec last flag, with a saw. The thing was that you guys spawned almost right in the middle of the squad, two of you spawned behind Turkish and one of you tried to knife him, so I had to protect his back. Not much we could do, since it was a perm-spawn and it would only dissapear when we got the flag, which we got pretty fast...so I dont know what the fuss is all about.
                          As i allready said
                          Its a map problem but a little bit of fair play?
                          And regarding the FB and RP camping: I was told a long time ago that it was against the rules. Thanks for clarifying Dispo, let my frag fest begin!!!! :)
                          Nihility

Comment

And regarding the FB and RP camping: I was told a long time ago that it was against the rules. Thanks for clarifying Dispo, let my frag fest begin!!!! :)
                            I remember that rule, but it has not been in effect on the PR server for a long time.
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I think 6 kills by a rp stops it working, thats in the game now but it wasnt always.

I dont know if anything like that applies to a firebase but like soup I thought it was basically bad play to sit by a spawn and kill anyone who magically appears out of thin air and its not hard to see that is slightly unrealistic.
                              Personally I would only do that if I felt unable to destroy the spawn myself like sometimes my scoped gun actually works well for me and I can kill a few people from 300m away, I might just sit there and tell others where to go get it

Does shooting the radio work, how many times ? not sure if a stryker could kill a fb from 500m away this way, I dont think so presently

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

The thing was that you guys spawned almost right in the middle of the squad, two of you spawned behind Turkish and one of you tried to knife him......
                                My kind of guys :) Hehe

......so I dont know what the fuss is all about.
                                I agree.

It was great to show the newer PR players what we are going on about when we remise about the good ol' days and I think it very effective in demonstrating the evolution of PR since and what issues the DEVS thought about overcoming as they brought out successive versions, ironing out the flaws.

In all I think it very successful and Phoenix is a classic map to show such evolution, as well as what others have said about other maps, or players experienced themselves during Retro night and the older maps. And why players that experienced 'good bits' of the older maps would like them added in later versions: map, tempo, skill, tactics and game-playwise. And why we stick to PR because we believe this is a brilliant game, with a great group of Developers and followers.

An excellent experience to be taken as that. What people should take from this is how it used to be and how the development of the game has gone. This should be a celebration. And I also thank the DEVS and Admins for putting it on; and heartily look forward to next time and the future of PR.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X