• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asset Stealling.... hm....

What makes a cookie go bad?

What makes a banana go bad?

What makes a good round of PR go bad?

Almost on every server playing PR and even other games, there's always a argument over assets. I have seen a bloodbath over an F16 for example. Someone steals a jet, people surround it, sit on it, a tk crown begins, admins are called, admins respond, jet takes off, force tk 3, then crashes on runway...

TG has the rule that assets are first come first serve unless commander specified, so technically i guess that squad name doesnt matter as much seeing as u can change it if u get to it first. But so far, I've notice and not giving a stereotype, but people that don't steal or hog assets tend to be the person who when they get the asset know how to use it. This is especially true when it comes to aircraft, I see people fighting for a Blackhawk over the trans squad.. meanwhile the team sits waiting for trans..

The point of assets is team support.. not "weee im flying, oh noo a mountain.. boom.."

When I make squads now, i would see, if i see a well made up (and no im not gonna kiss up to a specific IHS or something) asset squad, I would leave it alone. By well made up i mean with voip, and players that you don't see getting in trouble to much. No point of making another squad and trying to argue for the asset. Cause then when you lose it, there will be eyes watching.

Finally, I always (and this is another one of those my "ideas") wanted a little squad mutiny button... This way if we see a squad who constantly waste assets... but technically not breaking server rules so no kick possible, we could come together as a team and vote to remove from server or squad. Cause for now.. unless they decide to leave the server out of guilt of flying into a bunker, were stuck with them flying. And if we steal the asset from them.. then here comes the whining. OF course this mainly applies for non regulars ^^ but idk.. who knows...

-cole
    csxgamerz

Re: Asset Stealling.... hm....

As a player who normally does infantry because some of the same people constantly use tanks, spandrels and other armored assets, I can only say that stepping up as CO is the right way to manage the situation, and if you constantly use armor, or other assets why not step aside and let someone else use them for a change.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Wasting assets is against the rules. I've seen people getting kicked/banned for this.

Comment

First serve is about as fair as it gets imo aside from co tactics

The old pb rule meant crashing a vehicle meant a kick from the server. That was totally harsh but I liked that personally, if you screw the team over and lose a vehicle in 5 minutes before you ever did anything positive then its about fair I reckon

Unfortunately thats gone now and unless theres random vehicle timers made possible like old counterstrike mode then it'll always be the last guy to lose an asset who then gets it next most of the time

When I played arma I got why people kick up such a fuss about squad names so much when its not a rule. In arma there is a fixed squad built into the game for pilots or tanks, etc so its regulated by the game

That still doesnt fix the problem of even a good player having an off day and losing a vehicle too much

I think people should be ready to step aside if they lose a vehicle. The game is biased towards them because it'll spawn exactly 20 mins after they screwed up last time :icon_lol: So to balance that out if one or two people are ready to take over the reins that should be on the cards and no big deal to step down for at least one spawn
        unfortunately thats entirely reliant on good will in a public server

[media]http://www.bellas-pets.co.uk/P2040020.JPG[/media]

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

This happened on Ejod for me, I start a squad called TOW and I get 3 guys. I hop in the tow and accidently hopped out, another guy from a finnish clan hops in and starts driving off with me in the second seat. I ask him to leave, he refuses. I hop out and let him and his friend use it. They drive it to the top of the E4 section on the big concrete'd mound of sand and immediatly get killed by apc. They then leave the game, they join again a bit later on Kashan and I have again a squad "FK's trans" as I often do on Kashan as I find it fun and necessary at times. They both take both helos, one of them flips it and leaves, the other flies off and crashes into a house in North Village.

I keep seeing their names, they keep taking assets from myself and others now even when there is a commander they still take it and use their "bad English" to not understand, of course they understand fine as have conversations in team chat.

//rant over

But yeah, don't steal assets unless you know how to use them well enough to benefit the team

Comment

I dont understand the purpose of this thread.
            Are you sad, because people stole a assets from you ?

if you constantly use armor, or other assets why not step aside and let someone else use them for a change.

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

In my opinion when it comes to asset First come First serve is very fair, Or first one to create a squad for the certain role, Unless like others said commanders order other wise.

I once ran an Land Rover squad on Quin ling to find out a |TG| tagged member 1 manned a 50.cal to do spotting for his CAS squad, When i asked him to bring it back he said Tough, and then i get some one from his squad saying 'You got Told'.

I wont mention any names but i think if some one uses the role productively and has called it first they should get it!
              PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan_the_bad View Post
                In my opinion when it comes to asset First come First serve is very fair, Or first one to create a squad for the certain role, Unless like others said commanders order other wise.

I once ran an Land Rover squad on Quin ling to find out a |TG| tagged member 1 manned a 50.cal to do spotting for his CAS squad, When i asked him to bring it back he said Tough, and then i get some one from his squad saying 'You got Told'.

I wont mention any names but i think if some one uses the role productively and has called it first they should get it!
                In my opinion, someone with that attitude needs to be removed from the community.

POE2 Developer

Comment

i have almost given up on assets that all others wants (heli, jet, ..) so you dont often see me using that.

As long as you all dont steal "my" asset (supply truck) everything is fine :-).

If you dont get an asset use other things to help your team.
                  also everyone can always step up as commander (helps the team too)

PS. and yes i have a superfast computer which one loads in almost before everyone other can and i dont make a cas squad as first person, so other players who have not such a quick load can do that.

| | | |

Comment

You know what never gets stolen?

My Officer kit.
                    Skud

Comment

I've said this a thousand times and I'll say it a thousand more, if someone does this REPORT THEM!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer
                        You know what never gets stolen?

My Officer kit.
                        Not unless you forget to select it, then go to a crate and try to request the kit, but then some other player picks it up instead of his sniper rifle and runs off unawares, leaving you in the lurch!

Lately I've been flying transport choppers a lot. I am a fairly competent pilot, though over the course of a round I will eventually crash or get shot down a time or two. If someone else wants to fly, or if I do something particularly embarrassing or stupid, I've no problem stepping down to let them give it a try.

While the attitude is piss poor, it is entirely legit for someone to take a small vehicle for recon, especially for CAS spotting. it's not like Qinling doesn't have enough (or too many!) assets to go around.
                        |TG-6th|Belhade
                        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

It is nice when you meet people who are willing to share or at least come to a compromise(they say you get next use). It pisses people off when you say nuh uh thats the rules HA HA.

So try to adopt a friendly additude and hopefully it will rub off.
                          |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Too bad you can't share half your weight with anyone.

Otherwise it might actually be down in the 500-range.

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X