Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribbons . Awards

Greetings TG.

I haven't seen too many ribbon nominations lately.....isn't anyone doing anything out there deserving of a nomination?

Don't forget to reward the outstanding players with a ribbon nomination. If you see something great, write it up with some supporting screen shots or AAR information.

Help keep TG the best place to play and stay active with deserving ribbon noms...

T:icon3:
    sigpic

Re: Ribbons . Awards

I admit I should write some nominations to guys that really deserved it.

Will do that more often now

Comment

I have been here at TG almost as long as you Tman, and haven't had a single thing xD

Comment

If you dont know how, click on the BIG GREEN LINK IN MY SIG.

Comment

I think more nominations would be written if it didn't take so long for ribbons to get awarded. Is there a way to speed the approval process up?

Comment

That sounds like you just volunteered for the job, dude!

EDIT: I think if we broke each game into different categories of people - for example, a set of PR players to consider nominations for ribbons in PR. 2142 for their title, etc. This is because a 2142 admin probably doesn't know very much about PR. So what may be an amazing feat to a PR player may not be such a stand out incident to the 2142 player.
            Skud

Comment

Ribbons are approved rather quickly. The problem is that only a few admins appear capable of posting the information, and I'm on strike from doing it until someone else picks up the slack.....

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

im nervous about writing nominations because i feel as if ive not been at TG for long enough compared to other players and the fact that i make sooooo many spelling mistakes :(

Blade

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                  Ribbons are approved rather quickly. The problem is that only a few admins appear capable of posting the information, and I'm on strike from doing it until someone else picks up the slack.....
                  Hold on there just a sec... What you are telling me is there isn't a mythical man named Ribbons who's only job in the world is to appoint ribbons? lulz :D

In actuality, I'm sure the admins would be happy to get less Ribbon noms from myself considering how freaking long winded they end up turning out to be.
                  Last edited by ACOGRecon; 08-04-2009, 08:27 AM. Reason: edited tense agreement

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm gonna say it.. <clenches teeth> I'm gonna have to say it!.. Nnghh.. I'M GONNA HAVE TO SAY IT!!!! RIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOONNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSS

<Blade and Recon: don't worry guys, you have Word and such to spellcheck, even free ones that are compatable from Adobe. As for writing, only one way to practice :) And the Admins have already said the more information the better. Just think of it like writing a story. As for me I should too. But but but don't let some kind of fear get in the way. Writing is enjoyable! As is seeing others get a reward for doing something special.>

Comment

Most approved ribbons contain an AAR or a good description of what happened, the k2D ratio, screen shots, individual scores and kills, etc. Disapproved ones are "this guy was great" kind of write ups - just like in the real army. Concrete, measurable things get approved.

Check out the format on the ribbon page and just use the format as provided. If you need any help, PM me.
                      Last edited by TMan; 08-05-2009, 02:02 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Before everyone gets carried away talking about their nominations, please read this post.

Thanks.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Hello!

Yeah i sent Mr. Ribbons a PM yesterday regarding a nomination i was going to make. My nomination doesnt really fit the template as it occurs regularly over many maps. Where are you ribbon man!
                          Nihility

Comment

Any nomination that was written within the last two weeks has not been posted for the admins yet.

Ribbons has been busy with RL and just enough gaming time to not go insane.

Fear not!

All nominations will be posted for the admins to vote on before sunrise tomorrow.

Acknowledge your teammates' Outstanding and Distinguished efforts: Submit a nomination!

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbons View Post
                              Any nomination that was written within the last two weeks has not been posted for the admins yet.

Ribbons has been busy with RL and just enough gaming time to not go insane.

Fear not!

All nominations will be posted for the admins to vote on before sunrise tomorrow.
                              Whose sunrise?
                              "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X