Officer Kits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer Kits

In almost every server and every game hosted by TG there is leadership on each team. I have seen thousands of rounds won and lost from the choices of it's officers. Someone makes a plan, somebody coordinates, somebody takes new players under their wings...

TG has the rule that you will join a squad or automatically be kicked. And it's commonly accepted that most squads need an Officer, or somebody in charge. But so far, I've noticed, and I'm not mentioning names, some of the same people don't step up, or don't work to become better leaders. This leads to a team sometimes falling apart, with people bickering in main, and the team is sometimes helpless because there isn't enough leaders on a team.

The point of leadership in game is to lead the team to victory, or accomplish a specific mission. Not "oh go here! I'm the boss! Listen to me!"

When I make squads now, I strive to be the very best. I strive to help my team to victory. And if we don't win, I don't get sidetracked - I accomplish MY mission, while helping my team. This makes a good squad. By "good", I mean they're using teamwork and tactics in a mature manner to help their team.

All eyes are on leaders.

My computer is one of the faster loading ones, so pretty often I am afforded the opportunity to squad lead. I'm not the best, and I've had my fair share of lickings from other officers. But I'm just glad I'm able to lead such great players in my squads, and I get to meet new people all the time. So I rush to create squads.

But that's just me.
    Skud

Re: Officer Kits

Indeed, it might be the whsiky talking, but teh wine also, but Offciers are reponsible for the men. If a man ****s up, its theoffciers fault.

Tge officers is whewre the game is laid out. Placement of squad, place ment of squad members dicates the battles. teh commande decides how suqad help eacher, squadleaders are involved in this process as a passived force, but Squad leaders are teh primary force for sucess for failaure.'
    TG fyckn owns rfeally. I've seen covoys covered by active air cover. Forgetting indicidulal kills. A wise man once said a wise man said that men have fought to prevent being overwhelmed by the tribe, bute so often I've seen an officer rise to control the tribe and turn it to a single purpose. And that officer was called 'Portable Cougar'

Cougar don't be used to this...I get drunk once ever 6 months...enjoy :D courtesy of the Scottish malt makers :D

Comment

I do understand the pressure put on SL. If you're squad isn't doing we'll its all your fault.

But then again, if you're always rifleman,medic, or a leet tank driver, you always do the same things. Think outside of the box, step up, be a SQ, its ALOT of fun, trust me. Get to some squad leading courses by Kantanama, and you should be set to go !

And don't give up squad leading when you don't succeed. As many of you know I fail terribly sometimes as well.
      Keep trying community will appirciate it.

At the end you'll find PR more than just a shooter game, I always find myself ammused trying to work things out as squad leader, plan my apporach, but then again that's just me.

Comment

I like loading slow and picking up the leftovers or players who have left less able leaders over the course of the game. When you start leading partway through the round you also get the people eager for direction :)

And yes, more people need to step up. I like being a grunt too and showing the other squad members how to be an obedient squad member.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudd_medicman View Post
          Indeed, it might be the whsiky talking, but teh wine also, but Offciers are reponsible for the men. If a man ****s up, its theoffciers fault.

Tge officers is whewre the game is laid out. Placement of squad, place ment of squad members dicates the battles. teh commande decides how suqad help eacher, squadleaders are involved in this process as a passived force, but Squad leaders are teh primary force for sucess for failaure.'
          TG fyckn owns rfeally. I've seen covoys covered by active air cover. Forgetting indicidulal kills. A wise man once said a wise man said that men have fought to prevent being overwhelmed by the tribe, bute so often I've seen an officer rise to control the tribe and turn it to a single purpose. And that officer was called 'Portable Cougar'

Cougar don't be used to this...I get drunk once ever 6 months...enjoy :D courtesy of the Scottish malt makers :D
          This is AMAZING
          |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
          sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
          I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

Originally posted by Rudd_medicman View Post

This is the internet version of a drunk call I think.

BTW - I'm really pissed at the rep system because it won't let me +rep Skud, and I can't remember the last time he said anything that I thought was +rep-worthy at all. :)

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I agree! I do this sometimes myself, though that is because I don't like squad leading, as most of the time, it pisses me off when people don't follow my orders, y'know they just run off and do their own thing. - And when you tell them to come back, they get all annoyed at you, especially when you are trying to get somewhere. But yeah, with the right people in your squad, squad leading can be fun, I've found for me, at least. :(

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
              Erwin Rommel

Comment

Iīve been trying to step up resently as a SL. Still learning the ropes so donīt get too agitated. :) Still waiting for a TGU SL-course (missed the previous :(). The learning curve from BF2142 to PR being rather steep... The main reason I thought to start leading was that I got frustrated with kicked or quitting SLīs, which lead to annoying bickering inside the squads about who has to squadlead.

The reason that people donīt like to lead is the huge responsibility that comes with it. If a round can last for 2-3 hours, the pressure really starts to mount up. Sometimes it gets very annoying as your whole squad changes during the round because of RL, kickscript or whatever. I must say that that leading is very rewarding with a good squad.
                [S7]Hablos
                Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post

All eyes are on leaders.
                  See thats the problem. 9 times out of 10 I turn around and my whole squad is 5 feet behind me playing follow the leader all staring at my back. AND right behind them is a guy with a autorifle who then dives to the ground and accurately headshots us all.

Who takes the blame for not watching every single direction? Me. It turns out the squad members jobs consists of talking constantly in VOIP so they can't hear my orders and shoveling anything they see.
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                    See thats the problem. 9 times out of 10 I turn around and my whole squad is 5 feet behind me playing follow the leader all staring at my back. AND right behind them is a guy with a autorifle who then dives to the ground and accurately headshots us all.

Who takes the blame for not watching every single direction? Me. It turns out the squad members jobs consists of talking constantly in VOIP so they can't hear my orders and shoveling anything they see.
                    It's ok, at least you're a KILLING MACHINE with the APC, right? Right?

;)

Comment

Well thats what it is for ,DUH!
                      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                        Well thats what it is for ,DUH!
                        Of course! Who would be silly enough to think otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                          And yes, more people need to step up. I like being a grunt too and showing the other squad members how to be an obedient squad member.
                          Thanks for this. On the most recent serious attempt I made at squad leading (on Fallujah a couple of weeks ago), there was one guy, and I'm really pissed off at myself that I can't remember his name, who was vastly more experienced than me but knew I was a noob SL and was very patient and suggesting stuff here and there, but mainly following orders, being communicative, chastising other squad members for not listening to me, and generally being really helpful. It made me feel much better about trying.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Also, kudos to the 6th. Two nights ago, can't remember the map, instead of all bunching up in one squad cos they're buddies, there were three different infantry squads led by three members of the 6th.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

There are only certain maps I SL. This is usually the result of having a good experience using a certain strategy and I try to mimic it as closely as possible. Examples that come to mind are defending the small room at the dam in jabal, defending the south west building flag on mestia, defending the south landing of the rope bridge on Asad as british, or defending castle on archer as insurgent. These are the only situations where I feel comfortable leading real infantry. Other maps are a mix of: joining a good SL I know, trying to fly transport chopper, armor sometimes, (kashan is all I can think of) and last and probably least: sniping if I'm in a nasty mood and can't deal with people.

One of the worst feelings for me is to be responsible for other people and not have a good plan for them to follow. I try to avoid this situation and am never as tactically aggressive as the situation may call for. However as I have more experience I'm sure I'll add more strategies to my toolbox for more maps.
                              |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
                              sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
                              I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X