This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A request from all non-supporting members

First off, this topic is about non-supporting members geting kicked when a supporting member joins. I know some of you may have joined so you would not have to wait in line, but the main reason I joined, is that I was tired of being kicked for supporting members.

When I go to join a full server (62/64), I use the auto-deploy, as it usually takes only 2-3 minutes for a slot to open up, and that way, I am not kicking someone from the server.
    I speak for all non-supporting members when I ask you, the supporting member, to give this a try. It will make the server a slightly nicer place.
    (It'll reduce the number of "Full transport helicopter pilot kicked for supporting member" moments, for starters.)

It shouldn't really take that long, and if you are still waiting after five minutes, you still have the option of utilizing your supporting member status.

Patience is a virtue!
    The beatings will continue untill morale improves.

Re: A request from all non-supporting members

I may give that a try.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac302 View Post
      First off, this topic is about non-supporting members geting kicked when a supporting member joins. I know some of you may have joined so you would not have to wait in line, but the main reason I joined, is that I was tired of being kicked for supporting members.

When I go to join a full server (62/64), I use the auto-deploy, as it usually takes only 2-3 minutes for a slot to open up, and that way, I am not kicking someone from the server.
      I speak for all non-supporting members when I ask you, the supporting member, to give this a try. It will make the server a slightly nicer place.
      (It'll reduce the number of "Full transport helicopter pilot kicked for supporting member" moments, for starters.)

It shouldn't really take that long, and if you are still waiting after five minutes, you still have the option of utilizing your supporting member status.

Patience is a virtue!
      The odds of kicking someone who is flying a transport chopper is about 2 or 3 per 31 player team if the choppers are being used and the map has choppers, the odds of the map having air assets is less than that and the odds that the chopper is in the air and not a wreck is even lower. I'm guessing that any particular person joining has a 1 in 100 chance of kicking a chopper pilot on a map with a chopper, more like 1 in 1000 would kick the pilot of a full chopper on any given join (an I think I am overestimating). I'll happily take those odds.

That is of course assuming the pilot isn't a supporting member already, which there are a lot of. I'm just saying that in the vast majority of times the person getting kicked is going simply be disconnected with no ill effect on the team. While I understand your wanting to post a help out the non-SM thread it really is going to just turn into a SM vs non SM thread in my opinion.

I'm not going to hesitate to use my SM status because I support TG and part of supporting TG is being on the server to show the TG way. I don't feel bad when I get kicked from other servers for not being a SM there.
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
        I'm not going to hesitate to use my SM status because I support TG and part of supporting TG is being on the server to show the TG way.
        x2

Like I always say on threads that bring up the SM discussion, becoming a SM is not that expensive. It's US$ 9,00 a month. And don't even come up with "THAT'S WAY TOO MUCH MONEY, MAN!" because it isn't. If you can afford a PC that runs PR, if you can afford a good stable ISP to play without problems and specially if playing is something you really enjoy doing, US$ 9,00 is as good as free IMO. Cutting your expenses in US$ 9,00 A MONTH is you have all of the above should be pretty easy. If it isn't, well, maybe you should be looking at making some more money instead of playing, really.

I tend to become SM and cancel my status a lot. It really depends on work/courses/trips I take. When I know I'll have some time to spend playing, I pay for a month and enjoy it the most I can. When I know things will get busy, I cancel as I'll only be playing sometimes, and most likely not for too long.

But when I DO have the time to play, having a garanteed spot and stay on one of the best PR servers around is a must. And when I am an SM, I wouldn't hesitate to use my status either at any time.
        |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

I think we are averaging a thread of this kind every 2-3 months...........

Auto-Deploy imho is for the non-supporting member who is trying to get into a full server that gives preference to supporting members, or a player who is trying to get into a full server.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I'm not going to hesitate to use my SM status because I support TG and part of supporting TG is being on the server to show the TG way. I don't feel bad when I get kicked from other servers for not being a SM there.
            x3. I've been an SM for years. I originally got my SM for this specific purpose. Even though all that time has passed and I now give my SM money for reasons greater than just the reserved slots it gives me, I'm not going to step aside just because other people want to play on their schedule.

Comment

in a way supportng membership ensures a high level of teamwork, skill and sociability ingame.

So the gameplay you enjoy on TG is at least in part attributed to it, so be happy :P

Comment

i'm not going to hesitate to use my sm status because i support tg and part of supporting tg is being on the server to show the tg way.
                +4
                |TG-31st|Slayer816

A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.

| |

Comment

I wouldn't want SM's to start doing this because I don't plan to when I become one.
                  |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
                  sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
                  I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

I abuse my SM powerz frequently....

Deal with it :D
                    |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Hehe, better solution. Don't do anything important unless you joined that round, even less so during peak hours. I've adjusted my flying habits so that the longer I've been playing, the much less likely I am to start doing something truly important.

Comment

Super secret tactic: leave and rejoin at the end of every round. Some people always leave at round end and there will be a spot open for you to get back in.
                        |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
                        sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

I think the fee for TG is dirt cheap. I spend more at Burger King for lunch.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by O=T-M-A-N=O View Post
                            I think the fee for TG is dirt cheap. I spend more at Burger King for lunch.
                            I agree that $9 a month is affordable. What I want to know is how you spend that much at BK! Are you tipping???
                            |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
                            sigpic

Comment

x6 or so I think.

Will always continue to abuse my SM powers, sorry but that was one of the many benefits I get from supporting this superb community!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X