Epic Flying on Muttrah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Flying on Muttrah

Today I had a great round on Muttrah as a hydra huey pilot I went 17-0 (probably could've been more if MEC hadn't capped docks so fast) and had won lots of close AA vs Huey battles

I made a vid of it (It's only my 2nd big vid like that so don't judge me too harsh)

[media]http://www.vimeo.com/6041628[/media]
    Last edited by RememberTheAlamo; 08-10-2009, 10:20 PM.

Re: Epic Flying on Muttrah

Hydra Hueys are awesome. Here's a video I did today of a hydra strike, JDAM and some hueys doing manuevers all in the same area. Was a pretty awesome round.

http://www.xfire.com/video/10cdf3/

EDIT: Crap, man, you and Csxgamerz need to get together on Barracuda with the Hydra Hueys.

Comment

Nice. Some of the camera panning is a wee bit choppy, but I like the scene selection, the first 2 songs, and the skillz. :D
      "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

I think I read that the hydra huey doesn't get disabled like other helos, so it is fairly hard to shoot down at the moment. Basically requires multiple direct stinger hits or a large amount of shells.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Im going to be a dick saying this but those Hydra Huey's will beat most things, they didn't put the disabling factor on them so they have alot of armour.

Comment

Nice vid. Like Name and Gunner have said I have found attack hueys are like a light tank and can take 2 direct stinger hits and make it back to the carrier. I find the only way to kill one is with a LAG storm or .50 cal through the windshield.
            |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

I was one of the poor ones on the ground/roofs he was raping. I must say, it seemed like we pelted that thing a lot with AA and .50 cals, but the bugger wouldn't go down. It's very durable. Trojan chopper.
              sigpic
              I'm Back.

Comment

Along with the fact that the SA-7 is an annoying weapon. Did you see during the first time he attacked the FOB on the container ship. Alamo was hovering, and just deployed flares the second the SA-7 fired, yet it missed.
                You have to fire the SA-7 the millisecond you achieve lock, or you won't get another chance until you lose lock and then regain it on the chopper.

Arabia Missles suck. I've seen plenty of FIM-921 stingers or whatever they're called shoot down the Su-29 FrogFoot or MiG-29 ingame, flying at high speeds in quite a few directions. The SA-7, I hate it, can't hit a heated barn door.

I'm surprised they couldn't shoot you down. Zooming in with the static AA helps with eliminating the ability to lock onto flares in close range, like the hotel encounter.
                Good killing though, blowing up stuff is fun!

sigpic

Comment

Nice movie man love the hydra cause it kicks ass :D love the music also keep them comming :D
                  ]

Comment

You should have seen csxgamers yesterday...

Comment

Originally posted by Bandaid View Post
                      I was one of the poor ones on the ground/roofs he was raping. I must say, it seemed like we pelted that thing a lot with AA and .50 cals, but the bugger wouldn't go down. It's very durable. Trojan chopper.
                      Yeah Bandaid and Mnam were one of those guys by the AA

Comment

good video alamo
                        oh yeah you should have seen gamerz yesterday
                        42:0
                        guess who was the co pilot and did all the communication :D
                        and when im flying in a huey and hear the lock I'm not really scared .. but it's not like they can take that many hits in rl?
                        |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

Sounds like a good effort. I know on sunday night someone in my squad took down the Hydra huey so its possible with AA.

Probably this should be in http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ction-reports/

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                            I think I read that the hydra huey doesn't get disabled like other helos, so it is fairly hard to shoot down at the moment. Basically requires multiple direct stinger hits or a large amount of shells.
                            Yeah, that is supposed to be fixed next patch and since people will be used to it by then they will seem like paper targets again.
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Nice vid Alamo, and flying for that matter. I won't want to be the MEC when your around. :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X