jet / mumble / ts / coordination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet / mumble / ts / coordination

If you decide to fly a jet be aware that mumble loses connection if you fly high and you hear everyone who is talking like you are not ingame.

So i think its best to shut down mumble before you fly and get a sqleader who is on mumble for coordination or use Teamspeak.

In the last time i have often seen that players get important air assets and in the squad is no one at mumble or ts. that makes it very hard to coordinate. you can ask if someone may play squadleader and coordinate with the team, that could help a lot.

Thanks

Bullseye

| | | |

Re: jet / mumble / ts / coordination

Also, please avoid saying "SHUT UP!" repeatedly in mumble because you can hear everyone...

Comment

To the people that are sitting in assets, but never on teamspeak/mumble:
      You people make me sick, you cant even respond to the people trying to cordinate with you - with teamchat. Not a simple answer like "rgr" or "need to rtb" can you give us, so the team can know.

The persons that Im referring to (which often are in the same assets or logi trucks+HAT/Engi kit, for their own solo missions) are not new to the game or bad at english (which some of them are trying to use as a reason to their lack of TG gameplay), nor are they unfamiliar with our Teamspeak or our channels on mumble. Its funny how they can find their way to the teamspeak channel for passwords and even on those kinda event are they refusing to go down to the coordination channels.

I got a one of those "SHUT UP" respons yesterday on mumble, when I was trying to coordinate with one squadleader (which was flying) on the targets I was lazing. This really showed me how much these people want to play for the team.

This is normally the turnout of a round - if you get a person that are unwilling to coordinate.

1.He/they lose the air asset,armor or apc.
      2.The enemy air asset destroys our armor/APCs
      3.The enemy air asset(s)+armor/apcs hammers our infantry
      4.We lose the game.

If your squad is not supporting the team in anyway or not responding to their requests, that makes your squad no different from a single infantry lone-wolfing.

I just had to express my anger....
      Last edited by AlmightyLion; 08-13-2009, 06:33 PM.

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

Actually you can coordinate pretty good with Teamchat. If you see

CAS APC D5 K5

reply with a roger that (page up).
        On a map like Kashan I oftentimes called in CAS with chat when my squadlead wouldnt, because I do not see why we should get shopt up by inf/armor when an apache is bored in the sky.

The squadleader then can open the map to see if you are enroute and laze, or not even that, lazing every 20 sec or so, should do it.
        What CAS really needs especially with one seater jets is a squadleader on the ground, who sets markers.

Now if an APC attatched to your squad, thats when you need mumble or teamspeak as you need to forward more targets and faster.

As long as Mumble can not do everything Teamspeak can, maybe both should be used.
        Last edited by Golgo13; 08-13-2009, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Airpower must be in TS, fullstop, no exceptions . I hold this to be absolute and unchangeable. I have never gotten into a Fixed Wing Aircraft and not been on TS to coordinate it.

Mumble still does horrific things to my computer when I try to run it, so I cannot use it. (And as I understand it, it's positional audio. Doesn't seem terribly helpful when I'm 3500m away)

I make the suggestion that it be reportable to not be in one of the two programs, Mumble or Teamspeak (or both) and fly a Fixed Wing Aircraft. (Perhaps even one of the two seater Rotary Wing Attack Aircraft?) I gotta be specific, because transport choppers should be, but often it's only one line of information that is exchanged between pilot and passenger. ("Where2?" "C4kp3")

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo13 View Post
            Actually you can coordinate pretty good with Teamchat. If you see

CAS APC D5 K5

reply with a roger that (page up).
            On a map like Kashan I oftentimes called in CAS with chat when my squadlead wouldnt, because I do not see why we should get shopt up by inf/armor when an apache is bored in the sky.

The squadleader then can open the map to see if you are enroute and laze, or not even that, lazing every 20 sec or so, should do it.
            What CAS really needs especially with one seater jets is a squadleader on the ground, who sets markers.

Now if an APC attatched to your squad, thats when you need mumble or teamspeak as you need to forward more targets and faster.

As long as Mumble can not do everything Teamspeak can, maybe both should be used.

We allready had a thread about using teamchat for cas (its like pissing into the wind).
            This thread is about not using mumble when in a jet.

EDIT: And its also about having to be in TS (for common sense purposes) if flying CAS.
            Nihility

Comment

True that. Sadly many people are either in one or the other. I wonder why, running both shouldnt be too hard on the resources if mumble does not give you issues.

Of course it would be best if the pilot and squadleaders are in teamspeak. But at this point, some people are in mumble, some people are in teamspeak, so it is not very likely to happen.

We need a thread to encourage people to still use teamspeak as their NO.1 even if they are in mumble.
              If 2 VOIP programs are used, we should decide which one gets priority and which one is additional, else, like I said, some are in teamspeak and some are in mumble.

Comment

True that. Sadly many people are either in one or the other. I wonder why, running both shouldnt be too hard on the resources if mumble does not give you issues.

Of course it would be best if the pilot and squadleaders are in teamspeak. But at this point, some people are in mumble, some people are in teamspeak, so it is not very likely to happen.

We need a thread to encourage people to still use teamspeak as their NO.1 even if they are in mumble.
                If 2 VOIP programs are used, we should decide which one gets priority and which one is additional, else, like I said, some are in teamspeak and some are in mumble.
                If there is any way to get everyone on TS that would be great and I'll start using it more often.
                But I still believe that mumble is a better program because it's doesn't require the whole team to hear something that only you and the squad next to you needs to hear.

Comment

True that. Sadly many people are either in one or the other.
                  Oh man, if it was that good. I dont care if people are split up into the both programs, as long as I can reach them. The problem isnt that people are split up, the problem is; people not showing themself on either of the program and even worse when they dont respond to teamchat.

Dont make this into a - "the-coordination-program-we-should-use" thread...
                  Last edited by AlmightyLion; 08-13-2009, 07:53 PM.

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

the only way cas works without beeing on ts is to have a commander.

Maybe sometimes players who are often using the assets go commander and solve that problem?

| | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye2550 View Post
                      If you decide to fly a jet be aware that mumble loses connection if you fly high and you hear everyone who is talking like you are not ingame.

So i think its best to shut down mumble before you fly and get a sqleader who is on mumble for coordination or use Teamspeak.
                      Does it really? I've never experienced that at all... maybe no one was using mumble frequently while I've been flying, but it's good to know anyway.

Do we know what the 'distance' is? Because that could be why we had issues on 'talking across the map' when we previously had only one mumble channel. I remember talking to a buddy in British main on Qinling, and having Nardini type in teamchat that he could hear me and him on mumble like we were out of the game.

Usually I'm on both TS and Mumble anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial1 View Post
                        Does it really?
                        then you fly too low :-)

| | | |

Comment

Mat552 and others, thats kinda going a bit overboard, making people be in TS or mumble just to use an asset. I have played many a games with no one on mumble or ts and communication was just fine, teamwork was great and we won rounds by a landslide. It sounds like you're trying to tell people if you're not on ts or mumble then they need to walk or get a ride to the battle and stay the hell out of my assets...

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye2550 View Post
                            then you fly too low :-)
                            How high is high, then?

I generally stick to flying at around 3000 altitude when in Ground-attack jets when not going on an attack run.

Comment

If 2 VOIP programs are used, we should decide which one gets priority and which one is additional
                              As far as i know TS is the offical PR outside communication program.

I run both, it makes sense. To contact someone nearby u mumble, to contact CAS or someone far away you use TS. Simple!!!

ITS NOT HARD TO GET TS PEOPLE!!! IT HAS FECK ALL BUGS/ISSUES! (Im looking at you alamo :P )
                              Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X