This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why???

It all started as a normal Asad Khal round. The server wasn't greatly populated so there were only 2 squads at the beginning of round. Me and Squad leader 1 (No names you know who you are) both were on mumble and I thought we could work together. SL1 went to get South Obj while my squad hurried in a truck to the North Obj. South capped without a problem while North would stay neutral. I would ask SL1 to help us cap but he would ignore me. After about 10 min the flag was still neutral and finally SL1 replied to me "Alamo I'm just ignoring you. You know my rule that I will not move until that flag is capped" I was really pissed off at him for that for 2 reasons. 1. He would not move and help me. 2. He was ignoring me for 10 minutes and wouldn't reply to me.

After a while we finally started capping. I told SL1 but he told me that an BDRM is keeping him pinned down. In the next minute one of my guys gets a LAT and tells me that the BDRM is down. SL1 still tells me that his squad is pinned down. OK. Fine.

After that the flag is still neutral and I see squad 1 moving towards the mansion. I ask him what is he doing? He tells me that they found a enemy FB at mansion. I tell him that if he gets his butt over here quick enough they won't need that FB at mansion. So that means that he will go to the mansion and leave South obj undefended but he won't leave to go to North obj. I don't understand.

After that he finally chooses to move to the North obj and help me. To help him hurry I myself (I was the closest one to the truck and I know it's not a very good idea to leave the squad without a squad leader) bring a truck to his position that is within 50-100 meters from the flag. He stops and tells me that no they won't be there in time. I was so pissed off.

Flag remains neutral. After about 30 minutes of battle another squad finally helps our squad and we clear and cap the objective within 3-4 minutes. I tell my squad to hop into a truck. 2 of us are down but we still manage to get to the village quickly and cap the flag.

Now I have a question. How much faster could have the round went if SQ1 helped me cap in the beginning?

I know this seems like just a complaining thread but there are two things that I wanted to say after.

1. Please all Squad Leaders don't be like that. I really disagree with SL1 and his actions. If someone really needs your help than please help them. It can make a difference. Especially if you can actually break "your rule" of defending the flag.

2. I really want to thank my squad. Sorry I don't remember all of your names but I'm sure you know who you are. You guys did a hell of a job holding that flag neutral for that long.
    Last edited by RememberTheAlamo; 08-14-2009, 09:10 AM.

Re: Why???

So you had a disagrement with another player.

Two choices I figgure:

One :
    talk to him. Use mumble, PMs, E-Mail, TeamSpeak, Xfire, AIM and resolve your issues.

Two :
    act like a 11 year old girl. Publicly bash him on forums. Start a he said she said BS thread to prove your greatness over him.
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

REAL question is:

Why the hell not?
      |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

I'm sure that since you were the commander he was supposed to go with your idea...

You just expected another squad leader to do what you wanted even though he gave you feedback about what he was doing and that he disagreed. GG
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

At the end of the day he can do whatever he wants, even if it isnt going to speed up the round. But then again maybe it wouldnt have. This looks like a job for Mystic Meg.
          Nihility

Comment

because you were not his CO.
            |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
            sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
            I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

(I was not there; but I think SQ1 leader didnt want to get ordered around.)

Whether you ask a squad leader or not and whether it be on teamspeak/mumble or teamchat, always add "please" after your sentence. If you dont, it can misunderstood as an order and some people dont like to be ordered around by other then their commander/their squad leader. I find it myself dissrespectful to the other squad leaders and other players, when not saying "please" when I request something or "thank you" after being given something. A couple of nice words keeps the environment so much more pleasant to be in. :)

Back in the days; Katanama corrected me with a couple of shouts:) (when I "ordered" somebody around) and nowdays I avoid saying something that can be missunderstood as an order.
              Last edited by AlmightyLion; 08-14-2009, 01:38 AM.

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

I think you would need to go commander to sort out situations where SLs ignore 1 another, or another person.

If he ignores you, then maybe you will just have to deal with it. Try and adapt. It is annoying, yes. But just try and keep your cool. You could always quit, nobody says anything is bad about that.

sigpic

Comment

I wasn't there and there is two sides to a story.

I think the best advise is to keep polite and think of the other person, as Lion aptly says.

You must think of your actions before thinking of others'. Perhaps they will respond likewise and a dialogue will occur with the above happening instead of a diatribe vocally or internally, by both yourself or another person.

If you catch yourself wanting, let alone the other person, recognise it and act on it, like say and do something to say that you have learnt and am sorry. Again, perhaps if the other person is doing the same as you, all will be well.

Comment

This is a game, when I squad lead alot of time there are squads that are not used as they could be used. And I do get angry, for a minute, then I realize I'm just a solider in the field, who am I to tell whats right and whats wrong.

So take a deep breath, ask them politely if no response then there is nothing you can do. You just have to accept that, and move on with your squad. And no, you're not always right even if it seems so, so try to think in that direction.

Comment

i prefer the bitch on the forums approach myself, but that's just me. :)

Comment

Everyone isn't as 1337 as you in their SL'ing ways. Or maybe "SL1" prefer's to take it slow.

Comment

I am the guy who knocked down the apc. Good job thinking of equipping your squad by the way.
                          I oftentimes ran with my squad in an apc with nothing to take it out even though our squadleader planned to be offensive on a map crawling with apcs (Kashan 16).

I can see how you were frustrated when you really needed backup and did not get it. However squadleader 1 had a judgement of his own, maybe he was really up against a good number of infantery and was afraid they would neutralize the flag if he leaves. Enemies kept coming over the bridge the apc held.

However he shouldnt have just ingored you. If you can not respond to a request do not ingore it, inform whoever made that request of your situation.
                          Not getting support when you request it and are in a tight spot can be really frustrating, make whoever called for support understand that it is just not possible for you to pull out.

Comment

Originally posted by RememberTheAlamo View Post
                            It all started as a normal Asad Khal round. The server wasn't greatly populated so there were only 2 squads at the beginning of round. Me and Squad leader 1 (No names you know who you are) both were on mumble and I thought we could work together. SL1 went to get South Obj while my squad hurried in a truck to the North Obj. South capped without a problem while North would stay neutral. I would ask SL1 to help us cap but he would ignore me. After about 10 min the flag was still neutral and finally SL1 replied to me "Alamo I'm just ignoring you. You know my rule that I will not move until that flag is capped" I was really pissed off at him for that for 2 reasons. 1. He would not move and help me. 2. He was ignoring me for 10 minutes and wouldn't reply to me.

After a while we finally started capping. I told SL1 but he told me that an BDRM is keeping him pinned down. In the next minute one of my guys gets a LAT and tells me that the BDRM is down. SL1 still tells me that his squad is pinned down. OK. Fine.

After that the flag is still neutral and I see squad 1 moving towards the mansion. I ask him what is he doing? He tells me that they found a enemy FB at mansion. I tell him that if he gets his butt over here quick enough they won't need that FB at mansion. So that means that he will go to the mansion and leave South obj undefended but he won't leave to go to North obj. I don't understand.

After that he finally chooses to move to the North obj and help me. To help him hurry I myself (I was the closest one to the truck and I know it's not a very good idea to leave the squad without a squad leader) bring a truck to his position that is within 50-100 meters from the flag. He stops and tells me that no they won't be there in time. I was so pissed off.

Flag remains neutral. After about 30 minutes of battle another squad finally helps our squad and we clear and cap the objective within 3-4 minutes. I tell my squad to hop into a truck. 2 of us are down but we still manage to get to the village quickly and cap the flag.

Now I have a question. How much faster could have the round went if SQ1 helped me cap in the beginning?

I know this seems like just a complaining thread but there are two things that I wanted to say after.

1. Please all Squad Leaders don't be like that. I really disagree with SL1 and his actions. If someone really needs your help than please help them. It can make a difference. Especially if you can actually break "your rule" of defending the flag.

Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                            Level I HazMat Technician
                            NYS EMT-B
                            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

You probably just had a misunderstanding with the other SL'er for various possible reasons. Don't worry and keep having fun on the server! :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X