Evaluation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evaluation

You saw me going squad leader for quite some time and what I really want is evaluation of my work. Since you all know we have a lack of squad leaders so I have decided to fill that part. But I cannot be a squad leader that TG community wants without you guys telling me your perspective, from SM's perspective. I've took a basic squad leader course but there is nothing better then learning from guys that play with you in real battle.

So what ever anwser you've choosen please type out why, so I can serve you better next round. Give me examples what I've did right ( to do it again) and what I've did wrong.

NOTE: This is not a thread to boost up my confidence, so please don't spare me.

-Tim
    I like it, but there are things to be improved (I'm joining your squad whenever I can)
    80.77%
    I don't like it, beacuase... ( I won't join your squad)
    19.23%
    Last edited by orpal; 08-15-2009, 08:45 AM.

Re: Evaluation

serving under you = good times :)

regardless of mnam stalking us on ghost train :)

Comment

always good times in your squad
      unless bandaid panics on ogt ;D
      |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

I HATE being in your squad and will never join!!!

Nah just jokin heh, I enjoy being in your squad.

Comment

Well if you're flying jets...

Comment

I've been in in a squad with you but don't remember being in a squad when you were SL. I'll see if I can sneak in for feedback.
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by orpal View Post
              So what ever anwser you've choosen please type out why, so I can serve you better next round. Give me examples what I've did right ( to do it again) and what I've did wrong.
              you are awesome, what more can i say?

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
              "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Sproge The Crazy Swede

Comment

Someone just told me via xfire ( don't know why he didn't post here), that I lock squads too much.
                I will try to explain that now : I do lock the squad EVERY round, because I do want to get 2 people in that I know are familiar with PR, then I unlock it and let everybody join. From my experience I do not want to lead a squad full of unknown,untested people. It does not work, I want to get at least one guy that I know so we together can teach them tricks and tips of the game. I find that most effective, and it usually is.

On a side not guys, explain why you like or dislike my moves, I want to get a profile what good squad leader should look like.

Example : You should switch the guy that is watching an area every once in a while to keep the level of moral/joy up.

Comment

Someone just told me via xfire ( don't know why he didn't post here), that I lock squads too much.
                  I will try to explain that now : I do lock the squad EVERY round, because I do want to get 2 people in that I know are familiar with PR, then I unlock it and let everybody join. From my experience I do not want to lead a squad full of unknown,untested people. It does not work, I want to get at least one guy that I know so we together can teach them tricks and tips of the game. I find that most effective, and it usually is.
                  This is a great plan and I do it on a regular basis as well. Sometimes it is an IHS member but often it is simply someone I have had good experiences with before and want a good follower to show by example.

I also lock during a game if someone drops so they can get back in which is pretty common at TG (saving spots for disconnects). I wonder which circumstance the person was indicating, at the beginning or later in the game.
                  |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

good SL...so far! :p :D

---------
                    |TG|DarkDancer

Comment

Now there is a little attention whore :p . I may have played with you other times, but I really only remember yesterday on barracuda. I liked it, you did everything a squadleader was supposed to do, were in contact with other squadleaders, annoyed CAS till you got an airstrike. If you would have gotten us supplies for firebase and kits or called in one additional squad when things were looking tight it would have been perfect.

I have to remember the thing with the locking. My computer loads kinda slow and when I go squadleader, most of the times mooks join. You know the kinda people with an southern accent XD .

They dont listen, or are slow, or do stupid $hit.
                      My favourite was on kufrah Oilfields. I went mechanized and rolled unto oil storage. Had to tell them twice to get out, told the apc to stay back and that I would call him in when I have targets. Well I CTD and rejoin the squad to find the apc to have driven all alone to the next and last flag, yell at him to fall back, but of course he has to kill somone first, gets blown up, then the driver leaves the squad.

mooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo13 View Post
                        I may have played with you other times, but I really only remember yesterday on barracuda. I liked it, you did everything a squadleader was supposed to do, were in contact with other squadleaders, annoyed CAS till you got an airstrike. If you would have gotten us supplies for firebase and kits or called in one additional squad when things were looking tight it would have been perfect.

That was first review that I really liked, thanks. I'll have that in mind for the next time.

Now there is a little attention whore :p .
                        Again this thread is for critisizing what you didn't like so I don't do it again... And I do really mean it.

thanks Kilgore

Note : I hope this thread is useful for all squad leaders that TG has, so they can learn from my mistakes, reviews...

Comment

Orpal, I was in your squad for part of your evaluation and I have to say I thought you did very well for what it's worth. You communicated well with your sm's, explained your objectives etc and were quite positive. A few tips then :-

- Praise where justified, keeps the sm's positive. If it's not going to well, take a breath and re-evaluate your approach

- Maintain comms discipline, chat when it's quiet, be friendly with your squad but when the time comes just say, "right down to business, clear comms please". It's polite and concise, if chat continues just say it louder, twice should be enough

- Practice, practice, practice basic infantry stuff over and over. Basic fire and move, covering fire, flanking, use of smoke, cover and decoy etc. Forget CAS, sabotage, recon, all that jazz. Just drill on running an extremely effective combat unit. I can't stress this one enough, there are very few things harder to deal with than a squad that does basic fire and movement really well. Using cover, covering fire, suppression and flanking you will wipe the floor with most opponents.

I mention these things not because I believe you are weak in those areas, merely because I think they are fundamentals in good infantry sl's and you need to constantly remind yourself to do them, every round, lol I know I do.
                          Falling back on the basics usually allows me to get my head out of my ass when I am having a bad day and start doing something halfway effective.

Keep watching other players and learning from them, chances are you already know most of it, it will just serve as a reminder.

Basically just keep doing what you are doing mate, we can always use good infantry SL's.:)

Comment

Praise where justified, keeps the sm's positive. If it's not going to well, take a breath and re-evaluate your approach
                            That I usually lack of, If something goes wrong and I'm playing for a long time ( been playing several rounds before) I do often get quite negative about the whole situation. And the only guy here at TG that does stated above is TMAN, man that guy is never in a bad moode, or rude to the other guys. That ability I admire more then most of the others.

Practice, practice, practice basic infantry stuff over and over. Basic fire and move, covering fire, flanking, use of smoke, cover and decoy etc. Forget CAS, sabotage, recon, all that jazz. Just drill on running an extremely effective combat unit
                            I've found the most valuable asset squad leader can have is practice. As a squad leader you must know the map and how it is suppose to be played. When you got the basic things settled down keep doing them over and over again until you find the sweet spot.

Thank you Wickens for your review.

Comment

And the only guy here at TG that does stated above is TMAN, man that guy is never in a bad moode, or rude to the other guys.
                              After a lot of rounds together with TMAN I can say - This is so true!!

---------
                              |TG|DarkDancer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...