Operation Archer US Fail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Archer US Fail

I noticed that on both Operation archer and Korengal the US has a hard time lately, especially on Archer.

The main reason is, that the taliban can set up easily and hold a sizeable force on the cache, while the US tends to trickle in on a cache location.

I cooked up a guide, see the link for details.

Re: Operation Archer US Fail

Good guide.
    The only thing its usually tough to gather 3 squads on US team and have them do something like that

Comment

I've found that, on Korengal, without the Stryker it's pretty hard to get the momentum necessary to win the game.

Comment

Originally posted by RememberTheAlamo View Post
        Good guide.
        The only thing its usually tough to gather 3 squads on US team and have them do something like that
        Mumble. SL's of the inf squads and the helo quad force-center, and then coordinate between the SMs as attacking. Also, having 3 SL's who know each other and who have worked together would be a great help.
        "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

I was kind of hoping that these kind of hints encourage squadleaders to remember that you can not only coordinate within your squad, but that you can also coordinate with other squads. Its what wins the game, having the right assets at the right place at the right time.

If you keep sending single squads at a hardpoint, no matter what gamemode, you are going to lose tickets, because 18 guys going in one after the other are as effective as one guy going in one after the other.

If you rally someplace and enter the objective in force its different.

Comment

if you are looking for a short answer here

insurgency takes a lot of coordination and teamwork, and that is lacking lately. If it exists, it is on one side.
            Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

try some bait and switch
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Fact: taliban is a lot easier to play than insurgents itself. They got rallies, requestable kits including AA, medics that aren't civies and the whole shabang... Not to mention the horrible amount of technicals they get + the big red on Archer..

Add to that people that abandon Humvees around and don't give them the respect they need, pilots crashing Hueys all over the place and infantry not playing together and, well, you know...

On Korengal, placing a FB is hell already, let alone keeping it alive. And when a cache spawns inside a cave or near an insurgent fixed spawn, well, you get the idea too...

I agree with ya, US is having a lot of trouble on Taliban based maps...
                |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

hmm there were some ieds whores around lately on both of these maps too...:D
                  i remember that from the last archer we played. during parts of this round we didnt let any US guy out of their main. simple but effective ^^
                  |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

The usual problem is pretty simple. The "Blufor Teamswitch Whore Effect" is greatly amplified on insurgency maps because they don't have leet assets, kits, or comforting scopes that make you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside because you are deluding yourself into thinking you have some sort of imaginary advantage despite your crippling lack of teamwork and skill.

It is helpful to remember that if you are trying to SL Blufor on an insurgency map, you have the noobs on your side. Knowing is 1/2 the battle!
                    |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
                    sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
                    I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

I too have noticed that taliban maps especially are very hard for the bluefor team. The one way to win on those would go back to the good old convoy and the basics of having a convoy. You can't so much do a convoy on korengal but you can have the squads walk together and cover each other.

Another thing that the bluefor has to be careful with is looseing their auto rifles. In the hands of a well placed insurgent those can really mess up an attack. I would reccomend not taking auto rifles if you are going to be assaulting a tight place where there is a good chance you will lose it and just leave it to the covering element.
                      |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

All you need is 2 squads working together.

1 squad advances, the other keeps covered. Move in in a leap-drog like movement. Those in the rear take up the front, settle and position. and so on.

Comment

Again, I don't believe Iraqi Insurgent maps are too hard. Insurgents had little changes in the last patch, but none too big. However, the Taliban is much more like playing a standard army, with the exception they don't have access to scopes and some of the better weapons coalition has.... They don't get as many mines or IEDs like the insurgents do, but they get rallies, requestable kits and so forth...

As an insurgent, if you're and RPGer you don't get a gun and you can only get those from caches. You can request them as Taliban... As insurgent, you can spawn on the cache while it doesn't fade and you can spawn on a hideout if someone was smart enough to build one near the cache... If you loose the hideout, chances are you won't be able to defend.

Much are the things that make taliban being easier to play. Add asset wasting, base raping and some other stuff around and you have 70-0, 80-0 rounds like I've been experiencing lately...
                          |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

I dont think it is so much the fact that Taliban can deploy rallies, but that the Taliban maps are vast, and US troops tend to be far more scattered than on maps like Fallujah and Basra. If 2-3 squads would build up their forces and go in toegether it would be very hard for the Taliban to hold a cache.

But yes, there are maps where the Coalition has the advantage, like Basrah with all the hardware they get and maps like Korengal valley, where the us needs to fight down a street and secure it just to move a truck to build a firebase.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisweb89 View Post
                              I too have noticed that taliban maps especially are very hard for the bluefor team. The one way to win on those would go back to the good old convoy and the basics of having a convoy. You can't so much do a convoy on korengal but you can have the squads walk together and cover each other.

Another thing that the bluefor has to be careful with is looseing their auto rifles. In the hands of a well placed insurgent those can really mess up an attack. I would reccomend not taking auto rifles if you are going to be assaulting a tight place where there is a good chance you will lose it and just leave it to the covering element.
                              What's great about Infantry "convoys" (especially if they're on mumble) is that there aren't any vehicles to loose tickets.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X