Bunnyhopping!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunnyhopping!

I'm sorry! I truly am. I suppose it comes from my days as a hardcore CS:S gamer...

When I am startled sometimes it's a reflex to hit the spacebar.

I know it's against the rules. I never do it more than once. I don't do it with the (conscious) intention of avoiding fire.

My problem is: I don't know how to stop.

Now let me pause here to say this has only happened about 3 times in the last 2 months. It isn't a common thing; probably because I don't get startled much in this game. I bring this up because it happened today and I got called out by my SL and didn't really know what to say, he was right.

I can't promise you it will never happen again. But there are a few things I can promise:

1) I'll never jump on purpose.
    2) I'll never jump more than once.
    3) I'll never complain of someone else jumping only once.
    4) I'll never complain if I get kicked for jumping if I jumped. I know that's the rule and what I probably deserve anyway.

sry.
    |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
    sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
    I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Re: Bunnyhopping!

If I do this, which I do on occasion by hitting the wrong button or something, I'll pull out my patch and walk out in front of the enemy and allow myself to be shot and then give up, often with an apology on all-chat. I see that as an an acceptable repayment for my (accidental) sin, to ensure that I didn't actually avoid what would've been a fatal blow by jumping.

Comment

Remove your spacebar, problem solved.
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Or use some other key for jumping, that way you can still use it to get pass those horrible streets where you have to jump to pass an obstacle less than 30cm height D:

In-Game: |TG-Irr|Dreves

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
          Remove your spacebar, problem solved.
          You got it!

| |

Comment

Rebind it to something else for a while, it will break the habbit.

Youve just taken the first step towards recovery... Admitting you have a problem... ;)

Comment

I do that on occasion, too, when I'm startled.

EEK! (hop)

Then I have to keep doing it, to pretend like I do it all the time.

"I do this all the time. It's the third stage of syphilis!"
              |TG-6th|Belhade
              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

But that's not bunnyhopping. I thought bunnyhopping was the repeated jumping over and over. I know I've gotten startled like that, there shouldn't, or isn't, be anything wrong with it. If you do 1 jump on purpose, that's different.

I guess people who do that on purpose could use that as an excuse, sort of slipping inbetween the rules I guess.

sigpic

Comment

Dont you guys have fire, jump and crouch, prone on the same button?
                  I thought you were supposed to.. ;)
                  Last edited by Donrhos; 08-18-2009, 06:35 AM.

Comment

if cover is near then i will use the jump action to get into it or if climbing tricky hills such as korengal

Comment

I'll tell ya, I had problems once I came from vBF2 too, but I learned to control myself. I put on my head that whenever I hear the bullets and my vision goes out the window, instead of jumping I'll either stand up and run or take cover.

I can gladly say I don't bunnyhop anymore, just on most insurgent maps, where you are forced to jump on some sidewalks to be able to cross them (talk about weirdness).

God, this feels like an AA meeting :p
                      |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Rebinding the key! Never thought of that!

That just may work.
                        |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
                        sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
                        I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

I used to have the same problem from hopping on BF2. My hand normally rests on my keyboard with my fingers touching the W, A, D, Shift and Spacebar but once I moved my thumb to sit below the spacebar, to bunnyhop as a reaction would require movement of my thumb which gave me a chance to stop it. No longer jump as a reaction unless maybe something really scared the crap out of me, like a headcrab coming out of no where in HL2 ;]

Comment

Or you could just come up with a new badge of shame....the bunny hoppers anonymous pin.

Comment

removalofspacebarcomplete,howeverIamatworkandIdon' tthinkmybossisgoingtobehappythatIremovedmyspacebar .
                              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                              Level I HazMat Technician
                              NYS EMT-B
                              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...