Ribbons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribbons

Please congratulate your fellow TG players on their achievements! Also, please remember it only takes a few minutes to nominate one of your teammates for a ribbon (see the link in my signature). Keep those nominations coming in.

Distinguished Air Cavalry(class1)

Recommended Award:
    Distinguished Air Cavalry (Class I)

Game/Server:
    Project Reality Mod, TG Server

Place and Time:
    TG Kashan 32 Internal Scrim 7/19/09

Nominee:
    Soupy_Norman

Nomination:
    Soupy_Norman was assigned to my helo squad at the start of the scrim to help in the transport of two squads of infantry to and from South Village. From the start of the round I knew he was very competent and understood his orders (we had scouted out the LZ before to make sure there was no mix-up on the area).

So the round starts, and everything goes as planned: the infantry squads load up, Soupy and I drop them off at South Village to harrass the enemy forces, and we return to base. This is where it starts to get a little hectic. The infantry squads had completed their task at South Village and it was time again to pick them up. This time Soupy and SuperCobra fly down to the village and execute a flawless extraction. Flying in formation back towards the main base, intel comes in of a hostile APC along our flight path. Instantly after informing Soupy of the intel we execute a hard right to avoid it. The orders then come in to drop off the infantry at LZ Bravo near North Village. As we're approaching and could actually see the designated LZ, intel comes in again of hostile APCs attacking the Bravo area and the order is given to cancel the drop. Quickly making a judgement call, Soupy swings the Blackhawk back to the cover of some hills by our main as we wait out the attack. Finally after the attack is suppressed we attempt a quick drop of the infantry at the compromised LZ. And after much quick dodging of hostiles and rapid changes in orders, the drop is finally successful.

Soupy's superior flying skills as well as his quick ability to follow incoming intel and orders went above the call today as he went against a number of odds to still finish the mission.

--------------------------------------------

Valorous Unit(class1)

Who?
    |TG-69th|chrisweb89
    |TG-69th|Mix0lydian
    [PR]NATO|Mongol
    Silly_Savage
    |TG-69th|ACOGRecon (SL)

What?
    Valorous Unit

Where?
    |TG| Public Server - Kashan Desert 32 Player layer

When?
    July 26, 2009
    6pm-9pm EST

How?
    For their actions in a round of Kashan 32, I must commend my Close Air Support squad for incredibly flexibility, unit cohesion, and teamwork above all else. The squad was split up into three groups Havok-1 ([PR]NATO|Mongol, Silly_Savage), Havok-2 (|TG-69th|chrisweb89, |TG-69th|Mix0lydian), and Forward Air Controller (myself). It was our tactic that each Havok would provide mutual support to each other in the case of air or ground targets that might be a threat to one or both Helicopters. Both groups of pilot and gunner acted as if they were one, always making sure to check each others 6-o'clock, and staying in contact with the FAC in order to provide support to the grunts on the ground.

Many times infantry squads found themselves against superior numbers, but with quick thinking and a constantly updating situational awareness, the Havoks fought off any advance, holding the US Team's advance to North Village. Any attacks that captured the flags of the North or South Bunker were fought off quickly and skillfully with tenaciousness, providing maximum damage to the other team, with minimum casualties inflicted on our side.

A final tally estimates that 5 Abrams MBT, 3 Bradley IFV, 4 Avenger AAA, 6 Apache, 3 Blackhawk Helicopters, and 2 Little Birds Helicopters were destroyed. All in all 62 confirmed kills were recorded.

While the end score might not reflect how the actions of the individual members of this squad helped turn the tide, it is the conviction of this squad leader that the members of this squad went above and beyond the call of duty to support and provide an advantage to our team that might not have existed if not for selfless actions by a determined unit willing to do whatever it takes to win

Distinguished Commander(class1)

Recommended Award:
    Distinguished Commander

Game/Server:
    Tactical Gamer - Project Reality

Place and Time:
    Sunday. July 19th Approximately 6pm GMT-5
    Kashan32 Internal Scrim

Nomination:
    |TG-X|Portable.Cougar, while commanding the U.S. side during the Kashan32 Internal Scrim, led our side to a commanding victory utilizing a skill set that that has been developed through years of leadership in the Tactical Gamer - Project Reality community and not often seen outside of a round in which he takes command.

After a long planning session prior to the start of the scrim, in which Cougar laid out and patiently communicated a highly detailed plan to his squad leaders, we began the round. Rolling out with the immediate goal being to delay the MEC by inflicting as many casualties as possible while delaying the capture of the South Village flag with infantry supported with HAT's, Cougar set our team is motion.

While the initial offensive thrust was in the southern portion of the map, Cougar set the northern units on the defense. Northern forces consisted of Bradley AFV's and the Apache with on the ground intellegence provided by spotter units.

Weakening / delaying the MEC at South Village was hoped would allow the US forces an easier time in taking the bunker flags in the center of the map.

Despite the good work of our HAT equipped infantry down south we found the MEC forces eventually captured not only South Village, but also North and South Bunker. MEC defenses were in place at North Bunker by the time we were ready for our 1st assault on that flag. These defenses could not be eliminated despite the US team's best efforts, making our intial and future assaults costly.

Concurring with our early attacks on North Bunker, the MEC began its own attacks in the northern sector of the map using their armored forces.

The combination of our inability to move forward and the MEC's attack prompted Cougar to change his tactics.
    He realized that our anti tank weaponry was making good kills against the enemy armor that kept attacking towards North Village, so he changed our tactics to the defense of most of the avenues of approach to that flag.

This alone won us the game. Rather than us expend tickets, he realized that if the enemy was going to keep pushing us with their armor, all we had to do was keep killing it and the loss in MEC assets would cost them too many tickets to win.

The US forces won handily at rounds end.

|TG-X|Portable.Cougar used his intimate knowledge of the map, attention to detail and clear instructions to his squad leaders, followed by situational awareness and tactical flexibility in leading us to victory over the MEC at Kashan. The use of these skills is the reason we won more than any other and the reason it is my honor and privledge to submit this well deserved award nomination to you.

Distinguished Air Cavalry(class1)

Who : |TG-E49|StealthBanana

Where : Kashan desert 25.7.2009, 12:00 -2.00 AM GMT+1

Game : Project Reality .86

What : Distinguished Close Air Support- Air

How : Round started as me and Banana went into the same squad. Instead of standing around we decided to build a FB inside NB to help our team out.
    We also made a second FB in d6 area to help the team out - all of what was his idea.

We manage to get back just for the apache, as me flying and he gunning, but my typing skills manage to press ''e'' by accident 30 feet of the ground, and we crashed on the hesco

He somehow survived and got hold of a LB since no one took it. Once again his knowledge of the map and experience took us up to 1400 feet in anticipation to intercept an enemy Havoc. We spotted one just NW from the bunkers and as we got behind him (he was hovering at about 600 ) we took him out. With only 300 bullets left in that chopper we started heading south, south east until we started heading back to main. I already started typing to the team that we took one havoc down, but somehow banana was more busy spotting another transport chopper below us then celebrating. That chopper was holding noting less then 6 people in it, we took it down with first 100 bullets, amazing.

So we successfully managed to return to base even when we were engaged by an enemy Brdm, my pilot stayed cool headed and evade that pest.

Minute passed and we stared heading to SB to check for second havoc, and there you go he yet spotted ANOTHER attack chopper, while me as a co-pilot didn't have a clue what was going on. Before you could know it he shot him down without he knowing what hit him. Team was really pleased with his performance and stared blaming me for all the kills ( banana didn't really exposed himself as a killer of their whole CAS).

As game involved on there was no targets for us to hit (probably MEC got quite scared from that LB ), we landed and grabbed that freshly spawned apache. I was flying and he was gunning, so we started heading for our first laser target. We got him with no trouble at all, knowing I can relay on my gunner. We killed some more targets until friendly AA missile got carried away and hit us instead. We build some more FB's on strategic points untill our apache respawned. By that time MEC was already holding the NV, so as no INF got their fast enough from bunkers there were NO laseres.
    So I once more had to relay on my gunner to take that armor by himself, and he did, with no more than 2 rockets for each tank and some .30 cal fire for INF. Once more we cleared out the area for our Team. As we were doing some more strafing runs on different part of the map, we got an info of hovering havoc over NV. INF got him lased, and no more than 10 seconds later we came to destroy him with laser targeted hellfire, a glamorous look.

Our team seemed to lost their ground and we lost South outpost as well, making baseraping possible. As we were coming back from another strafing run that ended in destroying a tank, we got hit by Havoc's AA missile 50 meters away from our main. That ended our apache round for that game, and Banana got out with more than 20 kills.

Why I wrote this nomination you might say ? And NO its not because hes one of the E49's finest, its because of his performance that day. If I got a dollar from any gunner that sat in my apache and asked ''Yo dude where are the rocketsssssssss'', I would be a rich man. So there is more then needed to point out those who can handle their business.

I hope this ribbon get accepted because its truly deserved.
    Who?
    |TG-E49|STealthBanana; forum name: "STealthBanana"

What?
    Distinguished Air Cavalry

Where?
    Kashan Desert (Helicopter layout), TG PR public Server

When?
    19th June 2009

How?
    When I joined the game mid-round on the US side I accidentially joined the CAS-squad which later on I took over as Squad-Leader. When I chose to do some spotting in the mountains around North Village StealthBanana joined my squad. He volunteered for piloting the Scout-Chopper.

|TG-E49|STealthBanana distingushed himself by
    1. following orders precisely and effectively
    2. being aware of the battle field while in the chopper thus being able to provide intel about enemy movement and keeping the chopper as a vital asset alive
    3. genarally supporting the ground troops by providing supression fire on enemy infantry
    4. being instrumental at successfully up-holding air-superiority for your team

Detailed Report:
    StealthBanana was on Teamspeak which eased my coordination for he could take direct orders from the commander, which he of course kept me informed on. Due to my choice of role as a Spotter for the choppers I was able to aquire targets for him.
    His primary self assigned role was to keep up air-superiority by eliminating enemy threats posed by Havocs. He successfully engaged and eliminated at least 4 Havocs. Two of those, which i spotted, he took down each within less than two minutes after the spot and therefore providing superb protection for the ground troops.
    When enemies camped the Northern bunkers he was able to barrage this infantry keeping them suppressed and easing the advance on the objective.
    Although being on scouting jobs in hostile territory, as i ordered him to, he kept the chopper up and provided the desired intel.
    He also only lost the chopper once within 2 hours.
    I dare say he was a vital part of achieving our victory for that round!

Summery
    I am impressed by his skills of flying the chopper as well as working as a teamplayer and being an example of a subordinate all at once.
    It was a pleasure to have this capable and experienced pilot in my squad, thank you |TG-E49|STealthBanana!

Distinguished Armor(class1)

Who?
    |TG-69|Chrisweb89

What?
    Distinguished Armor

Where?
    Kashan Desert

When?
    July 22, 2009.

How?
    Chris and I decided to run BMPs on Kashan 32. I had only used the BMP once, in .8, on Al Kufrah, so naturally, I was a bit hesitant. He assured me that things would be fine and we left our main and headed for bunkers. On the way, he told me about all the different weapons on the BMP, and which ones took out armor, infantry, Apaches, etc. We pulled up at bunkers and capped it. He spotted a Bradley on the hills to the East, which I successfully engaged and killed. We continued to fire upon infantry and trucks until our BMP glitched into a wall and blew up.

We grabbed another BMP and set out. With the assistance of Chris, I was able to successfully kill loads of infantry, as well as 2 Abrams, 1 Apache, multiple Bradleys, 2 Blackhawks, and countless trucks. We destroyed e different FB's along the way. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, our team lost both bunkers, and we returned to base for repairs and ammo. By this time, our BMP had already been hit critically (either on fire or sirens blaring) over 8 times, but Chris' skills at driving and navigating ensured that we got back to a repair station in time. We rearmed and set off to defend South Village. We dropped of an infantry squad off near the Village and then circled around it to destroy another enemy FB, along with a few infantry. We scaled the hill to the East of Village, where we were able to destroy 2 incoming Blackhawks full of infantry, effectively killing half of their team. Unfortunately, we ran out of luck as a camoflouged and waiting Abrams killed up. At this point in time, I had 84 kills and Chris had 4 himself.

We grabbed another BMP, but the round ended before we could engage any targets.

I ended the round with 84 kills, and Chris had 4, with 3 deaths each (one from the wall glitch). Not only did I have the highest scoring round of my entire PR experience, but I also learned how to use a BMP confidently. None of this could have been achieved without the help of Chris.

Distinguished Tactician(class2)

Award Recommendation: Distinguished tactican

Game: PR

Nominee: Portable.Cougar

Period Covered: July 20th, 21:00-00:00 GMT

For the Kashan 32 scrim, Cougar commanded the US team, and before even starting, he used his secret weapon of Mumble for the entire US team, which enables perfect communication. His next secret strategy was a rush of south village with 2 hat kits, catching the entire MEC armoured squad unaware and destroying them. He then organized a defence of north village by overwatching the bunkers on the D3 ridge, which tied up most of their team in defending. He remained calm under the MEC advances at north village, and organized the counter attack so that north village wasn't lost. He remained happy under the losses our team suffered, as well as the blazing heat at his PC and the
    moods of some of the SL's about their losses.
    |TG-X|cola88

|
    |

Re: Ribbons

Congratulations, keep up the good work.

sigpic

Comment

Right on guys, great work! :)
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

All well deserved. Nice work! :D

Comment

Hehehe. I would be one of the guys asking what does what in an BDRM/Bradley/Apache/heli. Man, I'm still trying to figure how you stay on the rotors as they whirl round and around! Such eviulness :(

Is it crouch? I tend to prefer that when a steep bank occurs so I can get up and leg it.

All very well deserved and a credit to tactics and the thought of others employed :)

Comment

Nice job everyone.

Comment

Well done guys, all deserved!

Comment

congrats

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

thanks and congratz to everyone else :)
                  |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

congrats

| | | |

Comment

Thanks for the nomination and congrats to everyone who received!
                      Nihility

Comment

Good job guys!

Comment

woot!
                          |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
                          sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
                          I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

Congrats everyone!
                            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X