Involuntary teamswitching.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Involuntary teamswitching.

So, this has happened a couple times in the past - someone randomly gets switched to the other team, and they either just wander around on the other team or ragequit, but it generally doesn't happen often. However, tonight, on 2 consecutive maps, I got teamswitched from the winning team when the losing team had less than 10 tickets left. Obviously there's not much that's going to happen with 10 tickets left, but I liked the team I was on and the squad I was with, and if it had been earlier in the game it would have been quite annoying.

So, 2 questions.

1. If someone gets randomly teamswitched during the game, can and/or will an admin switch them back?

2. More importantly, is there anything I can do to not get randomly switched once I'm already on a team?
    "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Re: Involuntary teamswitching.

If I get auto-switched, I just wait it out. Usually takes no longer than 5 minutes for things to even out. Then, switch back. Hasn't happened in a while, but when it did, I was just killed in an intense firefight. It was a lil bit annoying. :)
    sigpic
    I'm Back.

Comment

1- I believe not

2- No, there's not anything you can do other than pray to the game not to choose you

3- Yes, it sucks hairy ass
      |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Ask if an admin can switch you, if I'm watching CC and someone gets forced to the wrong team I will most likely switch you over if possible. If an admins busy though, don't push it :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Please ask

if I'm on I have cc up on the other comp and can do it quick.
          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I will do it if I have time and I am not in the middle of a firefight.
            sigpic

Comment

I has been switched back once by our admins - but like Bandaid said you can wait 5 minutes and switch yourself back too.

---------
              |TG|DarkDancer

Comment

Personally as part of the Supporting Membership I think part of that should be you don't get teamswitched. Which would be nice if possible.

Though if the teams are unfair alot of players who are supporting members will move across anyway

Comment

A hell of a lot of regulars move in the wrong direction as well lol hence the involuntary teamswitching!

Comment

I dunno, after a game or two of absolute annihilation alot of players get bored and sitch teams so I've noticed on TS and ingame

Comment

Really pisses me off when you get team switched from insurge to US team, or vica versa. The diversity between those sides is a pain :D
                      Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by fullkontact View Post
                        I dunno, after a game or two of absolute annihilation alot of players get bored and sitch teams so I've noticed on TS and ingame
                        Well, I have seen this and gawped at the insanity of it. This has got to be said and expect flak, but it is real, so I don't know why people would like to hide behind other more higher moral values. So this next is not going to sound rather skipping-through-the-meadow-hand-in-hand, as this is the reality and not some laughing, altruistic act that sets this off, and forces others after a few maps to switch in order the community has fun and a fair fight:

Those players are usually consistently the ones that want to balance out the stilted balance, after other players consistently switch to usually a US (or UK) team in Insurancy, or because of 'cooler' assets (e.g TOW HMV, Tanks and so on Insurgancy, map layout, tactics, and overall aim or positions of team in the maps, or even just weapons)..

1. On arrival if on wrong team and map is playing, or will be in about 3, switch.
                        2. Others switch to your team - on the grounds of playing with friends.
                        3. Inbalance occurs, team with non-regs loose consistently.
                        4. People log off.
                        5. Map appears but who cares.
                        6. Failing 5. It's no bother anyway as assets on the team or being on the side to try something out over-rides all else, faining friendships and goodliness.
                        7. People who consistently move away from such selfish behaviour switch to loosing team to balance out the hypocracy.
                        8. People who don't switch get switched anyway due to people loging off and have a hard time trying to get back to their team - if at all they can - that they have been playing all night with.
                        9. Those that have been on the loosing team and stayed continue and shake heads as per some on the 'cool' team, as they prefer to be in the team they are originally placed at the beginning for some stupid reason like community and teamwork.
                        10. Only with the notion of community and teamwork do players switch to balance out the teams, after it has been eroded by others originally switching who think of other things more to do with themselves.
                        11. Sometimes, players don't want to be caught out and so pretend to be happy and honourable about being switched or switching to the 'loosing team' and having 'less assets' or 'ability to try out a cool tactic'.

Comment

I've seen more and more respectable players switching teams because they are uneven. You definitely got my respect for that.

Comment

Originally posted by sporkife View Post
                            2. More importantly, is there anything I can do to not get randomly switched once I'm already on a team?
                            Dont die. The autobalance system picks who to switch by checking who died first of all the non-spawned players or automatically switches over the first player to despawn.

Comment

Originally posted by orpal View Post
                              I've seen more and more respectable players switching teams because they are uneven. You definitely got my respect for that.
                              Me too. And I hope this momentum continues.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X