Lasing troubles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lasing troubles

When I lase a target I should see a green square on the target. Sometimes I do, most of the times I dont. Why is that and does it affect my lazes ?

Re: Lasing troubles

There is usually a lase on the target even if you don't see it, just take a rifle out and select binoculars again and you should see the lase...

Comment

orpall is right. It's a bit buggy at times

Comment

The one thing you have to watch for is having a clear line of sight to your target. If you try to lase from inside a building or behind a bush for example there is a chance that your lase will catch on an edge and lase yourself.

This happened the other night on Barracuda when someone on the PLA was lasing Cougars position. I ended up TK'ing Cougar but came back and found the culprit had lased himself (he ate all 14 rockets). Didn't have a problem with false lases after that...

Comment

Good tips! Thanks for bringing it up too.

Comment

Yes you can lase yourself. Sometimes that can end up ugly, I.E. whining sound coming closer and closer...

Thanks for that Orpal. I hate when I can't see the lase.

sigpic

Comment

Nvm I found out my problem, I pressed t and leftclick which only makes him say lasing target instead of left click only.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo13 View Post
                Nvm I found out my problem, I pressed t and leftclick which only makes him say lasing target instead of left click only.
                From what you just said it sounds like you are lasing wrong unless you forgot to type a step. Remember to lase left click while zoomed in the SOFLAM, it will send a lase out if you can see it or not. Sometimes you get a glitche where you can't see it but switching weapons can usually solve this, other times you are not able to lase terrain or the lase hits it and dissapears. For lasing terrain its a lot harder and the lase doesn't always like to stick so try to make sure you see the green box sticking to the ground.

The only time as a pilot or FAC I want or would use the "sending laser target" called out is when the grid, if it can be lased, blah blah has already been communicated and that single is just indicating when the lase is ready. Also make sure you don't send this message until you have confirmed there is a lase there so you don't risk the asset or payload on a bad lase. Another hint when laseing would be make sure the lase will be visible from all sides or tell the asset to approach from a certain angle so he is able to see the laser, ths is especially true for maps like muutrah with the buildings, kashan near the bunkers, barracuda with trees and karbala with all the buildings
                |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Isn't there a minimum and maximum range for the SOFLAM? I never see the green box when I am close to my target (say <100m) even if I switch weapons and come back.
                  |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                    Isn't there a minimum and maximum range for the SOFLAM? I never see the green box when I am close to my target (say <100m) even if I switch weapons and come back.

There is no such thing as minumum and maximum range for SOFLAM. You can lase a target few feet away from you. Only thing that I've seen more often is that SOFLAM is bugged making it impossible to lase a target no matter what the range. Similar to move markers.

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                      I have lazed my feet on a few occasions, to answer this question. No. There is no minimum range... However I would hazard to guess there is a maximum, but it is likely very far (like 1000m) so as to stop long-range lazing but still be able to laze anything in viewdistance.

Comment

Warehouse the soflam has an infinite range and no minimum range so you can easily lase yourself if or a last ditch lase a vehicle running you over. SOmetimes if the lased vehicle is right beside you, you can't see it because i think the lase is sticking to a different part of the vehicle than you are looking at with your SOFLAM, this only happens at extreme cloe range for me though.
                        |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

I love it when you stick lases on helicopter main rotors and the lase spins with the rotor.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chrisweb89 View Post
                            Warehouse the soflam has an infinite range and no minimum range so you can easily lase yourself if or a last ditch lase a vehicle running you over. SOmetimes if the lased vehicle is right beside you, you can't see it because i think the lase is sticking to a different part of the vehicle than you are looking at with your SOFLAM, this only happens at extreme cloe range for me though.
                            I have this dream now:

To crouch on top of an enemy tank in the midst of battle, peering down the hatch with the old binos out screaming "Lazing Target"!

Comment

Another thing to keep in mind as well; the actual "lase" object travels about the same speed as the bmp's 100mm shell (slower than a TOW). If you're lasing a distant target just wait a few seconds for it to reach the target and it will show.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X