Cache Strength

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cache Strength

So yesterday while playing Archer I made the embarrassing mistake (playing as the taliban) of shooting the cache while trying select a kit from it. I apologized for it, and moved on so this isn't a thread about that, but I just want to clarify in the future just how weak is the cache. Is it really possible for one bullet to destroy the cache (as I had done) or was I just the unlucky fellow that shot it after it was already damaged?

Re: Cache Strength

It's possible to destroy a cache if you unload several clips into it but not with one shot. If the cache was smoking or something than someone before you had shot at it.

Comment

I've noticed that with buckshot shotgun you can destroy in 1 hit occasionally. I think a potential bug. Not sure. But I've done it myself at start of map

Comment

Only under the straw that broke the camels back theory. You could destroy a black hawk with a single bullet under the same concept.

Comment

THing is though, buckshot fires several bullets doesn't it? Close range = more impact?

Therefore it could cause alot of damage

Comment

breaching slug might be one shot kill? Did you hit the weight bearing table leg?
            |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
            sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
            I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

lmao, I literally went to go select a kit with the standard AK. The menu glitched or I accidentally released the t button, and it was one shot, I'm sure of that...It then caught on fire, and then blew up...I guess it was already damaged then... weird...alright thanks guys, just wanted to check up about that.

Comment

if you hit the cache with some kind of missle/rocket it blows up instantly.
                H-AT, L-AT, hellfire or even an AA missle (lot of splash damage)
                if you are close enough you can take it out with any rifle i think. just empty your clip on it.
                takes even less bullets from a saw.. that's what i know
                |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaHawk12 View Post
                  lmao, I literally went to go select a kit with the standard AK. The menu glitched or I accidentally released the t button, and it was one shot, I'm sure of that...It then caught on fire, and then blew up...I guess it was already damaged then... weird...alright thanks guys, just wanted to check up about that.
                  That cache was the victim of not one but, TWO Artillery strikes. You could have farted in it's general direction and it would have gone off.

I don't even remember getting the message that it was destroyed by a traitor.
                  What's weird about a young goats head, smoking a joint, tied with a scarf to a mobile artillery gun? - Jeepo

Killing threads since 2007

| |

Comment

Originally posted by STealthBanana View Post
                    if you hit the cache with some kind of missle/rocket it blows up instantly.
                    H-AT, L-AT, hellfire or even an AA missle (lot of splash damage)
                    if you are close enough you can take it out with any rifle i think. just empty your clip on it.
                    takes even less bullets from a saw.. that's what i know
                    I think it actually takes 2 L-ATs. I've tried it with the RPG (not on an actual server) and it takes 2 hits directly to kill it.

What I find odd is that in the manual it points out that caches can only be destroyed with enough grenades or preferably an incendiary grenade. But normal bullets can kill it.

sigpic

Comment

it has damage like everyting else.... I'm sure if you had enough .50's trained on a tank you could destroy it. Might be something to test on a training server....

Comment

Originally posted by fullkontact View Post
                        it has damage like everyting else.... I'm sure if you had enough .50's trained on a tank you could destroy it. Might be something to test on a training server....
                        Training servers dont support insurgency so I would create a local server and try it

Comment

Originally posted by Berlancic View Post
                          What I find odd is that in the manual it points out that caches can only be destroyed with enough grenades or preferably an incendiary grenade
                          I wish this was the case, it would make playing as Taliban a lot safer. Alamo will tell you I have blown caches in-side buildings with IED's and mines I thought would be far enough away. I think that's kinda unfair really. If the IED is far enough away that is doesn't damage a person it kinda sucks that it blows a cache. Especially when its inside :(

Comment

The distance an IED will blow a cache, even through walls, etc. is thirty meters by experience. Anything beyond that is fine. Firty I think, for the Arty IED, but I haven't tested it so don't quote me.

Comment

2 mags or a couple of grenades will do it in a pinch. This is one of the reasons why I pull out my shovel when I'm using the Q-rose and why I hate q-spotting in an APC since I have a 50/50 chance of firing off a TOW by mistake.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X