Battlefield 2 v1.5 Patch Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 v1.5 Patch Released

I know there is a sticky about this, but am posting it because most people seems to never check the stickies (i.e. all the people complaining about being kicked for TK without ever playing at TG :row__531: )

Link:
    Download: Battlefield 2 v1.5 Patch

As the sticky thread says though, DO NOT DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL unless you know how to run 2 separate installations of PR/BF2. Disposable said TG will not update till Reality Mod team releases a new version.

But just to mention the new stuff, I have to say I'm not at all thankful for them including the 2 bonus packs for free. It just means a much more massive download for stuff I will never use.

And what really blows my mind is the first thing on the list......."Additional support for Windows Vista". Thanks guys. Your about 3 years or so late. But at least there is wide screen support and the ability to use more than 2 gigs of ram.

By the way, the site linked above is a really good site for fast download speeds. You don't have to register or anything, and I have always had really good speeds.

Battlefield 2 v1.5 Patch Change List

Features
    - Additional support for Windows Vista.
    - Added Highway Tampa as a required map.
    - Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
    - Added Euro Force and Armored Fury as free to play content for all Battlefield 2 players.
    - Added Widescreen support
    - Allowed BF2.exe to use more than 2Gb RAM
    - Added support for the Novint Falcon controller

Gameplay Tweaks
    - Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced.
    - AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
    - Added checks to prevent "runway grieving".
    - Various changes made to prevent cheating.
    - Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model.
    - Occasional connection drops after being on a server a couple of minutes - Fixed
    - Prevented use of mouse wheel to provide speed boost to vehicles
    - Prevented use of mouse wheel to exploit parachutes
    - Players can now pass claymores by going prone
    - Update the HUD on TV Guided missiles to increase visibility on maps like Dragon Valley
    - Added Battlefield 2142 style prone deviation (going prone will now cause reduced accuracy for a brief period)

Bug Fixes
    - Fixed the issue where picking up a players kit would cause CTD
    - Updated BF2OpenAL.dll from version 1.1.1.0 to version 2.1.8.1
    - Updated ch_gas_station collision mesh on Dragon Valley to be consistent with other gas station buildings
    - Fixed the issue where MEC artillery piece on Operation Clean Sweep changes to the USMC's control when they capture the Airfield flag
    - Updated the Challenger2 HUD to show the correct icon instead of the M1A2 HUD icon
    - Changed a PLA FAV to MEC FAV on Road to Jalalabad
    - Tweaked the artillery respawn time on Dragon Valley for to 360 seconds as other artillery uses
    - Included a delay after weapon switch for the Bizon (PP-19) to 0.666
    - Updated the F35B's lock delay to 1 second instead of 1.5 seconds to match other aircraft
    - Changed the Humvee camo on Taraba Quarry to be the correct design
    - Increased the splash damage of the UH-60 (Black Hawk) guns from 0.25 to 1.5
    - Updated the G36E HUD to react the same as other weapons during sprint

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Battlefield 2 v1.5 Patch Released

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
    "Additional support for Windows Vista." Thanks guys. You're about 3 years or so late.
    I wonder what this even means?

ETA - If you're looking to get a jump start on downloading the patch...

I was getting about 300kb/s from here, even though I had to wait ~15 mins for the d/l to start: http://www.fileplay.net/file/6020/ba...-2-patch-v1-50

Then I said screw that and downloaded a bunch of the torrents. This one got me 1.5 Mb/s and took about 25 minutes start to finish: http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/507...44.TPB.torrent

DO NOT INSTALL THIS YET, IT WILL BREAK PR
    Last edited by A_Grounded_Pilot; 09-02-2009, 09:44 AM.

|
    |

Comment

Originally posted by A_Grounded_Pilot View Post
      I wonder what this even means?
      Now, when you install Bf2 it gives you this warning about how it's only been tested for XP. Also, you have to tell the game to run as administrator and manually give it firewall access. The patch probably does all this that we've already done manually, automatically. I don't think it will affect current Vista users at all.
      |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
      sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
      I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

They forgot to add to the list -

Features -
        Ploy to pacify BF community members until we decide to port 1943 over to PC.

Bug Fixes -
        Removing the availabily to use VOIP. (Edit - I only played on the TG server and noticed anothers post stating that his VOIP worked on 4 other servers he tried and the TG was the only one that VOIP was not working on.)

In all seriousness, why is it that EVERY time a patch is released, more issues than solutions are created? This absolutely baffles me. WHY EA, WHY!

Btw, using the link in Bamboo's post, I completed the DL in less than 30 mins. This was after trying every other link I could find. GL!
        MANUS HAEC INIMICA TYRANNIS

Comment

http://fileshack.com/file.x/15116/Ba...+2+v1.50+Patch

FileShack worked well for me. I enjoy the new patch. It gave BF2 a good boost and I have seen lots of old faces. I say it was a decent addition until BF1943, BF:BC2, and BF3 for PC.

But, I am still eagerly awaiting PR 0.87.

"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him."
          - Sun Tzu

Comment

Just an FYI update, it is not hard at all to run both vanilla 1.5 and PR on 1.41. I just got out of the TG PR server and can confrim this works. The only problem I had after following the instructions, was that my mouse would not work after loading into a PR server. This was fixed by going into the settings after loading PR and resetting configs to default. Hope this helps anyone wanting to play with the new 1.5 patch and still have access to PR. GL & I accept zero responsiblity for issues :) but honestly, it is not complicated at all.

Here is the original post by tim8002 -

Post by tim8002 from - http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...rk-around.html

well, i didn't see anywhere that posted a work around for PR to work while having 1.5 so i'm making this post.... i've tested it and it will work!

ok, so before installing 1.5 patch, go to C:\Program Files and find the EA GAMES folder.

make a copy of the entire EA GAMES FOLDER..(it will make the folder called EA GAMES - copy

now, install the 1.5 patch (it will automatically put it in the EA GAMES folder and not the EA GAMES - copy folder...

now for the important part, change the original EA GAMES folder to EA GAMES 1.5... then navigate to the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES 1.5\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2 and make a shortcut to your desktop to bf2.exe

then change the EA GAMES - copy to EA GAMES, then go to "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr" and make a shortcut on your desktop to pr.exe

tuda WORKS! lots of GB useage, but it works
            *LOD* Tim80002

UPDATE:
            I found a bug when doing this work around....
            If you go into the video settings in bf2 1.5 and change to any resolution other then the old 1.41 resolutions(widescreen such as 1650x1050 etc) PR WILL NOT open... you must change back to 1024 or it will not load up

Comment

Originally posted by The_Butcher View Post
              Removing the availabily to use VOIP. (Edit - I only played on the TG server and noticed anothers post stating that his VOIP worked on 4 other servers he tried and the TG was the only one that VOIP was not working on.)
              Just so everyone knows this is strictly an issue with our BF2 server and not the patch - VOIP is not broken in the patch.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                Just so everyone knows this is strictly an issue with our BF2 server and not the patch - VOIP is not broken in the patch.

To update, the TG VOIP issue appears to be resolved. :)

Comment

Dispo sat on the VOIP box again... come on!

| |

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post

To update, the TG VOIP issue appears to be resolved.

All happy now. :)

Odd double post edit, whoops.

Comment

All of our battlefield servers are picky, they don't like changes.

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
                        All of our battlefield servers are picky, they don't like changes.
                        Sounds like my ex-wife :madsmile:

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I swear I also saw an EA person state that this patch removed the requirement for the disc to be in the CD/DVD drive. Can anyone confirm since I'm too lazy to google right now?
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

You're right, my game does load up without the CD in the drive :D.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Should work the same with PR... I'm hoping to say goodbye to having to swap out my PR and ArmA2 disks like 2059327295 times a day.

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X