Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to the Huey...

Originally posted by .87 changelog
    - Removed higher hitpoints for attack huey to be in par with the other heavy attack choppers.
    Yeah, what is this realism thing they're trying to do with the huey! What gives! Why would they want to promote more realisitic gameplay?

:)

I've seen the huey before it was a flying fortress. And I've seen it while it was a flying fortress. Which one do you think was less irritating?

I'd rather play a game where we lose all the choppers in the first 10 minutes and have to stop and think of "how can we do this better?" than a game where I can just fly in, take 1 AA shot, 15 .50 caliber rounds to the main body, and unknown amount of small arms fire... Just flying in and doing "leet tactical insertions" is fine "tactics" to some

Just my opinion...

I'd like to hear the reasons why the huey is fine the way it is.
    Skud

Re: Changes to the Huey...

I'll bite....

The huey is fine the way that it is because it's made asset whores out of a lot of players and made them think that they're really good at flying. Why is this ok? Because after the patch they'll be burning slag falling from the sky again, much to us the enjoyment of those that choose to do the dirty work on the ground taking and holding territory.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Well, another thing I thought of was Operation Barracuda.

Back in the day I used to make a 3-man squad on Chinese and roll around with a medic and engy in an FAV. I recall times when we easily shot down 5 choppers. We were pretty unstoppable. So maybe a HP adjustment was called for, from a certain point of view. Or the removal of the .50's.

But, now, .50's are in pretty short supply on the battlefield. But they still got more hit points, even after the removal of the majority of .50's...
      Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
        Well, another thing I thought of was Operation Barracuda.

Back in the day I used to make a 3-man squad on Chinese and roll around with a medic and engy in an FAV. I recall times when we easily shot down 5 choppers. We were pretty unstoppable. So maybe a HP adjustment was called for, from a certain point of view. Or the removal of the .50's.

But, now, .50's are in pretty short supply on the battlefield. But they still got more hit points, even after the removal of the majority of .50's...
        Transport hueys have more actual hit points than in previous versions, but their effective damage to take before failure is about the same as it was before the crash landing addition. The attack hueys either had way too many points or their failure threshold was to high which works out to the same thing.

Dispo is right about the epic fail for the first few weeks as people realize that they were unbalanced tanks for .86.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Actually Dispo is wrong….

It's because those that are really good at assets and so on, can take them for the sake of the team - or we would not have fun and loose, therefore loosing public as they go off to have fun elsewhere. God help TG if pubbies or players that are not proficiently experienced in battle use them, or it may be lost, loosing vital assets and tickets. Therefore, the Tank Huey should be kept in order to allow this special function of players that know how to use the asset properly, especially if there is a squad already named it and locked to ensure the happiness of all.

Such assets being in the right hands, especially for the win (because it is what the game is about isn’t it not?) and having fun, can then concentrate on meeting new people on the server and showing them what TG is all about. Surely. Without people using things such as a TOW or helicopter consistently and thankfully locking squads denoting their usage before the game starts, I, as an SL or SM, would have a hard time meeting new people and representing fun, TG, and teamplay – especially as said, if we are getting our behinds kicked. So I’m pretty upset they are going to drop the hit points, as now I may not have a laugh with others without the skilled players using such an asset; being unable to represent TG or trying my best to let public players have fun so they come back, thinking “coor great bunch and teamwork”. Surely?

I rest my case.

;)

Comment

My fun does not rely on an asset. Ever. Winning has always come secondary to accomplishing the mission. You can still accomplish the mission without winning the game.

EDIT: I think you are being sarcastic.
            Skud

Comment

Being honest with you, I thought I was a lot better with the huey even before this patch, the attack ones especially. Recently though I seem to be pretty horrible, get nervous easily and have crashed more often than I'm comfortable with. I'm not entirely sure why.

I think a balance on the hitpoints needs to be found though. Something in the middle would be nice.

EDIT: However! If they're going to drop the HP on helicopters for maps like Barracuda, more alternate transport needs to be available. Besides, that would make Coast Guard/FAV squads fun again :)

Another EDIT:
              Also, the hydra hueys are NOT indestructible. We shot one down on Barracuda while defending docks a while back with a Chinese Autorifle, everyone in the squad firing on it, and one SA-7 shot.

The autorifle got the kill.

Comment

LOL says something about the realism of the autorifle doesn't it that it took down the frickin Godzilla of Choppaz!

Comment

^^ yeah! :D

---------
                  |TG|DarkDancer

Comment

The autorifle is really the same gun as the normal rifle is with higher rate of fire/bigger magazine.

We had everyone full-autoing it for 20 seconds, and it brought it down along with the SA-7 shot :P

Does anyone else remember that? We'd put the firebase in a really hard-to-get place at docks.

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                      LOL says something about the realism of the autorifle doesn't it that it took down the frickin Godzilla of Choppaz!
                      5.8mm goes through windshields, right? :P
                      "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                        I remember reading/watching something somewhere once about Huey pilots in Vietnam sitting on something thick/strong (armor-like) when they flew so they wouldn't get their balls shot off.

Comment

They're killable, they aren't, I don't see the big deal. All that matters is that the pilot helps the people on the ground however they can..

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
                            I remember reading/watching something somewhere once about Huey pilots in Vietnam sitting on something thick/strong (armor-like) when they flew so they wouldn't get their balls shot off.
                            The people in the back seats would sit on their helmets.
                            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I can't wait for the new proper attack huey because it will really make it obvious who the pilots are that sit back and wait till then team needs them and sweep in for the kill, compared to the pilots that just fly around and shoot where they get shot from. From my experiences against the attack huey it was almost impossible to kill unless you hit the pilot, even a full BTR-60 clip or 2 direct MANPADS hits and it could usually make it to the carrier.

I do like what they have done with the rest of the choppers since they can crash land if they get shot too much and save the crew instead of instantly blowing up. The transport huey engine fail rate seams to come a bit quick but I have no clue if its realistic just compared to other versions.

Thank you DEVs for making the attack huey killable!
                              |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X