BF2 1.5 patch ALT-TAB CTD poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 1.5 patch ALT-TAB CTD poll

Just checking here to see whether it is in fact everyone who is experiencing the bug in BF2 1.5 where ALT-TABbing out of a game will cause your BF2 (or PR) to crash. Some people have said that disabling all Anti-Aliasing will prevent this problem, however I have not tried this myself. Let's get a show of hands please to see how wide spread this bug is.

Also, should someone come up with a work-around for this bug (one that doesn't involve castrating your graphics) then perhaps they could post it in this thread for convenience.
    Yes, I have experienced a CTD when Alt-Tabbing
    43.75%
    No, I have not experienced a CTD
    38.75%
    I have experienced a CTD but disabling Anti-Aliasing solved the problem
    16.25%
    I have experienced a CTD and disabling Anti-Aliasing did NOT solve the problem
    1.25%

Re: BF2 1.5 patch ALT-TAB CTD poll

Should probably just add a poll....

Comment

I know this is a problem.

I have a second rig set up with mumble. If you need teams changed / channels moved I will switch you.

I know I personaly will not play without AA. game looks all poopy
      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I have a question in the PR forums regarding being able to switch channels in mumble using keybinds..

I tried running PR in windowed mode.. just a little smaller than the resolution of my monitor and this seemed to keep me from getting the Alt Tab CTD problem, I could just hold Alt-Tab and highlight Mumble or TS and then my mouse curser was free to play on my second screen, and make changes to whatever, then just click on the Main Monitor and I was back in the game, no problem.. then about 5 minutes into this experiment I got PB kicked.. something about render..yada yada yada... I will try again and note the PBkick so we can possibly find a work around it.

Comment

There is a community fix which lets you use alt-tab with antialiasing, but disables widescreen support. You can find it here: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...community.html

If you already turned AA off and still can't alt-tab, delete the contents of your cache folder in my documents/battlefield2/mods/bf2/
          sigpic

Comment

Wow..one of the scant few instances in which having a slow computer is useful! I CTD if I have AA enabled anyway, to much for my gfx card. Good luck with the fixes guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Buflak View Post
              There is a community fix which lets you use alt-tab with antialiasing, but disables widescreen support. You can find it here: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...community.html

If you already turned AA off and still can't alt-tab, delete the contents of your cache folder in my documents/battlefield2/mods/bf2/
              I can confirm that this fix is working for me. Naturally the loss of widescreen support is a price to pay, but if you're like me and don't have a widescreen monitor, it's perfect.

Comment

I just DL'd the fix, hope it lets me alt+TAB again.

POE2 Developer

Comment

I hit esc to menu....then alt+tab out.....went back in game.....hit esc.....resumed where I left off.

edit....nm crashed..... argh.....

Comment

I downloaded the alt-tab fixer, but I just got pb-kicked and it said there was a mismatch with the dll file, so it may need more testing to make sure it works...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

My game doesn't just crash when I try to alt-tab, my computer had a hernia. Reboot...
                      sigpic
                      I'm Back.

Comment

I'm with Mat552 and don't even know what anti-aliasing is!

Hope it gets fixed soon for you guys - it's been a long time waiting for you on wide screen and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                          I downloaded the alt-tab fixer, but I just got pb-kicked and it said there was a mismatch with the dll file, so it may need more testing to make sure it works...
                          I'm getting the same problem.

Baza (From the DICE team) said that he will have to check in on Monday with EvenBalance (PB) whether punkbuster will allow this "fix". But I'm unsure, as it seems to be working for the majority, from what I have seen, yet there are a couple saying it is kicking them by punkbuster.

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
                          Erwin Rommel

Comment

Have you tried manually updating PB by downloading pbsec.htm from this link?
                            sigpic

Comment

I also just got PB kicked for MD5 tool mismatch due to the .dll file. So much for the fix.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X