Mumble... Yes or No?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mumble... Yes or No?

Just realized I can't make a poll but how many people are actually using mumble? Large enough of a number that I should start using it or is it really just a waste of time?

Is there anyone here that has tried using mumble but didnt like it and uninstalled it?

Downsides about mumble?
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Re: Mumble... Yes or No?

Yes a fair amount of people use it. I love it personally. I cannot think of any downsides to Mumble right now...plus it'll only get better. The makers of Mumble seem to be active in perfecting it too.
    sigpic
    I'm Back.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
      Downsides about mumble?
      Not everyone is using it. Do your part. :row__523:

It's great. It lets you communicate between people in different squads, talk to the driver of the APC without spamming on TS, and it's way less laggy than bf2 voip, so you can run your entire squad on it.
      "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

Mumble is awesome!

Comment

There are like 3 or 4 mumble threads already started. Perhaps a search is in order before creating another one?

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

45 of 62 people were on yesterday. I suggest you give it a try.
            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Yes!

| |

Comment

I was a skeptic, but when I reinstalled my computer, I just got Mumble instead of TS. When I can talk to Portable.C who's driving the APC while transporting my squad.. awesome is achieved.

Basically Mumble does the following*:
                VOIP-Squad
                VOIP-Commander
                Mumble-Squad leaders
                Mumble-Every single person who uses it and is near you at the time.
                Mumble-Everyone on the team when not in game/...something.. (I havn't figured out when this happens, it just.. does?)

Basically it adds a third dimension on VOIP... then adds a fourth. It's pretty awesome.

~Solo
                |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

I like using it when I am running around as infantry. Ristin is a pretty good portable radio. He's like a Pip-Boy. ;)

But it's very hard to hear when doing vehicles or anything of the like, maybe I should turn the volume up...or I would, but there is so many knobs and whistles that I am afraid to touch anything without breaking it.

I also tend to mute Mumble in between rounds, as it has happened on more than one occasion that people tend to yell at the top of their lungs at how awesome they did or how much the other team sucks.

Comment

Like Dispo said there was a thread awhile back from Cougar.

I voted no at that time, but got myself forced to install it a month a go, love it ever since.

Comment

Mumble... the only down side is... Using mumble and TS at the same time. Cant tell if a person is talking in TS or alltalk in mumble.... grrrr

Comment

Yeah, everyday it gets better and better with more people using it overall...

Try it!
                        |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

I can't wait until channel/subchannel sorting is automated. That's the real barrier to it being properly utilized.

Comment

I thought mumble was rubbish until i actually got it. now i use it all the time. its great to be able to talk to blue people near you. i would really recommend getting it.

downside: every so often you get someone wandering along either singing or whispering "mumble!!mumble!!mumble!!"
                            |TG| (:djames-d)

Comment

I started using it today and Its channel and sub channel system is alittle confusing and sometimes takes me some tries to even get in the proper TG channel.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X