Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official EA/DICE FIX for the alt+tab CTD (Hot fix)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official EA/DICE FIX for the alt+tab CTD (Hot fix)

PLEASE READ - BEFORE DOING ANYTHING - It is vital you read everything then decide whether or not you should personally do this. I am presuming this fix will work, once EvenBalance, sort out their end of the deal. They may update their files tomorrow, in a weeks time or whenever. But the presumed time by the DICE developer is tomorrow. As apparently it is US holiday today.

Just so everyone see's this and doesn't have to go through the other alt+tab thread, they can come to this one, so they don't get confused.

Here is the link to the fix, from Baza: (Who worked on leading the 1.5 update at DICE)

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...t-tab-fix.html

-deleted- NorthPlum You may still get pb kicked, as experienced by some users, at the moment. However we may have to wait for EvenBalance to register the new file. See the the quote from Baza below: (Quote 3)

Yeah, this is a HAWT fix!

Originally posted by Bazajaytee
    A large number of players who have installed 1.50 have been unable to use ALT+TAB without the game crashing out to Windows desktop. As such and with thanks to nea_alecu doing some investigations, our programmers have come up with a fix.

We are also working on a full installer which will be the 2Gb file for those who are new to Battlefield 2 v1.50. This will replace existing files once ready and I will post here when that is released. In the mean time use the 1.50 patch install and replace RendDX9.dll with the file you can download here:
    TV2 - Battle.no Portal - av spillere, for spillere

The md5 of the zip file is: 7a2b2476b5e23332da260481c1930191
    Simple steps
    Step 1 - Download the "RendDX9.dll". (http://www.battle.no/?section=download&get=140)
    Step 2 - Open up your Battlefield 2 folder (Default: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2), then drag the "RendDX9.dll" into the main battlefield 2 folder. You will get a prompt giving you an option to overight the current "RendDX9.dll", say yes or replace! (For safety, also keep a copy of your old "RendDX9.dll", so you can rename it to "RendDX9copy.dll)
    Step 2 - Open up "My Documents" go to Battlefield 2\mods\bf2 and delete the cache directory.
    Step 3 - Open Project Reality and play as you would!
    ================================================== ================================================== ===

Update from Baza:

Try updating PB again, just in case.
    I havent had to do anything on my machine but Evenbalance will be looking at the file probably tomorrow now due to it being Labour Day over in America.

If you have problems with PB still after PB update then use the older files until Evenbalance has taken a look at the file just to be sure.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Props go to DICE & nea_alecu for getting this done and fixed so quickly!
    Last edited by NorthPlum; 09-07-2009, 03:53 PM.

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
    Erwin Rommel

Re: Official EA/DICE FIX for the alt+tab CTD (Hot fix)

Nope, still doesn't work, I just got MD5 PB kicked....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
      Nope, still doesn't work, I just got MD5 PB kicked....
      According to Baza:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/11146477-post47.html

Erwin Rommel

Comment

still got kicked, plus I updated my PB rtight after applying the fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
          still got kicked, plus I updated my PB rtight after applying the fix.
          Was the error related to the file (RendDX9.dll)?

Here is the thread on the PR forums:
          http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...ml#post1131893

Others will probably say whether it will work or not. But I'll be sad if it doesn't. :( I'm in game now, so I'll give it a go.

Edit: I have been playing for around 8 minutes now. Nothing so far... I will update.

Edit2: Just played a game on Asad Khal with no problems... will keep updating.

Edit3: Just played Al Kufrah in a BMP-3... I'm afraid I got this error: (PB sumcheck)

Well... I don't know then. Seems we may have to live without AA or alt-tab. The alt-tab feature comes back, however I still get this error^. :(

I have only got it once, will have to test it some more.
          Last edited by NorthPlum; 09-07-2009, 12:36 PM.

Erwin Rommel

Comment

Step 2 - Open up "My Documents" go to Battlefield 2\mods\bf2 and delete the cache directory.

Is this part really necessary?
            Reedible

Comment

Originally posted by Unedible View Post
              Is this part really necessary?
              According to pancho, yes! Forgot to ask why though.

Someone on the PR forums said we might have to wait for punkbuster to update its files for bf2.

Erwin Rommel

Comment

I didn't follow that part, but it still worked beautifully. Now I can alt-tab without having my game looking like crap without AA. No PB errors either.
                Reedible

Comment

Originally posted by Unedible View Post
                  I didn't follow that part, but it still worked beautifully. Now I can alt-tab without having my game looking like crap without AA. No PB errors either.
                  I wouldn't be too sure.

I played a full game on Asad Khal, and then when Kufrah came up, I played in the BMP-3 and I got the pb kick error. (Sum check for this file)

I will have to do some more testing/gaming to be "certain", however.

Good luck. :D

Edit:

Just did a bit more reading on the EA-UK forums. The file has "probably" not reached EvenBalance yet, according to this post:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/11149529-post50.html

Try updating PB again, just in case.
                  I havent had to do anything on my machine but Evenbalance will be looking at the file probably tomorrow now due to it being Labour Day over in America.

If you have problems with PB still after PB update then use the older files until Evenbalance has taken a look at the file just to be sure.

So if anything, the fix for Project Reality players having this problem will probably be tomorrow. Though this "fix", may still work for some or may still actually work. We just need to keep testing. :) I've tested in normal BF2 and this pb kick, doesn't seem to be prevalent, or it could be that I'm not playing long enough in 'nilla. Meh.

Erwin Rommel

Comment

The reason this works is because it disables the new widescreen field of view and goes back to the old FOV so if you dont want to loose your new widescreen FOV dont use this method.

Yes deleteing the My Documents/BF2/MODS/BF2 Cache file is neccesary, I got PB kicked untill I found the file and deleted it.

Comment

On the official EA post the lead dev says he will be contacting evenblance so they allow this file, hopefully this means it will be fixed as he is now commited to it. If not now then within a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                        The reason this works is because it disables the new widescreen field of view and goes back to the old FOV so if you dont want to loose your new widescreen FOV dont use this method.

Yes deleteing the My Documents/BF2/MODS/BF2 Cache file is neccesary, I got PB kicked untill I found the file and deleted it.
                        Double post, but i used this fix and my widescreen stayed exactly the same, i still select it in the video options menu and it looks identical to before.

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                          That was the community fix which used an older version of the dll. This is an official hotfix based on the 1.5 dll so it supports widescreen FOV. And the reason it works is because the programmers have fixed a memory leak which was related to the widescreen resolutions.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ollie_fool View Post
                            Double post, but i used this fix and my widescreen stayed exactly the same, i still select it in the video options menu and it looks identical to before.
                            But your FOV is actually like it used to be using the target line method.. if you notice the Icons look like they used to... For me the Move marker got fat as well as the name text changed after the patch... now it looks just like it used to

Comment

Originally posted by ollie_fool View Post
                              On the official EA post the lead dev says he will be contacting evenblance so they allow this file, hopefully this means it will be fixed as he is now commited to it. If not now then within a few days.
                              Baza has already contacted EvenBalance with the file. We just need to hear back from that, but I guess another DEV reporting this file may help speed up the process! :)

I guess we'll have to wait for alt+tab. But this hot fix, should work eventually.

Erwin Rommel

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X