Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Join TG server in just one double-click!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join TG server in just one double-click!

Well, I like to screw around with all kinds of start parameters, my PR shortcut looks like this:

"D:\Spiele\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" start /AFFINITY 2 +menu 1 +restart +szx 1440 +szy 810 +fullscreen 0 +playerName Megagoth1702 +playerPassword hehashugeballz

With this one I have BF2 running on my 2nd core.

I don't get any startup videos.

The windowsize is a 16:9 widescreen window inside a 16:10 screen - I prefer a window, not fullscreen, you can alt tab out and arrange windows around BF2, really handy. Also while it loads a map you can do other stuff and it will still load at 100% speed. No alt+tab crashes ever.

Also the game instantly loggs me in, I only have to select what I wanna play.

However, I heard of a parameter, which (xfire like) directly connects you with a server, which is super sweet, since I sometimes crash and want to join back in ASAP.

"D:\Spiele\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" start /AFFINITY 2 +menu 1 +restart +szx 1440 +szy 810 +fullscreen 0 +playerName Megagoth1702 +playerPassword manthoseballzarehuge +joinServer 64.34.161.157

See a difference? ;)

It's perfect for supporting members (and people wanting to join a NOT full server) who want to launch the game and connect right away, it takes up to 30-40 seconds until it starts loading the map, but its STILL faster then clicking all the way through.
    Since it's a window you can go do other stuff on the PC, alt+tab back in and have a map loaded.

Today I tried and some peeps wanted that on the forum, so here it is.

I like it, maybe you too?

Re: Join TG server in just one double-click!

I've been looking for this, quite an useful shortcut for SM.

+rep up for the post,

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Megagoth1702 View Post
      "D:\Spiele\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" start /AFFINITY 2 +menu 1 +restart +szx 1440 +szy 810 +fullscreen 0 +playerName Megagoth1702 +playerPassword hehashugeballz

With this one I have BF2 running on my 2nd core.
      Problem here, hombre. Cores aren't named core 1 and core 2. No, the first core is core 0, and the second is core 1. By assigning it to core 2 with "affinity 2," you would be assigning it to the third core. Since the OS knows you don't have a third core, it is probably defaulting it back to core 0, your first core. "Affinity 1" will assign pr.exe to the second core.
      Waldo II

Comment

Here's mine:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +playerName |TG-6th|snooggums +playerPassword defaultPassword +joinServer 64.34.161.157

Menu skips the movies, I like fullscreen, the name and password log you in, join of course causes you to join. Leave out the resolution stuff unless you can't set it in game (because it will use your last settings when you load anyway and you should be able to use widescreen settings in game now).
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

hmmm, nice
          Viking

Comment

Why run on core 1 or 2? I don't notice any issues, but is it better that way?

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
              Problem here, hombre. Cores aren't named core 1 and core 2. No, the first core is core 0, and the second is core 1. By assigning it to core 2 with "affinity 2," you would be assigning it to the third core. Since the OS knows you don't have a third core, it is probably defaulting it back to core 0, your first core. "Affinity 1" will assign pr.exe to the second core.
              Waldo, you are correct that the cores are numbered from zero. However, you use the core number +1 to set affinity. Reference.

|
              |

Comment

You can also go to "C:\Program files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\movies" and rename pr_intro.bik and bss_intro.bik to blablabla for example. When you load up it'll go straight to the log-in screen. Saves you a few precious seconds... ; )

Comment

Originally posted by Cinders View Post
                  Why run on core 1 or 2? I don't notice any issues, but is it better that way?
                  On some processors there are issues syncing the cores or something to that effect and the game runs smoother on a single core. Setting the affinity allows you to split up your programs (so you could run mumble/TS/Xfire on one core and PR on the second.

AMDs dual core optimizer makes this a non-issue for me, so I let it run on both cores. Previous to installing the optimizer setting the affinity had a large impact on performance.

You can also go to "C:\Program files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\movies" and rename pr_intro.bik and bss_intro.bik to blablabla for example. When you load up it'll go straight to the log-in screen. Saves you a few precious seconds... ; )
                  Maybe that is what I did to skip the movies.
                  |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

I have tried this and i set my info up. I skip the movies and log in ok but it doesnt let me auto join the server. Here is my line
                    "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +menu 1 +restart +szx 1680 +szy 1050 +fullscreen 1 +playerName +playerPassword +joinserver 64.34.161.157 +port 16567
                    |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

Originally posted by warpig1292 View Post
                      +port 16567

I don't think that is necessary, give it one more try without

Comment

Originally posted by warpig1292 View Post
                        I have tried this and i set my info up. I skip the movies and log in ok but it doesnt let me auto join the server. Here is my line
                        "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +menu 1 +restart +szx 1680 +szy 1050 +fullscreen 1 +playerName +playerPassword +joinserver 64.34.161.157 +port 16567
                        You are missing a capital S in 'joinServer' and I'm fairly certain the command is case sensitive.

64.34.161.157:16567 is a format I see more often when a port is required. Drop the port designation, it isn't necessary and the +port command may be incorrect.
                        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

the +restart
                          will skip the intros, as BF2 thinks you restarted the game after enabling AA or so. thats when it skips the intros..

just some side info..

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Originally posted by creepin View Post
                            the +restart
                            will skip the intros, as BF2 thinks you restarted the game after enabling AA or so. thats when it skips the intros..

just some side info..
                            What does +menu do?
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

enable the menu i guess?

i don't know about that one..

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse