Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less server message spam

Small proposition to the TG admins.

Could you guys cut the server messages to a minimum, if not zero? Or at least remove them for password nights and see how it goes? Do it as a try for a week or something, and see if it makes server admins life harder or not?

That kind of server messages about rules and whatnot are really annoying and I wonder if they are that necessary. People that break server rules, probably won't notice them (or care) in the first place and even I can't remember half of them.

But I do notice the server rules while loading maps. For some reason my eyes always go to the rules list at the bottom right, and I rarely read the ones in-game.

So my proposition is that you guys try it out for a week or two at least and see how it goes.
    sigpic

Re: Less server message spam

yeah, it does go against the PR strategy of reducing the HUD.

Comment

I have to agree that the people who break the rules can't read in the first place (yeah, I meant to say it that way :)). People ask on the server if baserape is allowed yet it clearly states it on the load screen and also on the scroll.

While some of it could probably go away, messages such as the change for Fools Road and other announcements probably won't. One thing we can do is increase the interval between messages to try to keep it as clear as possible.

However, we do obviously have the right to put up there whatever we want.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I never see them... probably overlooking them sub consciencely.

I don't think we're going to change anything, so your best bet is to try do like I do, read them once,twice, three times and then try to overlook them.

Works for me.

Comment

I didn't know we still had them in game, guess I just block them out.
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Agreed, the spam generally just clutters the screen and makes videos look less epic ;)

But ya most people just block them out, so why have them in there in first place?

Comment

I think we still need a few of them like the Fools road bridge, Baserape rules, and the website and TS registration stuff. I do agree though that they need be spread out more so you aren't reading every message once a inute or somthing.
              |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

They are set up to run 10 minutes apart now instead of every 4 minutes.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Good stuff, and of course you have the right to put whatever you want in there as it's your server, but was just asking to think about it and maybe change it for a week or two as a trial period. The interval change is already a welcome update.
                  sigpic

Comment

I must be very lucky.. I even manage to ignore 90% of the chat as well.

Comment

Msgs? What Msgs? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                        I must be very lucky.. I even manage to ignore 90% of the chat as well.
                        Since they are in the same area it's even more efficient to ignore both at the same time!
                        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadMagnet View Post
                          Msgs? What Msgs? ;)
                          Dunno. I just kinda block them out. Chat I glance at once in a while though, might be something relevant to my interests, and I know a lot of SL's don't look at it that much.
                          "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                            I didn't know we still had them in game, guess I just block them out.

your in the zone man, tunnel vision killing spree red haze and all that

I sometimes just turn off the hud altogether. Apart having to remember which weapon you are selecting with which number its not that much bother when in action

The console command if its not been mentioned is

renderer.drawhud 0
                            renderer.drawhud 1

Others are
                            maplist.list
                            renderer.drawfps 1
                            game.lockfps 33

Last one is useful if you have a screwy system where looking down a certain street drops your fps from 100 to 20 for some reason.
                            Less variation is less laggy

hud off also cuts chat spam if that starts to bug you. This is something arma wont let people do, good old bf2 ancient but glorious :p

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I read them when I die! And No HUD Sabre? There's an interesting thought... I might just consider doing that. But what about the compass? Directions are used hundreds of times a day..

~Solo
                              |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse