What happened to Europe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Europe?

Sit around the campfire kids, and listen to a story...

Back in the day, when one had to fight dinosaurs over food.... well, not that long ago, more like two or so years, when I started playing on TG, at 4 in the morning, the magical happened: The server dropped below 50 people

Where the heck is everyone?!
    Nowadays, its a MIRACLE if there are more than 30 people on at 10 o'clock. Infact, today at 10, there was a total of ONE.

So, I know that most of the west coast is employed, or going to school, but usually thats when Europe comes in.

So...

Where are you guys?
    |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Re: What happened to Europe?

We started going to school in autumn and to be honest I don't have the time anymore to come on during the week. Maybe sometimes but not so often as I could /want. And since fridays are all taken saturday and some week days are the only ones appropriate at this moment.

I remember the times when I seeded the map by my own with one of the E49-ers.

Now that is not possible and even if I have time I kind have better things to do than wait hours for someone to join.

But that is just me, fraction of the Europe.

Comment

People are getting lives, and everyone here is slowly growing grumpier and lazier. We have yet to have an influx of newer, younger players.

Next thing you know, there will be players in the server but they'll all be taking residence in small areas of the map and start yelling 'GET OFF MY LAWN, YOU HIPPIE' before abruptly firing off some rounds in their direction.

Comment

Im still around!

Comment

Hacker attacks after 0.85 was downloaded was the main cause of this. The constant CTDs sort-of shuffled people away. And now the common CTDs every few hours is even worse, hacker or no hacker. At least it's better than when every 10 minutes a CTD would happen.

sigpic

Comment

its because wrecking crew went away ...

Comment

I believe it was the influx of green players, or "pubbies" "nubs" etc, to TG and PR in general after the MODDB awards and the BF2 news box free advertising that has caused the gradual attrition.

PR is not a pubbie friendly game... used to be you had to go looking for the style of gameplay it provides in order to find it.
              Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

ive got a job on weekend nights and most times cba to wait for a space so i go and play left 4 dead

Comment

I've got myself a job as well now. I guess Europe is just busy :D

Comment

Loads of people having problems with PR and its because crappy 1.5 patch :(
                    Its similar with other servers like RT Mumble server which was super popular before and now its mostly empty.

Comment

school started and yeah wreckingcrew left
                      |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

"Its similar with other servers like RT Mumble server which was super popular before and now its mostly empty. "

I suspect RT's problem is seeders are at school/uni now.

Comment

I get sick of driving around doing stunts whilst waiting for somebody else to join so I rarely join it when it's empty unless there's people on Xfire to assist in populating

Comment

Could have something to do with the map rotation too. I know last night after a round of Ramiel walking around as an insurgent I definitely wasn't up for another hiking trip on Mestia and promptly left for other parts. Fools Road 16 is another one I'll tend to leave for. I don't mind the odd infantry battle but one after another gets old fast. Especially after a good 2hr slugfest. At that point I'm ready to ride in something or go after said rides on the ground for a change of pace.

Comment

I play as little as I can as I find I can play four hours without realising :o so I for one am probably playing too much. Not every day but a few times a week.

The fact that I am enjoying the games less and less does not seem to have put me off yet! :o I imagine it has put a few off, plus school has started again which will not help daytime numbers.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X