Seeding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeding

As a European player I face with a lack of players even in the late afternoon. I've tried to contact an admin if server is extremely low on population but we never seem to get the right map to seed the most.
    We tried mestia - got players complaining, Kashan - Got players complaining.

Now we can't play Kashan or some 2 or 4 km map with >10 people can we ?

What do you think guys is the map that makes people come and join, and as you might think Kashan is not the case as it usually brings people with asset issues. Any suggestions are welcome since I'm running out of exuses to bother Dispo for a map change. I always asked for some skirmish, but quite often there are players complaining.

Or should I just let the maps be without any regards to the type,size, layout or number of players playing it ?

Re: Seeding

I prefer normal 1km maps when seeding. Sunset City, Korengal, OGT, Asad Khal etc.
    Not a bunch of assets, not skirmish.
    Another thing, i really urge alot of you regulars who help seed the server, stop with the stacking. Seeding is not all that fun, leave it at that - until the server reaches decent population.
    If you're there to fill the server, teamswitching to play with your friends in the seeding phase is really shooting one self in the foot.

Comment

Originally posted by bjoffe View Post
      I prefer normal 1km maps when seeding. Sunset City, Korengal, OGT, Asad Khal etc.
      Not a bunch of assets, not skirmish.
      Another thing, i really urge alot of you regulars who help seed the server, stop with the stacking. Seeding is not all that fun, leave it at that - until the server reaches decent population.
      If you're there to fill the server, teamswitching to play with your friends in the seeding phase is really shooting one self in the foot.
      As I normally join when server is still at 0 , there is no way I could be stacking, and I do often switch to the other side due to stacking.

Comment

I've noticed, Orpall. Speaking generally, and not at all directed towards you.
        But do you agree it's an issue?
        I have no problem with teamswitching in general, by all means. But when this happens more or less everytime i tried helping to seed, it takes sooo much longer filling her when every new guy joining ends up on the pwned team and quits after 15 minutes.

Comment

one word:
          skirmish

as a starting map, why not?
          give me some con's ;)
          |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

I generally like the smaller maps while seeding, the fewer assets the better.

Not that I ever have to seed, with my time zone it seems the server is always full :D.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

As a Euro I see what Orpal is talking about of course. Lately it has been very apparent in lack of numbers (no population leads to no population). But now Nardini has implemented the 'three types of map cycle' I am sure it will add to the Variation. I believe this is likely to be the best method as it takes away the need for 'control'. We can just move on to the next map once it has been finished. It allows the seeders to see different maps (thankfully) reducing boredom, gives them more control of moving on or playing a map instead of bothering Admins ;)

I think the very nature (as I allude to in Nardini's thread) of the maps being 'fixed' increases the desire to 'fix the maps' and so people tend to try to 'control what they want as the next map'. Hence we get the problem of seeing the same map all the time and then someone comes along and changes it to what (they) someone wants because they want it for their own reasons.

This way, having the cycle, and Variation, we the people can simply move on. Ok, it may mean we will get the huge maps and hardly any people but we can work around that via the Admins choosing the maps carefully and with thought over time in 'map cycles', or even better, by the players sorting it out. Besides, the very nature of the 'old system' is that map B came after map A anyway. This lead to the very thing we saw - the same maps and then controlling the map that will be played (even changing it, as said), at seeding time or 4 hours in when the Americas get in from work, the 'cool' maps already 'set up' for them. Nardini setting up Variation gives a freshness that has been lacking and erodes the 'controlling' aspect, and so I think this method is better - in any case.

See you on the seeder side. It's the TG Euro task ;)
              Last edited by Taip3n; 09-19-2009, 06:46 PM. Reason: expansion into western europe by my minions

Comment

I tried once making a seeder-specific small map, but never finished it.
                |TG-6th|Belhade
                "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I think using smaller maps designed for seeding tend to cause issues when the map goes full circle.

Perhaps putting in some 2km maps that aren't quite player-needy, like perhaps Al Kufrah (16) etc, as well as the 1kms like Asad Khal and Sunset City.

4kms are definitely too big, and I wouldn't rely on a 2km map all of the time... But a good 2km 16 layer every now and then could help buffer the list a little better when it gets back around to that map.

Comment

Personally I enjoy playing the 1km maps with a full server. Asad Khal and Sunset City can be very fun when you take them seriously.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Well the problem here is that people don't want to join asset free map. Regulars in Europe don't play because server is not full and its not up to their standarts. So we are left with random people that aren't familiar with any rules, teamplay or even Voip, leaving them to take assets. You can't get that on a seeder map can't you and what we see here is that players are leaving because map is ''boring'' for them. This is a never ending circle that leaves us, Euro players, to wait until 10 PM so we can get a decent game, even then we can play 2 hours max since we usually have jobs/obligations to do the following day.

I do not have any solution for this problem atm, but I would like to see some regulars that have a chance to play but don't due to unpopulated server. Please join me and others and I guarantee you it won't be any less fun that on 62 server. Specially on Skirmish map.

Comment

Again, I see Orpals' point, I am a Euro with Euro timezones and obligations (going to sleep at 1-3 GMT/CET is not ideal but we do it to 'get the game, or two, in'; as much as sit there seeding in the evening hours).

I like the skirmish maps. But I like the idea of Variation and would like them implemented 'in' the map cycles and not at the beginning. I believe if we 'put them at the beginning', the next thing we will know is the 'controlling' aspect seeping back in - and it has been like this anyway with seeder maps. Time and again I have seen 'maps switched'. Time and again I have seen the Skirmish maps left out on American prime time (for us Euros that starts at about 9-10pm), eroding quality and experience of the diversity of maps (yes, I studied wildlife so I like Variation as a key to flow). I think this is part and directly linked to the desire to 'fix' things, usually to the 'desire of people/persons' later down the line; although the act may have been altruistic and not thought about, it can allow other people at other times to not be, therefore people begin to be selfish and controlling, they do as they wish more for themselves. If we actually step away from this then maybe we will get back to the real value of TG and help erode the selfish desires polluting the TG philosophy and The Prime of Community.

So with that, I'd be happier with Variation and a rigid emphasis on that and the thoughts in Nardini's Map Cycle, including what Celestial pointed out and my response. Bring on Asad at 10pm GMT is what I say. With what I talk about then to reach the objective of what is healthy, I would rather know the philosophy of Variation rules the roost and its slant, than a slant to a persons' (people's) whim of what they want and control.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                          Personally I enjoy playing the 1km maps with a full server. Asad Khal and Sunset City can be very fun when you take them seriously.
                          I do too. (However, I have some deep seated hate for Mestia) I think that having a 2km 16 layer map might turn out decently.

Comment

If I'm on a server by myself seeding, I want a LB to play with.
                            |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
                            sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
                            I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

We should seed with the Kashan Training map. That'll populate the server!
                              |TG-6th|Belhade
                              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X