New Maplist Organization

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Maplist Organization

This week I've implemented a new structure for the map lists. Instead of one rotation that plays out over a few weeks, we now have three rotations that will cycle out every few days. "Popular" maps are present on 2/3 rotations, while "less popular" maps are present on 1/3 rotations. Hopefully this will keep everything fresh for people, and we won't be seeing the same maps over and over day after day. This is just a test to start, I want to get a feel for it so if you have any feedback please let me know. If this is successful we can continue this, perhaps modifying things on occasion.

The current setup is:

Cycle 1:
    - Asad Khal
    - Jabal
    - Bi Ming
    - Kashan 32
    - Mestia
    - Al Basrah
    - Fool's Road
    - Al Kufrah Oilfield
    - Muttrah City
    - Operation Archer
    - Kozelsk

Cycle 2:
    - Sunset City
    - Al Kufrah Oilfield
    - Quinling
    - Ejod Desert
    - Fallujah
    - Operation Ghost Train
    - Kozelsk
    - Karbala
    - Operation Barracuda
    - Qwai River
    - Mestia

Cycle 3:
    - Tad Sae
    - Muttrah City
    - Oeration Ghost Train
    - Korengal
    - Road to Kyongan Ni
    - Qwai River
    - Operation Barracuda
    - Ejod Desert
    - Ramiel
    - Jabal
    - Fool's Road

We are currently on Cycle 2 as of this afternoon. Again, I'd love some feedback and opinions please!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Re: New Maplist Organization

Could you add map sizes to this. Apart from that, I digg it.

Comment

Current map rotation threads make me happy, I know there is usually one around, but it doesnt ever seem to stay current.. I enjoy being able to look at the server status, see what map is on, and then look at the map list and say to myself.. OK, Ill get on in about 3 hours and I should be in time for "Falljah West", or whatever.

I wish there was some automated way to have whatever the rotation was set in the server to be reflected in some sort of forum tool.

Comment

I love having a map list posted... so thanks for resurrecting this Nardini! I also think this new cycle method seems like a great idea, with the 1/3 and 2/3 distribution. Even the best maps get old if you have them on every map list, and it ensures more map variety. Will the admins be updating the map list to tell us what cycle we're on?

Comment

The list looks really nice and it will be nice to have constant changes of the maps. Like gunner said it would be nice to have lots of different map sizes.
          |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Looks good.
            //FixXxeR Out

Comment

looks awesome

Comment

Wow!

Thanks Nardini!

Great feat and surely a winner. If I could rep' you I would. I think it's obvious the advantages to this and am really glad you spent the effort doing it.

An opinion then: at the moment is that I like not to change it at the moment as I am sure people would want to get their favourate maps on and so tinker with it to tailor for their wants. I believe the greatness of this is of course the Variation aspect and would like this entrenched in its 'ideology'.

A look at map sizes and maps to play may be good in the future however but I'll leave that to the prudence of the Admins to sort out the 'I wants, to the good ideas, and the prudence of balance' (In Orpals 'Seeder' thread, since it is so closely linked I have expanded on this and so don't think it needs repetition here). The 'three types map cycle' sounds good as it allows for Variation and is not too long at the same time.

Great stuff!
                Last edited by Taip3n; 09-19-2009, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I very much like this, as I'll be able to pull it up and see what the current map is and so how long until a map I really want to play if I only have so much time. I also heartily endorse the lack of Kashan 64.
                  "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                    Cycle 1:
                    - Mestia
                    - Al Basrah
                    - Fool's Road
                    - Al Kufrah Oilfield
                    - Muttrah City
                    - Operation Archer
                    - Kozelsk

Cycle 2:
                    - Kozelsk
                    - Karbala
                    - Operation Barracuda
                    - Qwai River
                    - Mestia
                    The only issue I have is the fact that these maps are placed in an order in which a team that is Rus/Che on one map will be Rus/Che on the next one too, respectively.

Cycle 1 is more prominent on this because of 3 of these maps being present.

Otherwise, though, the cycles themselves look awesome and I wouldn't mind if these stayed as they are just to preserve the order of the others. Also loving the rest of the idea with multiple cycles that rotate in and out.

Also, where is Kashan 16? Kill off 32 if you have to, I want 16 hiding in there somewhere... :F

Comment

I think Celestial has a very good point about the same team being the same force later down the line. I am positive there are some that 'set themselves up' if they know the maplist well. Heck friends may even join them.

Therefore, in order to maintain the suggestion that the maps work via the foundation of the Philosophy of Variation (to remove 'controlling'): I would suggest moving the last map that Celestial has rightly pointed out as 'team biased', 'up one' or 'one down' to make sure the Variation is there. I can see people licking their lips already at the thought "now if I switch to that team at the beginning <or simply switch to that team> I can make sure I am on that side with those assets (or "I can do this what I wanted to do/try out")" kind of 'selfish thinking'.

It is my opinion what Celestial has pointed out in this case helps move away from 'the problems' TG faces and closer to what TG is about. Which I believe is what Nardini was holistically thinking towards in the first place by adding a good thing in the step in that direction. It is no great leap from maps to attitude and healthiness.

Therefore, although I know I just said it may be best to leave alone for a while, this sounds an immediate good suggestion, and other than that (;)) I would leave it alone a good while and let the 'wants' out while the 'thought' sets in.

Comment

This should resolve many problems...

Into new days we're rising !

Comment

I tried to split the maps so players wouldn't be playing the same teams or gameplay types (assault vs. defend, insurgency) the same after each round. Obviously I missed a few, I'll correct those when I get a chance.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

A great idea. Maybe a couple retro maps here and there just to lighten the mood?

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                              I tried to split the maps so players wouldn't be playing the same teams or gameplay types (assault vs. defend, insurgency) the same after each round. Obviously I missed a few, I'll correct those when I get a chance.
                              Rock!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X