Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to join in a good squad

Hi, again

Haven't managed to catch the guys I'm usually with on lately. Last week of games have been very dull, it's all locked squads, and the one that is open is a "nobody cares" squad.

I haven't been playing long enough to know the maps at all to try to run a good squad myself.

Let me know if there is a good time to join where I can catch a good squad that has some teamwork.

Re: Looking to join in a good squad

Hello Cinders
    You can catch us on weekends most of the time but we are a new and small squad right now. Feel free to join 41st TS Channel, I'm in there all the time my PC is turned on.

Comment

Err alamo...i think he meant a PR squad! And he did say teamwork! ;)

Best time to get lots of teamwork is like 5-11 est ish. Most people get home from work then and the TW starts.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

The reason why I don't make much squads any-more:

The other day on Muttrah, a fella joined my squad, ran straight for the cates and got a grenadier.

I.E. I can't be stuffed to deal with people being annoying. I'll try to stop that, if you catch me on tomorrow.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Berlancic View Post
          The reason why I don't make much squads any-more:

The other day on Muttrah, a fella joined my squad, ran straight for the cates and got a grenadier.

I.E. I can't be stuffed to deal with people being annoying. I'll try to stop that, if you catch me on tomorrow.
          Is it really so much annoying when your squad member request grenadier rifle? I would never think that way unless you run APC squad :)

Anyway I think I know what you mean that he didn't ask you before he took it but after all having grenadier in squad is a good thing so nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodAce View Post
            Is it really so much annoying when your squad member request grenadier rifle? I would never think that way unless you run APC squad :)

Anyway I think I know what you mean that he didn't ask you before he took it but after all having grenadier in squad is a good thing so nothing wrong with that.
            The thing is, squad kid loadouts can be very important depending on what the squad lead has in mind. That extra ammo bag can be really important if your are carryign an anti-tank soldier with you. It's also just plain annoying when people grab grenadier and marksmen kits because it gives them excuse to be "leet". I'd much rather have more standard riflemen putting rounds downrange at the enemy (which seems to be the hardest thing for most squad members). Of course, if they ask, then I can actually trust him to maybe actually use the kit well.

Comment

To be quite frank. if you see a TG tag as a squad leader. You know you're in for either
              a) A hell of a good time with laughing and jokes and general fun.
              or
              b) A fun time with tactics and serious gameplay aiming for nothing but true realism
              or
              c) A strict squad leader who will tell you your position, what direction you should be looking. When to fire and all sorts. They are the ones who often bring the victories but at the slight cost of morale

There are some good public squad leaders but at the end of the day you cant be too certain.

If the person has a TG In-House-Squad tag for example TG-XV - TG-31st 6th and so on then you're looking at option B most of the time as IHS's have alot of fun on a somewhat serious level :)

Comment

All the best leaders wear a tag in their name
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

sometimes there is a learn TG squad = join

| | | |

Comment

I'm usually on in the evenings. I can understand if you lock the squad, a lot of guys in the "throw down" squads don't care, and just do what they want.

If you see my name, invite me in! I stick with the group and play my role. I'm a former rl grunt, I understand "mission" and "discipline".

Comment

Devils usually play during the weekends. We are usually coordinating with other IHS or asset squads. So even when you can't get in a 6th squad, specifically, we're usually coordinating with the 10th, 31st, 69th, etc.

Also, on that note...

Mumble is a great tool in a good, strict squad. I've started using mumble to the effect of fireteams within the squad. I used to do this all the time, but comm-crossing became a problem. With directional voip it makes this tactic much more valid than ever.

And with mumble, you can often listen to SL's having impromptu meetings in the field. It'll give you a closer look at what experienced squad leaders do with their squads. I can't mention the number of times these impromptu meetings with other squad leaders have helped us get a flag. Protable.Cougar and I love having meetings. He loves hearing my voice. He also likes to follow me around, or boss me around over mumble.
                      Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Cinders View Post

If you see my name, invite me in! I stick with the group and play my role.
                        +1

Love the teamwork, it's what makes the game!
                        MANUS HAEC INIMICA TYRANNIS

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye2550 View Post
                          sometimes there is a learn TG squad = join
                          Y'know, I keep hearing that, but I don't think that in the (admittedly fairly short) time I've been here I've ever seen one of those.

I personally have tended not to squadlead for a few reasons: 1) I don't know the maps well at all 2) I don't really know anything solidly beyond basic squad-level or team-level tactics 3) whenever I've tried to run a squad I always get stuck with at least one mic-less smacktard and 2-4 people who are new 4) for whatever reason, I tell people to do something and they do something else, no matter how hard I try. Apparently, from what I've been hearing here and in-game, however, what I consider to be failing is far more than what some SLs are doing...so you might (*gasp*) see me trying to SL occasionally on a map I know, if I get to play and can find one or two regulars who want to help* me.

*help = cover for me when I fail every 5 or 10 minutes
                          "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

Originally posted by fullkontact View Post
                            To be quite frank. if you see a TG tag as a squad leader. You know you're in for either
                            a) A hell of a good time with laughing and jokes and general fun.
                            or
                            b) A fun time with tactics and serious gameplay aiming for nothing but true realism
                            or
                            c) A strict squad leader who will tell you your position, what direction you should be looking. When to fire and all sorts. They are the ones who often bring the victories but at the slight cost of morale

There are some good public squad leaders but at the end of the day you cant be too certain.

If the person has a TG In-House-Squad tag for example TG-XV - TG-31st 6th and so on then you're looking at option B most of the time as IHS's have alot of fun on a somewhat serious level :)

I must have MSLPD then. Multiple-Squad-Leader-Personality-Disorder.

I think I've run squads that are all of the above and how frustrated I am at the time :P

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
                              I must have MSLPD then. Multiple-Squad-Leader-Personality-Disorder.
                              You have a lot of Disorders, Star. :P

I squadlead infantry squads every now and then, depending on my mood/map/plan for the round, so if you see me yell at me and tell me to invite you/save a space for you, I'll see if I can get you in.

Mumble is awesome, like Skud says. I'm always on it, since it offers a better cohesiveness among teammates who use it. Even if you don't have it, the people who do can oft use it to great success.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X