Enjoy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoy.

We should enjoy the time we have here. It won't last forever; technology improves. One day this community, specifically the Project Reality community, will be lost to us.

We should avoid the petty arguments that divide us.
    We should learn to appreciate the fact that a place such as TacticalGamer exists.
    We should attempt to close the gaps that have been created by stupid rivalries over things..
    Such as our voices, the way we play, our KDR, or what team the majority of tagged players
    Were on last round.

We should be more accepting and more tolerant of others that are not in our community.
    We should not give the appearance of elitism to others. If such a mindset actually exists among others, surely it is true.
    We should be more accepting and more tolerant of those who ARE in our community,
    And actively participate in it, lest we lose those members and, in that, their contributions.

We should realize that this will not last forever, and learn to cherish it while we have it.
    We should most certainly refine our gameplay more, and try to play better,
    Not just on password nights.
    We should try to express to the Project Reality community as a whole that we are simply a
    community, and not a clan, which appears to be what most people view us as.

After all, we are the premiere online community for MATURE players,
    Not the childish, petty asset stealing, teamkilling, nonserious players
    some of us have become.

Re: Enjoy.

FIX YOUR MICROPHONE!!! :p
    sigpic

Comment

Brought a tear from me eye it did. Btw, how do I join your clan? ;)

Comment

Wise words, sir. Excellent words. I vote this as thread of the year.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
          We should enjoy the time we have here. It won't last forever; technology improves. One day this community, specifically the Project Reality community, will be lost to us.

We should avoid the petty arguments that divide us.
          We should learn to appreciate the fact that a place such as TacticalGamer exists.
          We should attempt to close the gaps that have been created by stupid rivalries over things..
          Such as our voices, the way we play, our KDR, or what team the majority of tagged players
          Were on last round.

We should be more accepting and more tolerant of others that are not in our community.
          We should not give the appearance of elitism to others. If such a mindset actually exists among others, surely it is true.
          We should be more accepting and more tolerant of those who ARE in our community,
          And actively participate in it, lest we lose those members and, in that, their contributions.

We should realize that this will not last forever, and learn to cherish it while we have it.
          We should most certainly refine our gameplay more, and try to play better,
          Not just on password nights.
          We should try to express to the Project Reality community as a whole that we are simply a
          community, and not a clan, which appears to be what most people view us as.

After all, we are the premiere online community for MATURE players,
          Not the childish, petty asset stealing, teamkilling, nonserious players
          some of us have become.
          Bolded for emphasis, that's our problem right there folks. Maybe it's time to put down that joystick and huff it out with the ground troops for a while. Letting newer played into our circle and letting them do the "fun stuff" every once in a while is a good thing. I'm not calling any specific people out, but if you find yourself taking the same assets day after day maybe the next few weeks you should stay out of it completely and do something different. Variety keeps the game fresh for everyone :).

Also please remember that Mumble and TS are not for general chatter (in the team coord channels.) Keep comms to a minimum, and please don't go screaming 'allah ackbar!' into your mic every time the game ends or you kill an enemy tank.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
            please don't go screaming 'allah ackbar!' into your mic every time the game ends or you kill an enemy tank.
            In other words, act like you've done it before.

+rep to Star for an excellent post that cuts to the heart of the matter

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
              I think these are the words that a lot of people need to think about

Great thread Star!

Comment

Originally posted by LeadMagnet View Post
                Brought a tear from me eye it did. Btw, how do I join your clan? ;)
                You have to go through reverse bombcar civvi hazing. You won't like it.

Comment

awesome post. +1 rep

TG isn't as bad as some of you think in the whole asset stealing and stuff. We are actually quite perfect. I know i have brought it up before but im starting to think it should never be brought up again. If any of you have been on Chicago or Virginia, there is so much about the the assets. The admins dont even have time to breathe, its just constant "duplicate squad" watch. Everything revolved around assets.

Here at TG, we dont have problems like that and we all respect the squads that have made and etc.

Now as for what Nardini said, i agree, I have finally gotten my game to work and have began to start SL'ing.

However, one thing I want to point out again is that sometimes, asset "whoring" is necesary to a certain extent. Sometimes you see people who are flying trans that cannot fly and are directly causing people to be stuck on a carrier. Sure we can swim but its not practical. Hence there would be that one player who knows how to fly and hence does it again.

I have re-considered my concept and now I will "huff it" by doing or leading inf at the start which is a good idea for everyone. Let other players have a try at assets. But however, if it ends up in them wasting assets or just cannot fly drive, etc. I wont hesitate to complain or succeed them.

anyways great post startrekern
                  csxgamerz

Comment

Nice said Startrekern...
                    //FixXxeR Out

Comment

Originally posted by dbzao View Post
                      FIX YOUR MICROPHONE!!! :p
                      Agree.

Was in a train today, checking TG forums with mobile phone (yeah, you get bored in public transportation vehicles) and when I saw the nickname "STAR[...]" all I thought is "I'm going to write that he has to fix his mic before replying to the thread itself".

One awesome post later I read "FIX YOUR MICROPHONE!!!" - I had to laugh so hard. :D

However, true words, another piece of motivation.

Lets do this guys.:)

Comment

Send this message on to at least 7 friends in the next hour or you will experience lag on the server for one month...
                        |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

This post makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside...The kind of feeling you get from eating pancakes.

Delicious.

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                          Send this message on to at least 7 friends in the next hour or you will experience lag on the server for one month...
                          Oh shi-

Comment

creative sauce!

| |

Comment

Very well said...
                              with more and more games coming out, less and less people are playing... soon we will all have to move on to a different game. Until then however, lets cherish the golden egg which is PR and improve our own community while doing so.
                              Kamikaze

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X