Any online source of map overviews?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any online source of map overviews?

I have had some good fun already over the last week that i have been playing PR. But most of those good times have been at squad level as i have yet to play in a match where we had a commander throughout directing squads.

What i find interesting in PR versus other games is that its harder than normal to figure out which team is winning. Is there an online source that describes all the maps in the game and perhaps discusses map specific strategies?

Thanks much in advance for any help!

Re: Any online source of map overviews?

There is a manual when you install the game, That explains quite alot of things you may need to know ;)
    PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

I did read the manual but i will go through it again to see what i missed.

Comment

Why yes there is good citizen!
        There is a source for the maps at Tacticum Briefing Center Feel free to PM me if you need anything with this one.

For discussion of specific rounds of BF2 games, we have our very own After Action Reports section, located conveniently inside the link!

For discussion of maps (and tactics, strategies, etc) across ALL our Battlefield 2 games and mods, we have a maps, tactics, strategies, etc section

Official Project Reality links for:
        Map Feedback

Some discussions relating to strategery are more general, and thus suited to General Discussions!

Edit: Also, the manual doesn't really contain much in the way of strategery or map ideas, last I checked it doesn't even contain most of the map overviews.

Comment

another good link from the reality mod forums is PR strategies. The first subsection in this is for certain maps, there are also many other subsections to deal with vehicles, Squad leading, commanding, ect.
          |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

I think

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...lity-maps.html

May be what you are looking for :)

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
              I think

May be what you are looking for :)
              Yeah thats all the PR maps right there

Comment

The pr wiki guide is currently in it's final stages of overhaul and should contain map details when ready. Until then links above will have to do

Comment

Thanks guys. That covers it :)

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                    The pr wiki guide is currently in it's final stages of overhaul and should contain map details when ready. Until then links above will have to do
                    Finally! How soon?
                    "It's called a randomizer, and it's fitted to the guidance systems and operates under a very complex scientific principle called pot luck."

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                      It's not April Fools, fuzz.

Clearly an unfunny attempt at an unfunny joke.
                      Skud

Comment

We have all the PR maps (some older ones too) posted at:

TGU!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by O=T-M-A-N=O View Post
                          We have all the PR maps (some older ones too) posted at:

TGU!
                          That's what I linked to :P

Comment

This is the kind of stuff i am talking about. Really cool if this type of plan could be pulled off on all maps. (i would have linked it but i dont have 15 posts on forums yet). I find (in my very limited experience so far) that most people are following SL orders but often there are no directions from commander level (usually cuz there is no one playing commander).

Muttrah City - USMC Strategy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to write this guide mostly because I am so sick and tired of how many times I play Muttrah City as the USMC, and how many times they get pushed back. As we all know, 90% of the time MEC wins this battle, so either Rhino makes it easier for the USMC, or the players brighten up.

Squad Layout:

3 Infantry squads (SQD1 , SQD2 , SQD3)
                            2 Air squads (Transport squad , Cobra squad)
                            1 APC squad (APC squad)

6 squads is all it takes really.

Infantry squads are standard squads, no sniper, no spec ops needed. The squads are all 6 man squads.

The transport air squad has 3-4 people in it. One HUGE mistake that many players make is that they think they NEED to fly the littlebird that is just sitting at the carrier. There are too many helicopters on the map for the noobs who just want to fly and then crash them. We only need 2 huey pilots, and only 2 littlebird pilots if not NO littlebirds. When i join server playing Muttrah City, there are about 3-4 squads dedicated to flying. This is far too many, and it means there are not enough infantry on the ground. The Cobra squad should consist of 3 people, 2 pilots and a spotter. (this squad should also take control the attack huey that spawns in the beginning.)

APC squads are crucial to victory as well. It needs to be a full 6 man squad with 4 crewmen, and 2 engineers who ride in the back of the APC. They absolutely NEED to stay together to defeat the MEC BTR-90.

So, here's how the battleplan goes...

The pilots get their choppers, while 2 inf squads pile up into the 2 hueys. The attack huey takes off and it main objective should be the targeting of the MEC command trucks. I usually fly through the MEC main (no baserape) and then I search for the command trucks. No command trucks means no Forward outposts. Which will help when there is no AA for the cobra. The attack huey can also take advantage of no AA manpads, so he better be quick on those command trucks!

While the attack huey wreaks havoc in the city, the 2 transport hueys have already dropped off their men at the docks and have dropped 2 supply crates. Immediately, the USMC should be on their way to putting up an FB at the docks. This is crucial as well, so the transport hueys will not be constantly transporting men from the carrier and then getting shot down with the precious load. Once the FB is up, the USMC have a spawnpoint on the mainland. The littlebirds at the same time, transport the 3rd infantry squad to North city, where they will set up a defensive perimeter.

While this is going on, the APCs should be on their way to the docks. Once they get there, they pick up 1 infantry squad from the docks and bring them to north city. The 1st inf squad defends docks, while 2 inf squads and 2 APCs make the offensive at North city.

IF the MEC team is decent they will already have East and West city centers, and they will already be trying to take North. 2 APC's and 2 infantry squads should be plenty to take out the MEC force going for North city.

Overall, once North city is property of the USMC, then it should go well on from there. They use the same tactic of one squad defending, while the rest of the team moves up. The cobra can be used as a defensive asset too. Just hovering over a city and shooting those who try to get in. Of course AA is a problem and it is the infantry's job to try and get rid of it.

I hope this guide helps people to understand how Muttrah should be played, and I hope i see better Muttrah rounds in the future!

EDIT: I've realized that with my guide there are 33 players on the USMC side. Let's just take one person out of one transport squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Akaz View Post
                              This is the kind of stuff i am talking about. Really cool if this type of plan could be pulled off on all maps. (i would have linked it but i dont have 15 posts on forums yet). I find (in my very limited experience so far) that most people are following SL orders but often there are no directions from commander level (usually cuz there is no one playing commander).
                              This type of guide for muttrah is a pretty good strategy for the USMC. One problem I can think of though is that if everyone has access to these guides, one or two of the more enterprising players might realise you are using that specific strategy at the start of the round (eg. they see the huey fly over their main and hunt Co trucks). If this happens your strategy suddenly becomes very predictable. When your next move becomes predictable that's when the opportunity for ambushes and sneaky tactics arises, which might disadvantage your team.

Having said that, it would require an unusually large amount of coordination on the other time to realise this and come up with a specific strategy to counter it.

What you should do is get these guides and keep them secret :row__573:
                              |TG| (:djames-d)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X