help with getting started

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with getting started

Im totally new to PR and have the basic bf2. I followed the guide and downloaded the 1.41 patch but now been told this is obsolete. Kind need some help with what i need to do to get onto a PR game.

Re: help with getting started

Originally posted by trigga2uk View Post
    Im totally new to PR and have the basic bf2. I followed the guide and downloaded the 1.41 patch but now been told this is obsolete. Kind need some help with what i need to do to get onto a PR game.
    stick with some of us in a squad and we will be happy to teach you things after all we all had to be tought how in the first place isnt that right guys

Comment

Download the 1.5 BF2 patch, and the .87 Core and and .87 levels. When you've finished downloading, make sure you set the game type in the filter to all, otherwise you'll only pick up Bf2 servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
        Download the 1.5 BF2 patch, and the .87 Core and and .87 levels. When you've finished downloading, make sure you set the game type in the filter to all, otherwise you'll only pick up Bf2 servers.
        any idea where i can find the v1.5 patch, id prefer to use somewhere recommended than something potentially dodgy.

Comment

any idea where i can find the v1.5 patch, id prefer to use somewhere recommended than something potentially dodgy.
          Here:
          http://www.filefront.com/14444947/Ba...-2-Patch-v1.5/

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post

also the reality mod site states that i require the v1.41 before downloading v1.5. I have downloaded v1.41 and have it sitting in a folder, click on it, nothing happens.

Comment

also the reality mod site states that i require the v1.41 before downloading v1.5. I have downloaded v1.41 and have it sitting in a folder, click on it, nothing happens.
              Are you running Vista? Running large programs such as patches takes a while for it to start, as it has to ask for your permission first before running it- right click on it and press "Run as administrator", give it a few minutes and then after it says "1.41 patch is requesting your permission" press yes. Should work after that.

Comment

Originally posted by falken16 View Post
                Are you running Vista? Running large programs such as patches takes a while for it to start, as it has to ask for your permission first before running it- right click on it and press "Run as administrator", give it a few minutes and then after it says "1.41 patch is requesting your permission" press yes. Should work after that.

currently runing windows xp, tried your advice. But again the egg timer icon comes up for 3 or 4 seconds then nothing.

downloading v1.50, will this mean i dont need to worry about v1.41?

Comment

It also takes some time on Windows XP, here is almost 5 minutes to load.
                  onemanwreckingcrew;: "Speed is the key!"

Comment

Originally posted by Marko|BR| View Post
                    It also takes some time on Windows XP, here is almost 5 minutes to load.
                    well i tried it about 2 hours ago and still nothing. I think its safe to say its not working rather than slow to load.

Comment

The steps I followed after reinstalling windows a week or two ago:
                      1. Install BF2 (The disks I have are 1.0, initial release)
                      2. Restart computer. BF2 is a dinosaur in this respect, not restarting and patching will corrupt the game.
                      3. Install 1.41. The patch utility takes its sweeeeet time. I left mine overnight. (:/)
                      4. Restart again, after installing 1.41
                      5. Install 1.5. This one only took 15 minutes for me (Which I chuckled at, it is 3x the size and took 1/8th the time)
                      6. Restart computer.
                      7. Install PR Core .87 Files. Shouldn't take long.
                      7b. I didn't restart in between installing core and levels, and PR works fine.
                      8. Install PR Level .87 Files. Also shouldn't take long.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
                        The steps I followed after reinstalling windows a week or two ago:
                        1. Install BF2 (The disks I have are 1.0, initial release)
                        2. Restart computer. BF2 is a dinosaur in this respect, not restarting and patching will corrupt the game.
                        3. Install 1.41. The patch utility takes its sweeeeet time. I left mine overnight. (:/)
                        4. Restart again, after installing 1.41
                        5. Install 1.5. This one only took 15 minutes for me (Which I chuckled at, it is 3x the size and took 1/8th the time)
                        6. Restart computer.
                        7. Install PR Core .87 Files. Shouldn't take long.
                        7b. I didn't restart in between installing core and levels, and PR works fine.
                        8. Install PR Level .87 Files. Also shouldn't take long.

Good luck!
                        thanks for the advice, but i cant even get past the 1.41 installation. Its just not doing anything, and i also downloaded v1.5 - same thing. I click on both the icons and they do nothing.

Comment

Ill just reinforce what was said before..

it takes a long time for the installer to launch
                          sometimes it takes up to 10 minutes for them to launch for me.

1.41 first
                          then 1.5
                          then the PR core and levels.

Comment

Just follow mat552s list, you cant fail.

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

ok, i got v1.41 installed after downloading it for a second time. I will try the same with v1.50.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X