This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight's Planning Stage on Qwai

I have seen these similar occurrences happen during the beginning of internal scrims, Insurgency World Series, C&C events, and password nights etc. Tonight on Qwai there was a few minutes taken at the beginning of the round for each commander to plan for this map. To be honest I was quite embarrassed to be on the Chinese side, is it so effing hard for people to not F around?

Seriously if your CO has something to plan, or if he doesn't you are not entitled to shoot inside the main base, TK, TK with a sniper rifle, shoot a pistol at armored vehicles, throw smoke where ever you please etc.

It doesn't matter if you have a |?| tag, a IRR tag, a IHS tag or any other tag or no tag.

If you are a SL tell the members of your squad to stay put, not to open fire etc, or if members of your squad have never seen anything like that before tell them to refrain from goofing off. I think before the server was restarted the Chinese team had about 10 tks.

It was very pathetic, and shouldn't happen especially on PW night.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Tonight's Planning Stage on Qwai

Yup it's difficult. Orphal, Banana me, and some other regulars were trying to get organised on Al Basrah during the afternoon (Europe time). It took the commander ~25 minutes to get some degree of coordination. But he persisted and finally we got some teamwork going there. We almost won, almost!

Oww just read that it was on password night, sjees......

Comment

planning on quinling:
      [media]http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/stealthb/screen166.jpg[/media]

after planning:
      [media]http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/stealthb/screen168.jpg[/media]

:)

i wasn't there on qwai, but quinling planning went quite well.
      NOTE: Nobody interrupted the planning, the 2nd screenshot happened after we were done. just to clarify this.
      Last edited by STealthBanana; 10-05-2009, 08:39 AM.
      |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

Guys - this kind of thing is COMPLETELY unacceptable!

Why?

1) Players new to TG see this - what kind of example are we setting?
        2) Players are trying to coordinate their squads, kit load-outs and also coordinate their movements with other squads. This is difficult to do with gunfire, explosions and dying going on around you.
        3) It has been made explicitly clear in every scrimmage that this type of behavior is not wanted and will result in punishments. Why do players think they can ignore the wishes of the admins and the other members of the community and behave this way?

Actions will be taken against those who participated in this. It seems as though the only way people are going to start listening is if they suffer some type of penalty since asking nicely and relying on their maturity doesn't seem to work.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by sapientiea View Post
          Yup it's difficult. Orphal, Banana me, and some other regulars were trying to get organised on Al Basrah during the afternoon (Europe time). It took the commander ~25 minutes to get some degree of coordination. But he persisted and finally we got some teamwork going there. We almost won, almost!

Oww just read that it was on password night, sjees......

Don't even start with that round, took me exactly 1 minute to realize I need to disband my squad and organize things, and another 20 mintues to get everyone back in main base.
          Quite some people didn't like my commanding and were following my orders only when I treathened them to call an admin if they don't.

And as Randie described earlier my case was the same, there were guys shooting, throwing grenades, driving vehicles in circles and spamming all chat, all that in main while I was trying to make a plan.

A peace and quiet sign in libraries is there for a reason huh?, same as I need peace and quiet to try and do my job - organize team. Although it wasn't a password night we need to get some discipline going or we can return to the cave man era (a.k.a. vbf2).

Comment

Blame me, I allowed the knife fight after planning on Quinling.
            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

While teamkilling and being obnoxious is not acceptable during planning, the British side only started screwing around when we were done and waiting for the Chinese team.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I knew I got knifed, but I didnt feel bad about it.
                Not as bad as losing my internet for a bit shortly after the round started.

|

Comment

WOW.....I wasn't there for pw night.....but is this why the server was empty at 10pm est???????

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                    While teamkilling and being obnoxious is not acceptable during planning, the British side only started screwing around when we were done and waiting for the Chinese team.
                    The thing is certain players on the chinese side did it throughout the entire planning stage.....it shouldn't happen no matter what, if you were in a business meeting you wouldn't stand up on the boardroom table undo your pants and piss all over the place.
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                    Level I HazMat Technician
                    NYS EMT-B
                    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

there is a distinct difference, as Randy mentions above, between screwing around after planning, waiting for the other team and disrupting the planning process itself. Randy's complaint was about the PLA team and the disruptions that took place during their planning.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Maybe ye played Quinling a second time after i left but: What planning?

I was on team china and there was no CO for ages, then when a CO finally showed up (thank you, by the way, for stepping up) he didnt really tell our SL's to do anything.

Im surprised that China managed to allmost cap out british after about 40 mins. Unfortunatly i had to leave cause it was late and i had left my head phones in a mates house.

Oh yeah: Nice tanking with you james.

EDIT:
                        if you were in a business meeting you wouldn't stand up on the boardroom table undo your pants and piss all over the place.
                        But think about how awesome that would be :P
                        In seriousness though randy, the reason everyone on team china started pissing around was because we didnt have a commander for the first 10 minutes of the "planning" process. Then when he showed up i know for a fact my SL didnt even get contacted by him, and we were the bloody tank squad!
                        Nihility

Comment

This was extremely frustrating for me. Prior to the start of the round, my squad had arranged for an APC ride from squad 3 and I was to follow behind in the logi truck.

Right before the round started, the commander said "No, your going in squad 4's APC."

OK. I tried to confirm with the CO AND squad 4 but I couldn't hear them because of all the jacking off going on around me.

Then the round restarted and everybody was dying on spawn with special kits. My logi truck was taken, so I tried getting into squad 4's APC, but it was full and everybody was yelling at me to "get in" like I knew where that was.

I was pissed off and almost quit, but I and my awesome squad persevered until the server crashed a little bit later.

8 hours in that server yesterday. At least one of them was spent watching people throw grenades, smoke, shooting, driving and otherwise being asshats before the round started.

Quinling actually started quite nicely.

Comment

They were probably coordinating in the SL channel, I know that's what we were doing and then relaying the information to our squads...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                              They were probably coordinating in the SL channel, I know that's what we were doing and then relaying the information to our squads...
                              I know thats whats ment to happen Nard but we didnt recieve any orders for nearly the whole round till i left.
                              Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X