Battlefield:BC2 = BF3?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield:BC2 = BF3?

I must say the gameplay footage of Battlefield Bad Company 2 is way too awsom to bielieve!

BC2 will be release to PC as well,which means its the first battlefield for PC project since BF2, so why they are not calling it BF3?

I bet PR Mod on BC2 will look AWSOM, to say the least!

heres the phootage: http://www.ea.com/games/battlefield-bad-company-2#

|TG-Irr| Trance

Parlay?

Re: Battlefield:BC2 = BF3?

"which means its the first battlefield for PC project since BF2,"

2142? 1943?

either way im not geting my hopes up because i was disapointed about the first one and its online gameplay

Comment

Originally posted by Blade.3510 View Post
      "which means its the first battlefield for PC project since BF2,"

2142? 1943?

either way im not geting my hopes up because i was disapointed about the first one and its online gameplay
      Don't forget Battlefield Heroes! :P
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Isn't it also schedules for Xbox release?

I imagine its not called BF3 because another game may likely use that title.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
          don't forget battlefield heroes! :p
          it sucks and it was free!!! :p

Comment

Battlefield 3 will be called Battlefield 3, this I'm sure of. EA are many things, but ones to beat around the bush about naming their games they are not.

Comment

BF:BC2 will be BF:BC1 with more weapons and a sequel in terms of story. Nothing else, as far as anyone is concerned.

BF:BC1 was like Battlefield's CoD4 but with less special forces, more vehicular play.

Not a BF3 at all, unfortunately.

Comment

BF:BC was the first in the Battlefield Series to have a storyline, and thats what their aim was, more on SP and Story rather than MP which in my opinion was ridiculous as BF has always been a MP series.

None the less BF:BC is a very very good game, both Visually and with the best Audio i have ever heard in any game. BF BC 2 looks better and by the sounds of it their concentrating far more on MP this time, bringing back some old features, and bringing in some new ones too, as you would!
                PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial1 View Post
                  BF:BC2 will be BF:BC1 with more weapons and a sequel in terms of story.
                  Which is considerate given that the PC platform never got part 1 of the sequel.

Comment

Certainly it looks like a good title but like Ivan said, theres a heavy focus on singleplayer (and consoles).

BF3, for me anyways, needs to have minimum:

- 64 players (but preferably 80+)

- largescale maps (2km but preferably 4km or 8km)

- conquest style flag capturing (all BF games have always had this, its a must)

- large variety of ground, air and sea units

- detailed squad system (maybe we can have platoons as well as squads with larger player amounts)

- mod tools and programs and supporting the mods (BC2 I dont think will have this)

... in order to be called a true sequel. BC2 is said to have 48 player limit, and looks like a lot of features from BF2 will have to be downsized to keep consoles working.

Who knows if a BF3 for the PC is in development but heres hoping it is :)

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                      Who knows if a BF3 for the PC is in development but heres hoping it is :)
                      http://games.ign.com/articles/993/993655p1.html

I am not sure if EA's chief operating officer John Pleasants is talking about an actual Battlefield 3 or confusing it with BF:BC2.

"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him."
                      - Sun Tzu

Comment

Yeap its never been 100% confirmed, that press release could just as easily be talking on BC2..

DICE have never publically said "BF3 for PC is in development, heres its features, bla bla" its all been rumors and fairly obscure comments like the one above made by some guy who probably has never played any BF game in his life and just making publicity comments

Comment

Yeap its never been 100% confirmed, that press release could just as easily be talking on BC2..

DICE have never publically said "BF3 for PC is in development, heres its features, bla bla" its all been rumors and fairly obscure comments like the one above made by some guy who probably has never played any BF game in his life and just making publicity comments
                          If only the COD 4/5 Multiplayer setup was not like CS, now that could show some real promise.

Lets hope that the releases of Arma, Arma2, and OFP2 haven't made EA/DICE look the other way with a BF3. Maybe all it will take is the success of the new COD to get those guys back into the realm of BF3.
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Certainly it looks like a good title but like Ivan said, theres a heavy focus on singleplayer (and consoles).
                            If it comes out for consoles chances are it may suck. I know thats not always true but i hated BF:BC1 and i think BC2 will be more of the same. Look at BF2 for the PS2, that game uber failed as far as every gaming aspect went except maybe graphics. In my opinion consoles = arcade.
                            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

yeah i think if there is a BF3, it should quite simply be an up to date version of BF2, Bigger maps, More players, More weapons,up to date graphics and all the rest that nice stuff.

BF:BC 2 is definantly going to be a jaw dropper, and undoubtfully fun in mp.
                              PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X