Why TG is like Star Trek TNG [teamstacking]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why TG is like Star Trek TNG [teamstacking]

If you aren't aware of the first two series (the original series with Kirk often called TOS and the Next Generation with Picard often called TNG) you most likely are still aware of what a Klingon is. This race was used in the original series as antagonists to the Enterprise's crew made up of protagonists. When the two were involved they were always on opposite teams, even if the Klingons were to lose they fought fiercely and never gave in.

In TG the Klingons are like The Next Generation (TNG) Klingons. They were on the same side and even worked with the protagonists but still maintained their fierce hostility to anyone questioning their honor. In the PR server Klingons are the people who cling to the popular TG members and follow them around no matter what team they are on because they want to be on the winning side/side with the most teamwork, and get defensive when the imbalance is pointed out. We do have certain players who are very popular because they lead well, organize and play well with others and generally their team does well. These players also often attempt to even the teams but when they do the Klingons simply follow them to the other side causing the other team to be the stacked one. Due to the Klingon's behavior the popular players can never all be on the same team during the same round due to the influx of Klingons.

Team stacking is not due to the SM kick (as they would most likely kick and replace someone on the losing side). I know this because every time I join during prime time I end up on the opposite team from the popular players. What happens is people who want to play with their friends do so too often. We have an IHS system that encourages that squad to play together, and that is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the players who cling to members of a IHS they aren't part of or join the team with the most mumble/TS people because they want to be on the side with the most organization. Of course that will generally be the team the wins, and even if all the mumblers are crap players the appearance of a stacked team is enough for the other team to not even try in some cases.

I'm not saying players shouldn't switch teams to play with your friends, I'm saying players shouldn't switch teams to play on that team most of the time. Stick with the losing team, try to help them out! If you find yourself on the team that just steamrolled the other one two maps in a row you can volunteer to go to the losing team but if everyone switches to the losing team then the stacking simply switches sides. The stack switch has been seen by myself and others on several occasions when a few popular players attempted to balance the teams. I'm not saying I'm one of those popular players. I'm not saying I haven't switched sides to play with a friend or someone I haven't played with for a while. I'm just saying don't do it all the time and it is obvious who the Klingons are to the people who value balanced teams. Since there are no rules about switching this is a simple question of honor. All TG members should stick with the team they load into most of the time as there are always a lot of quality players ready for them to play with, and new players that would benefit from their experience. Additionally, it will help with the appearance of stacking when there is no actual skill stacking. It's not like we have to play with the same people every time, right?

So for the Klingons, do you want to be a kickass guy from the original Star Trek or the watered down Klingons from the Next Generation who have to hang out with the Federation because they can't win on their own? If you can admit to yourself that you are a Klingon and can reform yourself to the true spirit of TG feel free to include this minor quote in your sig. Don't worry about looking like a nerd for having a Star Trek related quote, at least you don't have a Twilight sig *cough cough*.

"I admit that I am a Klingon trying to be a member of the Federation. I will instead stick with the warriors I start with and stick with them to the end, only turning on them if the fight becomes too easy."

_____

Thread rules: No TNG vs TOS debates or other sidetracking. This is intended for serious discussion about 'teamstacking' with a light touch of humor to keep things civil.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Re: Why TG is like Star Trek TNG [teamstacking]

I changed it, kay? I'll change it back though, if it'll support the cause. Good post... not so sure on the Startrek reference though. I didn't watch that.

| |

Comment

this has to be the most original way of approaching a teamstacking discussion ever :D

(btw star trek rules, best franchise ever)

But I agree with you that its happening. if I can I will join the team with the most mumblers, but if the teams are equal when I join then I'll just stick it out on the team I'm assigned by fate.

But I don't think its a huge problem after the first 15-20mins of a round.

Comment

If I don't LIKE star trek can I derail the whole thing and argue the star wars corner?

Comment

This is by far the best parallel reference to teamstacking ever.

Personally, I enjoy the challenge of squad leading on a 'losing' side. The thing to keep in mind is that 90% of the time, this side is only 'losing' by about 50 tickets. So the 5 tanks the same single man squad single manned out into the middle of the bunker complex to die 5 times explains that.

But yes, 10% of the time, it's a legit steamroll that just isn't fun to play against. So perhaps if the game is going too easy, it's time to maybe go on defence to let the other team -try- to get back on their feet.

~Solo
          |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
            If I don't LIKE star trek can I derail the whole thing and argue the star wars corner?
            Its like in Episode 2, the clone troopers who stuck with the ship with all the Jedi in it DIDNT blow up as soon as they took off.
            Also it's like Lando being pushed around by Vader, cause he was winning.
            |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

If you look like this, you contribute to the problem.
              Skud

Comment

Marine..

Are you Welsh??

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                  Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Respect to those who are man enough to admit, that they are klingons.

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ICpoWtFFzc[/MEDIA]

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                        I changed it, kay? I'll change it back though, if it'll support the cause. Good post... not so sure on the Startrek reference though. I didn't watch that.
                        No?? TOS was the greatest thing in the world. The sixties nylon wardrobes...the tinny music...the cardboard-cutout props and scenery...You missed out on the awesome, dude.

|TG-6th|Belhade
                        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Can I be Jabba??? Can I please please please pretty please?

Nice post, but it won't change a damn, like all others. Had fun reading doh, but I'd enjoy a Star Wars approach a lot more too.
                          |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

woah there... 2 things:

FIRST: TNG >>>>>>>TOS

SECOND: I join the team that has more people on Mumble, regardless of performance. Funny how the team with the most on mumble usually wins though. :) Maybe it'll catch on like that internet thing.
                            |TG-Irr| Dreadnought
                            sigpic

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One --
                            I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of Manhattan Project quoting Bhagavad Gita

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                              woah there... 2 things:

FIRST: TNG >>>>>>>TOS

SECOND: I join the team that has more people on Mumble, regardless of performance. Funny how the team with the most on mumble usually wins though. :) Maybe it'll catch on like that internet thing.
                              [country voice]Now that right there's yer problem.[/country voice]

Ka plah, Dreadnought, Ka plah...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X