No teamspeak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No teamspeak

Why doesnt anyone use team speak anymore?

I was playing earlier and needed to get a message to a squad fast. I ended up having to type the message into chat.

Here is a rough transcript of the team chat:

<ME> XXXXX Are you on TS?
    <XXXXX> No, im on mumble.
    <ME> Relevant message to the current situation in game.
    <XXXXX> Soupy your the best!

...well thats not exactly how it went, but you get the idea.
    Mumble does not help a damn bit when someone is on the other side of the map. TS does. Why cant people use TS while they use mumble? My SL had neither TS or mumble running (but he was a great SL) so to get a message to pretty much every other SL we had to type.
    Now i know your going to say "Why didnt ure SL have comms?", well he wasnt a regular. Most of the other SL's (and SL members) play every day. Why cant they take 10 seconds to get on TS?

Bottom line: TS is more usefull than mumble.

USE IT PLEASE!!!
    Nihility

Re: No teamspeak

"Mumble does not help a damn bit when someone is on the other side of the map. TS does. Why cant people use TS while they use mumble? My SL had neither TS or mumble running (but he was a great SL) so to get a message to pretty much every other SL we had to type."

Your saying everyone should be on TS so that anyone can talk to anyone accross the map?

i.e. 32 people having to hear 2 guy's conversation?

The whole point of mumble is that you can teamwork with people without having heavy comms traffic.

and anyway, during the password night, none of the SLs would respond on teamspeak anyways

Given the solution of 1 more guy on TS/mumble, and the solution of 31 other guys having to get on TS I would think the obvious solution is best.

Just get the Squad leaders on Mumble and in the correct channel and watch the magic happen.

"Mumble does not help a damn bit when someone is on the other side of the map. TS does."

You do know you can assign a radio button and use Mumble like TS channel at will? (only in squad leader channel though plz)

Comment

I use both, and I know plenty of others that do. While mumble certainly seems to be the VOIP program of choice, most people can run both with no problems...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudd_medicman View Post
        "Mumble does not help a damn bit when someone is on the other side of the map. TS does."

You do know you can assign a radio button and use Mumble like TS channel at will? (only in squad leader channel though plz)
        QFT.

Mumble can do exactly what TS does, and more.

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
        I use both, and I know plenty of others that do. While mumble certainly seems to be the VOIP program of choice, most people can run both with no problems...
        I can run both with no problems, however I tend to get far too much chatter on comms. I prefer mumble anyday, simply because it's more flexible and more players use it, and rarely run Teamspeak in addition to.

Comment

I can't stand the chatter on TS, there's no restrictions and that sucks. Hearing everything is more often annoying instead of useful. Mumble has the advantage of only hearing global SL chatter when required, so the "noise" is reduced A LOT.

In-Game: |TG-Irr|Dreves

Comment

what i usually do is
            i hop on the TS "mumble" channel.
            mostly no chatter and you can still be reached over TS
            works for me ;)
            |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

Mumble SL channel is used exactly like TS.

If your SL isn't on mumble it's a good idea for one of the squad members to join the mumble SL chan and handle coms for him - rather than asking every SL to get on TS aswell (which still wouldn't be any easier for you)

Comment

I've noticed TS being used a lot less lately for PR. Mumble may be taking over PR as the official standard of comms usage. But I am to blame as well for that, I only use TS with PR is to hear Wickens rant inbetween rounds. He really needs his on TS channel as his virtual soap box. He'll host weekly shows for our fellow TG bethren. Hell, we could probably market it, and call it "Wick Stick Show."

Comment

Instead of "Soup" Insert "Teamspeak"

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ3AOmZ2fps[/media]
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                    Instead of "Soup" Insert "Teamspeak"

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ3AOmZ2fps[/media]
                    So now im a teamspeak nazi?

*Epic face palm*

Thanks, mature discussion is awesome and is decreasing at TG.

I know there is sometimes alot of pointless chatter on TS but isnt this the same as the pointless chatter in game text? Tell them to shush, and that it is not appropriate.

And just for your info i run both progs, and the fact that not many do this anymore makes it difficult for many squads to communicate.
                    Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                      So now im a teamspeak nazi?

*Epic face palm*

Thanks, mature discussion is awesome and is decreasing at TG.

I know there is sometimes alot of pointless chatter on TS but isnt this the same as the pointless chatter in game text? Tell them to shush, and that it is not appropriate.

And just for your info i run both progs, and the fact that not many do this anymore makes it difficult for many squads to communicate.
                      It isn't directed at you, it was an attempt at humor at the title.

TS is still regularly used, I have not used it that much due to liking mumble a whole lot more, and also when I found myself using TS the chatter in the SL channel was overwhelming. I am starting to use it a bit more tho.
                      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                      Level I HazMat Technician
                      NYS EMT-B
                      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

"Mumble mumble?"

"Mumble mumble!"

"MUMBLE!"

??

Comment

Originally posted by Soupy_Norman View Post
                          I can run both but I can't tell if someone is talking in TS or mumble due to the lack of a working overlay. This actually makes it more difficult to use intersquad comms so I generally leave TS in my IHS channel unless people are overly chatty and use the appropriate mumble channel in game. I know this is both a result and cause of the lack of people using TS, and previous pushes to still get people in TS didn't work.

Honestly, I prefer the in game use of mumble due to positional audio but would go right back to TS if it offered positional audio because it does everything else better and is easier to use.
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

If the message is really that important, and you don't know what comms system the other guy has, text chat really is the way to go. Everyone has it.
                            |TG-6th|Belhade
                            "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I barely use TS anymore because as others have said mumble does everything and more. If you really, really needed to talk to this guy you could of used force enter wich does what TS does if you are in the same channel. Although it would be nice to be able to communicate to whoever you wanted in voice whereever they were on the map, its just not possible between different programs and people just not going on them.
                              |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X