Vehicle & weapons question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle & weapons question

Ok are the Weapons & Vehicles used in project reality the original ones used in vanilla bf2 & its expansion packs, just modified a bit? My reason for asking this is, I know in real life our forces have newer & more advanced weapons & vehicles, so can the DEVS add these newer models into the game or do they have to use whats already in the game & just put differant skins on them? Like this vehicle =Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected All Terrain Vehicle, or M-ATV for short.

Re: Vehicle & weapons question

Many of the vehicles have been modeled specifically for PR..

Comment

It is really faction dependent -- for example the PLA vehicles are almost exclusively vBF2 assets with modifications, while their weapons are a hodge-podge of custom and vBF2 models. The US Army is now using almost completely new vehicles (sans Blackhawk) and weapons.

There is a PR suggestion forum where you can view the ASS list (Already Suggested Suggestions) or make new suggestions. The RG-31 will be seen as an asset for the Canadian Faction, though I'm unsure whether it will see use by US Factions.

-REad
      ;)

Comment

The reason I ask is mainly for vehicles, as far as weapons go not much in our military has changed, other than the multiple grenade launcher and a few others. But as far as vehicles go I know we have newer ones that are replacing the humvee and some variations of the apc, can't think of the names right now though. Just curious cuz I would like to drive down the road & not get blown up by an I.E.D in one shot, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by machineofdeath View Post
          The reason I ask is mainly for vehicles, as far as weapons go not much in our military has changed, other than the multiple grenade launcher and a few others. But as far as vehicles go I know we have newer ones that are replacing the humvee and some variations of the apc, can't think of the names right now though. Just curious cuz I would like to drive down the road & not get blown up by an I.E.D in one shot, lol.
          Though both the US Army an USMC are using quite a few MRAPs, they still are not the dominant vehicle on the battlefield. As for the function -- MRAPs increase the survivability not for the vehicle, but for the crew. In all likelihood a powerful IED will still render an MRAP inoperable, and injure the crew -- but their ability to survive is increased.

-REad
          ;)

Comment

The Huey, Bradley and Stryker etc has been made for the US forces.
            The current humvee is actually from the Desert Storm-mod USI, and not fully up to date.
            A more contemporary humvee has been in the works for a long time but has low priority.
            MRAPs have been suggested, but i don't think there's much focus or any in the works.

There will be many more vehicles made for PR, but i think US forces already got most of their quota, atleast for the nearest future.
            But the PR teams keep surprising, so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by ReadMenace View Post
              The US Army is now using almost completely new vehicles (sans Blackhawk)
              Actually, a new UH-60 Blackhawk was added in .809.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow85 View Post
                Actually, a new UH-60 Blackhawk was added in .809.
                Actually no, its just a reskin and added child objects.

Comment

The eventual plan is to replace all vanilla vehicles with custom ones (with more detail and attention to realism).

However its a time consuming process, and will be on-going.

PLA are the ones that need the most attention I think atm...

Comment

Tell me about it, that poor FAV is about as sturdy as a pile of air.

Comment

You know if the DEVS made Project Reality a totally independant game with its own gaming engine, not based on BF2 I would for sure pay $50 or $60 for it!!!!!

Comment

Check the PR forums, they are currently playing with the C4 engine in the hopes of making PR2 as an indy game. Imagine the teamwork elements of PR combined with the scale and size of ArmA.

If our prayers are answered and the DEV's succeed in this long and daring journey, we will all have the chance to pay for PR2 with monthly subscription fees via Steam.

Comment

"we will all have the chance to pay for PR2 with monthly subscription fees via Steam."

I would hope that I wouldn't have to have a steam account just to play the game & have to pay for it every month...

Comment

steam accounts are free.

PR2 itself will (likely) be a pay-to-play game.

Comment

Getting steam is easy, I once had steam, but the unistalled it, can't remember why. I'll gladly do it, anything for PR2.

They were thinking of around 5-$10 monthly (USD?), that's awesome when you think about it, 5 dollars per month for a game so great. Although I would prefer to simply pay and that's that, but PR2 I think will be constantly changing as it does now, and I don't think it would be so easy to market and export and all the other such and such.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X